Forums/Armchair-GM

ANA fans I have a proposition

Created by: MTLaveragefan
Team: 2024-25 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 27, 2024
Published: Jun. 27, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I've had that Convo before, but lets have it again at D-1.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Demidov, Ivan
3$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2024 1st round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
3rd OVR - If Verbeek is set for a Dman... He knows it will be available at 5 as MTL will pick one of Demidov or Lindstrom

And CBJ will likely pick a Forward too.

So If Verbeek gets the chance to pick up a haul of assets to pick the same dude anyway - I'm pretty sure he jumps on the occasion
ANA
  1. Barron, Justin [RFA Rights]
  2. Mesar, Filip
  3. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
  4. 2025 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
5th OVR swap

IMO, this is an overpay.
MTL
    Bringing you into the conversation - You think Waddel is going to pick a Dman or a forward?
    CBJ
    CBJ
    1. Dvorak, Christian
    2. Farrell, Sean
    3. 2024 3rd round pick (MTL)
    4. 2025 2nd round pick (MTL)
    5. 2025 2nd round pick (PIT)
    Additional Details:
    Montreal 2025 2nd round pick is conditionnal to Laine's performance. If he goes below 25 goals - then it becomes a 2025 3rd round pick.
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$88,000,000$76,621,250$1,022,500$4,670,000$11,378,750
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 7
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    Demidov, Ivan
    $950,000$950,000
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $3,362,500$3,362,500
    C, RW
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C, RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 3
    $835,000$835,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $812,500$812,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,150,000$3,150,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $890,000$890,000
    G
    RFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD/RD
    RFA
    $766,667$766,667
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 27 at 10:06 a.m.
    Lenny7
    It'd obviously be foolish for Anaheim to turn this down.

I'm not convinced that CLB takes a forward though. Regardless, it's not going to shock me to see Demidov available at 5 anyway.
    OldNYIfan and GeneralLandro liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 10:08 a.m.
    Rebuiiiiiiiiiiiiild
    Massive overpay to be honest. Even Chicago probably accepts this. This could set the franchise back for years if the habs don't hit on that 3OA.
    squashmaple liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 10:10 a.m.
    not a he )
    Columbus has focused almost entirely on forwards, which also makes sense because the org's current top two prospects besides Fantilli are defensemen. They've taken forwards Sennecke, Lindstrom, and Demidov out for dinner, but the only defenseman they've done that with is Buium. There were rumors of sniffing around Silayev as well, but that only came from a general report and nothing from CBJ sources. FWIW, Grant McCagg says the chatter is that Columbus is pretty set on Lindstrom.

The Ducks would be foolish to turn that down.
    OldNYIfan and benjgc liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 10:21 a.m.
    Rebuiiiiiiiiiiiiild
    Quoting: squashmaple
    Columbus has focused almost entirely on forwards, which also makes sense because the org's current top two prospects besides Fantilli are defensemen. They've taken forwards Sennecke, Lindstrom, and Demidov out for dinner, but the only defenseman they've done that with is Buium. There were rumors of sniffing around Silayev as well, but that only came from a general report and nothing from CBJ sources. FWIW, Grant McCagg says the chatter is that Columbus is pretty set on Lindstrom.

The Ducks would be foolish to turn that down.

Worse case (and tbh, likely) scenario for the habs is Lev/Demidov/Lindstrom all gone in the picks 2 to 4. I'm 99% sure Ana-Chi will split Demidov/Lev so CBJ should have a free shot at Lindstrom. So CBJ spoke with Sennecke but not Iginla? You have to think the habs are ending up with Buium at this point.

1. Celebrini
    2. Levshunov
    3. Demidov
    4. Lindstrom
    5. Biuium

That's my bet for tomorrow,
    FarhanLuigi liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 10:44 a.m.
    not a he )
    Quoting: Ahro
    Worse case (and tbh, likely) scenario for the habs is Lev/Demidov/Lindstrom all gone in the picks 2 to 4. I'm 99% sure Ana-Chi will split Demidov/Lev so CBJ should have a free shot at Lindstrom. So CBJ spoke with Sennecke but not Iginla? You have to think the habs are ending up with Buium at this point.

1. Celebrini
    2. Levshunov
    3. Demidov
    4. Lindstrom
    5. Biuium

Despite being a part-time Ducks fan, I can't make heads or tails of what they might do. They're the wildcard of the top five. If Chicago takes anyone other than Levshunov, Anaheim takes him; if Chicago takes Levshunov, I don't know what Anaheim does. They like big guys who can skate, usually, but how do you pass on Demidov if he's there?

I don't recall any CBJ/Iginla rumors, but perhaps I just dