TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: capsfan2121
Do you remember when we did those quizzes

Yep!
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jun. 11 at 8:56 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: jonh514
Same here. First you fight with em and then you end up liking them more than half the fans of your own franchise!

Always fun having the long discussions... Then, always when the same trades pop up, I can always look forward to another one of your interesting threads and trades outside the box...
capsfan2121 and jonh514 liked this.
Jun. 11 at 9:02 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
thirding the love (and continuing to blow up the menchies of) OldNYIFan. Always kept it respectful and friendly regardless of who they were dealing with, and how unhinged they may have been acting.

i also always enjoyed mondo's posts, the more irreverent the better.

and Garak has always been a very level-headed Hawks fan throughout the rebuild - the patience of a saint dealing with every other team trying to justify why Chicago should actually pay for the cap dumps they were dropping on their doorstep. the username/avatar combo also always made me smile as a longtime DS9 fan.

lots of solid users overall here - it's said to be losing one more of the places i felt comfortable popping in and participating in the community. thanks to all those who helped build that up.

I'll fourth you on @OldNYIFan, always was respectful and was objective no matter who they dealt with

I'll second you on @mondo and @Garak for your reasoning

I'd also like to thank you... The long explanations that make sense, always able to put thought in a respectable manner no matter the conversation... Thank you
Jun. 11 at 10:43 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Always fun having the long discussions... Then, always when the same trades pop up, I can always look forward to another one of your interesting threads and trades outside the box...

Just wait until I drop my pocket nuke and trade Matthews for Suzuki & Slaf, gonna set this place on fire!
Leafsfan98 and dannibalcorpse liked this.
Jun. 11 at 11:01 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: jonh514
Just wait until I drop my pocket nuke and trade Matthews for Suzuki & Slaf, gonna set this place on fire!

Just wait until I spam my "Mitch Marner got traded for this superstar" on July 1st! You thought these MM trades are bad, just wait!
jonh514 liked this.
Jun. 11 at 5:53 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: BigBallsBriere
Bunch of Guys in the Forums over the years

Twitter GC guys especially

NHLFan10506 always had a lot of informative bangers, my favorite being the one comparing IRL Contract results to CapFriendly User predictions

Farabee always agreed with most of your takes involving the Flyers, and considered you levelheaded.

AndrewLadd-- The Forums goat

if anyone would like to contact me this is my twitter https://x.com/FriedgeHNIC

“Dad what was 2018-2021 CF forums AndrewLadd like?”

capsfan2121, BigBallsBriere, Hurricanes_WPG and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 11 at 5:54 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: AndrewLadd
“Dad what was 2018-2021 CF forums AndrewLadd like?”

YouTube video isn’t working now the Washington Capitals will never know what I was gonna post
dannibalcorpse, capsfan2121, BigBallsBriere and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 11 at 9:48 p.m.
we miss leo k
I'll fourth you on OldNYIFan, always was respectful and was objective no matter who they dealt with

I'll second you on mondo and Garak for your reasoning

I'd also like to thank you... The long explanations that make sense, always able to put thought in a respectable manner no matter the conversation... Thank you

truly appreciate that someone was actually enjoying my essays on "Why Oliver Wahlstrom Should Be Shot Into The Sun, and Other Thoughts"
Jun. 12 at 6:57 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Shoutout to @zk97 and @BigBallsBriere (fka ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR) for helping me build my Prospect Discussion Discord Server, as well as being great people to talk hockey with.
Also shoutout to @Z0ra, your mock drafts and rankings are the best on the site, I probably wouldn’t have created my Prospect Discussion server if it weren’t for discovering your rankings and descriptions. Hell, I might’ve not even be interested in the upcoming drafts. Thanks, man.

Man, I’m going to miss CapFriendly.
BigBallsBriere and zk97 liked this.
Jun. 12 at 7:06 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Extra shoutout to @Hobo for his comments on this post that I made when I had just turned 13 and had no idea what I was doing.
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Jun. 20 at 6:54 a.m.
I always appreciate @budgeteam’s trade analyses. Somebody who appreciates the true value of cap space and draft picks and has league-wide knowledge, not just his or her home team (which I believe is the Senators), with minimal bias. Sometimes misses or ignores the fact that one team’s cap dump can be another team’s prize, but overall one of the smartest people on this forum.
budgeteam liked this.
Jun. 20 at 9:49 p.m.
Just wait until I spam my "Mitch Marner got traded for this superstar" on July 1st! You thought these MM trades are bad, just wait!

We should totally spam Ovechkin trades on July 1st…would be so satisfying.

(Use the glitch)
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Jun. 23 at 9:55 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: NHLfan10506

(Use the glitch)

That would be hilarious... The Caps would then think he's a cap dump, like they thought with Kuemper lol
capsfan2121 liked this.
15 hours ago
Quoting: Tintin

Also, huge shoutout to my friends in the Twitter gc.
You know who you are. <3

PS. Anyone please feel free to give me a follow on Twitter if you'd like https://twitter.com/LucidLeprechaun

Quoting: zk97

+ the members in the twitter gc, everyone knows who they are

I'll also take the idea from fellow user Tintin, if anyone wants to stay in touch I'm on twitter - https://twitter.com/zk97__

Quoting: BigBallsBriere
Bunch of Guys in the Forums over the years

Twitter GC guys especially

I browse my private hockey twitter list daily so i'd be willing to join you guys in the twitter group chat

Feel free to add me :
@AYLAERHANHSEYN1

(I happen to use a fake twitter account lol)
capsfan2121 liked this.
10 hours ago

(Use the glitch)

Haha

cc @leafsfan98
Leafsfan98 liked this.
10 hours ago
Leafs going to Leafs

(Use leafsfan98

Best glitch ever
NHLfan10506 liked this.
10 hours ago
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Humbled and honored, Tintin. Nice to have CapFriends.

It’s been a fun ride. I cannot join twitter because of my job, but hopefully we can keep it up somewhere, somehow.

“Rage, rage against the dying of the light”

Quoting: DougieGilmour
You were always fun to talk to. Sorry your team ruined this site but hopefully we will find somewhere else to talk hockey other than hfboards.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Basically the whole season thread gang, especially those during the Covid years

Quoting: oilersguy
I will really miss these forums, this was far and away the best place to discuss hockey on the internet, some of you guys had really interesting and thoughtful posts and some of you guys had funny memes

some users I would like to give shoutout to are

NHLfan10506 your post were always super thought out and interesting especially when you talked about the NCAA

Juiceman EsoYeezus69 you guys had funny memes

A_Habs_fan zk97 mondo OldNYIfan jonh514 Leafsfan98 NorthernLeafsFan05 Saskleaf capsfan2121 aadoyle Tintin Canesfan21 IconicHawk Rangsey yikes JustaBoss- you guys where chill
there is probably a bunch more im forgetting

It was mentioned on another thread, but there is a place with similar forums called RealGM Hockey. There’s a bunch of boards there, not many posters, and could be the CapFriendly replacement. Here’s the thread I’m talking about: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/850692/1
NHLfan10506 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll