Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,700,000$70,267,917$1,022,500$5,807,500$17,432,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
Catton, Berkly
$950,000$950,000
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$853,333$853,333 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$886,667$886,667
RW, C
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Parekh, Zayne
$950,000$950,000
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD/RD
RFA
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 20 at 2:40 p.m.
Bcarlo25
you're not getting that from pitt
May 20 at 2:46 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
you're not getting that from pitt

you referring to the pick that is being sent back to the habs from the sharks? lol
either way Mailloux isnt one of the dman they should be looking to move this season. Should be one of harris or barron or both
Caufield liked this.
May 20 at 2:48 p.m.
there would likely be one RHD available at 14, so why do the sharks make the trade?
May 20 at 2:50 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
you referring to the pick that is being sent back to the habs from the sharks? lol
either way Mailloux isnt one of the dman they should be looking to move this season. Should be one of harris or barron or both

or the sharks! or anyone in the league. mailloux isn't getting that kind of return.
May 20 at 2:53 p.m.
Sharks can get a better D prospect without the history of Mailloux with that pick
Bias_it_self liked this.
May 20 at 2:53 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Seiched
there would likely be one RHD available at 14, so why do the sharks make the trade?

Realistically who? Jiricek, Elick? Taking Mailloux 8 days out of 7 over those 2. Buium, Yak are 95% certain that they are gone. Trade only makes sense if MTL wants to trade Mailloux for a forward, which I don't think is the intention. As for SJ, depends on if they just wanna take a forward, which might be their best bet at 14 honestly, and go all out on D next year.
May 20 at 3:03 p.m.
Catton is not making it to 14th
May 20 at 3:17 p.m.
Quoting: habs_need_Scoring

you're all sorts of correct
i like mailloux and what he brings will fit right in,
the players identified are indeed surplus, and i'd add struble to that list to reinforce that the sherrif stays,
not only that but your name is spot on.
May 20 at 3:20 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Bcarlo25
or the sharks! or anyone in the league. mailloux isn't getting that kind of return.

You lost the right to be taken seriously on this post after you chose not to read what you were commenting on.
Most people would show some humility or drop it, but not you , right?

Bad trades arent an excuse for ignorance.
Compounding negatives rarely leads to a positive effect in life.
May 20 at 3:28 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: Seiched

Who? Jiricek? Mews? Parehk and Yak are 1000% gone before 14
May 20 at 3:30 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Caufield
Realistically who? Jiricek, Elick? Taking Mailloux 8 days out of 7 over those 2. Buium, Yak are 95% certain that they are gone. Trade only makes sense if MTL wants to trade Mailloux for a forward, which I don't think is the intention. As for SJ, depends on if they just wanna take a forward, which might be their best bet at 14 honestly, and go all out on D next year.

Silayev is a LD that plays RD exclusively , actually on Captain Konyskin's team behind our Top Russian 22 year old Prospect
Levushunov is going top 5 for sure so Silayev lasts to 7th or 8th tops.
Yakemchuk is Alexi Emelin 2.0 with Predatory hits and asswhoppings for laying them so he'll be available as there's actual skilled players left on the board.
Its why D rankings from all sources ranking Russians or Canadians or Americans higher in their top 5 but Yakemchuk is listed top 5 on many of their lists consistently.
The only one ranked more consistently is Levshunov as #1 D in the draft followed by Yakemchuk at #5

Buuium jumping up in the top 5 was a shocked as Mid season he was a 6th-7th guy tops for D prospects
But he finished by Beating out Hutsons NCAA Scoring record by 1 point in i think 4 more games as he captured a title and it put him over it seems at Parehk expense.
Dickinson is a Monster of a Man who's playing hockey still as he competes for a Memorial Cup Title playing 25+ minutes a night as a 17 year old who's arguably the Best Dman all around in Canada

There's so many options for D and the Left handers are better then the Right handers outside Levushnov
Its a pretty big gap in skill too between Lefty's and Righty's top 5 guys

Point im trying to make is Mailloux's better then any option not called Levshunov in this draft who's a Right handed Right D
That said Mailloux isnt getting that pick for the same reason by proxy as Forwards who should be top 10 are going to fall to that position as Newtons 3rd Law demands.
While i wouldnt Trade Mailloux at all i can say if i did that it would take more given i could land Eiserman there after he just broke Caufields Goal Scoring record i believe i heard.

TBH im not sure anyone 1 lone defensman we own gets us that pick this year given the market and the draft depth, but if he did it would be Guhle or Matheson
May 20 at 3:32 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy

Do you top 15 so we can see in Context how everyone is suppose to be gone before 14th
May 20 at 3:40 p.m.
Habswest
I’d be fine adding more and also would much rather flip Matheson who could definitely get us a similar pick (definitely not from sj though obviously).

But having Parekh and Reinbacher in this scenario makes Mailloux 100% expendable even if it’s part of a bigger package.
May 20 at 3:49 p.m.

Quoting: Billy316
Do you top 15 so we can see in Context how everyone is suppose to be gone before 14th

Mews will certainly not go in the top 13. He will be there around 20 and beyond. They could absoutlely get Mews or Jiricek, Jiricek I could see going in the top 20 but its going to be in the teens.

Not only that but some have Yakemchuk slipping past 15th
May 20 at 4:02 p.m.
Bcarlo25
You lost the right to be taken seriously on this post after you chose not to read what you were commenting on.
Most people would show some humility or drop it, but not you , right?

Bad trades arent an excuse for ignorance.
Compounding negatives rarely leads to a positive effect in life.

lol you can't be serious.
May 20 at 4:37 p.m.
Phase 3 Is Profit
A first for Mailloux just smells like trolling to me. Wouldn't want him even if he was picked up off waivers.
May 20 at 4:37 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton

Celebrini
Demidov
Lev
Silayev
Lindstrom
Igilna
Parhek
Catton
Buuim
Eiserman
Yak
Dickinson
Sennecke
Helenius
MBN
May 20 at 4:46 p.m.
Habswest
Quoting: kohnsharkosz
A first for Mailloux just smells like trolling to me. Wouldn't want him even if he was picked up off waivers.

Lmao he’s a legitimate top 4 RHD
May 20 at 4:53 p.m.
Phase 3 Is Profit
Quoting: westcoasthabslifer
Lmao he’s a legitimate top 4 RHD

Don't care if he's the Queen of The Nile, don't want him on our team. Is that hard to understand, or should I SEND YOU A PICTURE?
May 20 at 4:59 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Celebrini
Demidov
Lev
Silayev
Lindstrom
Igilna
Parhek
Catton
Buuim
Eiserman
Yak
Dickinson
Sennecke
Helenius
MBN

So how Buium and Dickinson are top guys in their country basically
While Parehk is sitting out Dickinsons playing 25+ in a Memorial cup after winning his league title.
Buium just broke Hutson's NCAA scoring record he set last year by 1 point in 4 more games while winning a NCAA title as the top guy

Half your list was out golfing when real hockey started or was too injured to play
Your top 15 are all top 15 though i give you that
But it ignores organizational needs for all but like MTL really .
May 20 at 5:03 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: kohnsharkosz

Nope ,just some fans high on his All Star Status as a Rookie in the AHL
Personally i see him as the perfect partner for Xhekaj long term as they dont need 22+ mins to make an impact playing their style
But if you need them to play top pair minutes they'd both be capable.

Plus a 6'4 and 6'3 pairing who have great chemistry and lead a bottom feeding team to a 12-2-3 run until Xhekaj was recalled (then they began losing again)
Mailloux isnt worth trading from MTL's POV after all they crap they took to develop him , they want to be part of his success story and will sell many others first.

Its just some of our Fans are projecting his worth based on what his value could or might be in 3-4 years time when he's established.
They see us doing it with Reinbacher and think that because Mailloux played better then Reinbacher last year that somehow that means he's equal to him despite being older.
May 20 at 6:11 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
So how Buium and Dickinson are top guys in their country basically
While Parehk is sitting out Dickinsons playing 25+ in a Memorial cup after winning his league title.
Buium just broke Hutson's NCAA scoring record he set last year by 1 point in 4 more games while winning a NCAA title as the top guy

Half your list was out golfing when real hockey started or was too injured to play
Your top 15 are all top 15 though i give you that
But it ignores organizational needs for all but like MTL really .

On the contrary, I think it takes into account the need for each team.
Chicago gets a winger for Bedard
Anaheim the RD they want
Columbus and Silayev have been linked multiple times
Lindstrom is the logical pick for Montreal
Utah gets a big forward, and the son of a hockey legend to market their new team
Ottawa gets a RD
Seattle goes BPA
Calgary goes BPA too
New Jersey gets a sniper with high risk high reward (unless they trade the pick for a goalie)
Buffalo gets a RD
Philly goes BPA (could also be Sennecke)
Minny goes for a big forward to shield Rossi and Kaprisov
San Jose goes BPA
Wings goes BPA and Yzerman type guy
May 20 at 11:34 p.m.
Sharks not trading for sex offender with the 14th overall or at all. the fan base would not stand for it
May 21 at 9:27 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Edited May 21 at 9:35 a.m.
On the contrary, I think it takes into account the need for each team.
Chicago gets a winger for Bedard
Anaheim the RD they want
Columbus and Silayev have been linked multiple times
Lindstrom is the logical pick for Montreal
Utah gets a big forward, and the son of a hockey legend to market their new team
Ottawa gets a RD
Seattle goes BPA
Calgary goes BPA too
New Jersey gets a sniper with high risk high reward (unless they trade the pick for a goalie)
Buffalo gets a RD
Philly goes BPA (could also be Sennecke)
Minny goes for a big forward to shield Rossi and Kaprisov
San Jose goes BPA
Wings goes BPA and Yzerman type guy

This whole thing is a BS smokescreen cauyse you want Lindstrom for MTL , and i get it as i do as well.
It aint gonna happen as in no context does a Russian in this political climate under Contract with the KHL have a top 3 pick wasted on him.
A Belarussian with no contract already here and top 3 in the USA's system as a Rookie , sure but a Russian? Nope.

I've seen some dang good Russians fall in the Draft cause they're Russian and Contracted , Even Michkov who before the ban on Russians beat Bedard head to head at the WJC. He was a legit threat to be the first Russian really since what Ovi,Malkin and Yakipuv to go top 3 in a Draft since 2000? O wait Kovalchuk too but yeah VERY VERY RARE a Russian goes top 3. Even more rare they do they choose someone Nail Yakupuvs size top 3 and for good reason as 3/4 that became iconic really were all over 6ft and closer to or over 200lbs.

I listen to Other Teams Fans
CHI has Wingers and can sign Wingers is all you ever here if you try trading them a winger.
While LD have developed for CHI RD have not hence signing Jones which backfired

You see a Fix is needed or a hole
But you dont look at the team in Context ,not the way Fans do
You dont see who is going to be there short and long term
Therefore you cant see the Priority of whats needed and where.

Demidov is still good , but not on Mickov's level hence them refusing to let them play head to head in the same league.
Instead someone bigger and apparently more skilled then Michkov has been sheltered unlike Silayev or Levshunov who as Dmen at 17 were further along developmentally ready for the next step along with Chernyskov who started in Russian Junior and did so well that about 2 weeks after Demidov was demoted from KHL to their AHL to their Junior leagues, that Chernyskov was on the rise to the KHL and eventually deep into the playoffs as a 17 year old rookie.

Demidov's a Great Gamble at 6th-10th OA but that'd be it for the 3rd best russian/belarussian this draft
But no one's risking a top 3 pick on Demidov given he started in the KHL and only Declined while 35 other 17 year old did fine for the most part in the KHL with more making an impact at their version of the AHL rather then being demoted from both like Demidov which is not common. Usually if you're that young and cant hack it in the KHL its back to Junior not a test run in the VHL, its weird. Factor in he's Contracted to the KHL which guarantee's a drop as all Russians who are contracted do as a rule in the NHL without exceptions in 20 years and even Nail Yakupuv refused to re-sign before the draft to ensure it didnt hamper his chances at 1st OA which he was Egotistically driven to reach.

So Demidov going top 3 is one of those 'only ever been bad ' situation for the team that takes him.
TBH half of all Russians taken top 10 dont hack it in the NHL and return to the KHL gladly largely cause people dont realize that Russian and Canadian Junior go through Cycles. While we build up our players for NHL Markets or bust basically, the Russians promote everything as natural Progression where NHL shots are earned usually through play internationally for them. Taking away their right to play defies why the Olympics had these events to begin with to unite people in times of chaos and show them how much we share in common rather then focus on the divide. Its had a serious effect on Russians ability to produce Next Level Players by 18 like with Kovlachuk,Malkin , Ovi ,ext. They need until they're 22-24 in many cases now to develop ito true studs depending on how early they come to USA/Canada to train that timeline can be expedited but 18 and 19 year old Russian Phenom days are long past gone due to Russians instability at home and ongoing wars. WOKE police are crushing Democracy by Targeting countries like Russian, Belarus and others, its a slippery slope.

Personally i like Levushunov but the guys who's usually closest to right on top 10's years in Bob Mckenzie is saying that despite Silayevs horrible finish to the year where his lack of Conditioning showed that at 6'7 as a Lefty who plays RD, that CHI is willing to wait and invest in him hoping he's a Chara or a Hedman not just a Jack Finley or Bruce Graham in these huge oversized guys who dont work out.
I think the consensus among all Analysts seems to be CHI taking a RD.

Celebrini,Levshunov and Lindstrom are most likely landing top 3 and not changing this 20 year trend.
IF Demidov , and Silayev werent contracted then maybe like the Belarussian Levshunov they'd have made steps towards ensuring they go top 3 as he did coming to US's NCAA system and finishing top 3 best Dman behind only really Buium and Hutson who all had a show down with each other in the battle of the Frozen Four

Top 3 going 3/5 for Russian/Belarussian's would be a feat never seen in this Millennium and would mean GM's no longer take KHL Contracts as seriously as they once did. Which is quite the opposite of what im hearing given its Wartime and Russia's made no issue with Drafting players to fight making GM's Nervous even more then usual. If Russia pulls off what you're suggesting it'll be a once in a life time situation as the closest they ever got was Ovi 1st, Malkin 2nd and Radulov 15th OA and all had size/skill both not either or

eliteprospects.com/draft/nhl-entry-draft/nation/rus
May 21 at 5:21 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
This whole thing is a BS smokescreen cauyse you want Lindstrom for MTL , and i get it as i do as well.
It aint gonna happen as in no context does a Russian in this political climate under Contract with the KHL have a top 3 pick wasted on him.
A Belarussian with no contract already here and top 3 in the USA's system as a Rookie , sure but a Russian? Nope.

I've seen some dang good Russians fall in the Draft cause they're Russian and Contracted , Even Michkov who before the ban on Russians beat Bedard head to head at the WJC. He was a legit threat to be the first Russian really since what Ovi,Malkin and Yakipuv to go top 3 in a Draft since 2000? O wait Kovalchuk too but yeah VERY VERY RARE a Russian goes top 3. Even more rare they do they choose someone Nail Yakupuvs size top 3 and for good reason as 3/4 that became iconic really were all over 6ft and closer to or over 200lbs.

I listen to Other Teams Fans
CHI has Wingers and can sign Wingers is all you ever here if you try trading them a winger.
While LD have developed for CHI RD have not hence signing Jones which backfired

You see a Fix is needed or a hole
But you dont look at the team in Context ,not the way Fans do
You dont see who is going to be there short and long term
Therefore you cant see the Priority of whats needed and where.

Demidov is still good , but not on Mickov's level hence them refusing to let them play head to head in the same league.
Instead someone bigger and apparently more skilled then Michkov has been sheltered unlike Silayev or Levshunov who as Dmen at 17 were further along developmentally ready for the next step along with Chernyskov who started in Russian Junior and did so well that about 2 weeks after Demidov was demoted from KHL to their AHL to their Junior leagues, that Chernyskov was on the rise to the KHL and eventually deep into the playoffs as a 17 year old rookie.

Demidov's a Great Gamble at 6th-10th OA but that'd be it for the 3rd best russian/belarussian this draft
But no one's risking a top 3 pick on Demidov given he started in the KHL and only Declined while 35 other 17 year old did fine for the most part in the KHL with more making an impact at their version of the AHL rather then being demoted from both like Demidov which is not common. Usually if you're that young and cant hack it in the KHL its back to Junior not a test run in the VHL, its weird. Factor in he's Contracted to the KHL which guarantee's a drop as all Russians who are contracted do as a rule in the NHL without exceptions in 20 years and even Nail Yakupuv refused to re-sign before the draft to ensure it didnt hamper his chances at 1st OA which he was Egotistically driven to reach.

So Demidov going top 3 is one of those 'only ever been bad ' situation for the team that takes him.
TBH half of all Russians taken top 10 dont hack it in the NHL and return to the KHL gladly largely cause people dont realize that Russian and Canadian Junior go through Cycles. While we build up our players for NHL Markets or bust basically, the Russians promote everything as natural Progression where NHL shots are earned usually through play internationally for them. Taking away their right to play defies why the Olympics had these events to begin with to unite people in times of chaos and show them how much we share in common rather then focus on the divide. Its had a serious effect on Russians ability to produce Next Level Players by 18 like with Kovlachuk,Malkin , Ovi ,ext. They need until they're 22-24 in many cases now to develop ito true studs depending on how early they come to USA/Canada to train that timeline can be expedited but 18 and 19 year old Russian Phenom days are long past gone due to Russians instability at home and ongoing wars. WOKE police are crushing Democracy by Targeting countries like Russian, Belarus and others, its a slippery slope.

Personally i like Levushunov but the guys who's usually closest to right on top 10's years in Bob Mckenzie is saying that despite Silayevs horrible finish to the year where his lack of Conditioning showed that at 6'7 as a Lefty who plays RD, that CHI is willing to wait and invest in him hoping he's a Chara or a Hedman not just a Jack Finley or Bruce Graham in these huge oversized guys who dont work out.
I think the consensus among all Analysts seems to be CHI taking a RD.

Celebrini,Levshunov and Lindstrom are most likely landing top 3 and not changing this 20 year trend.
IF Demidov , and Silayev werent contracted then maybe like the Belarussian Levshunov they'd have made steps towards ensuring they go top 3 as he did coming to US's NCAA system and finishing top 3 best Dman behind only really Buium and Hutson who all had a show down with each other in the battle of the Frozen Four

Top 3 going 3/5 for Russian/Belarussian's would be a feat never seen in this Millennium and would mean GM's no longer take KHL Contracts as seriously as they once did. Which is quite the opposite of what im hearing given its Wartime and Russia's made no issue with Drafting players to fight making GM's Nervous even more then usual. If Russia pulls off what you're suggesting it'll be a once in a life time situation as the closest they ever got was Ovi 1st, Malkin 2nd and Radulov 15th OA and all had size/skill both not either or

eliteprospects.com/draft/nhl-entry-draft/nation/rus

I also think Chicago should take Levshunov or Parehk but I knew that everyone would whine if I had him at 5

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll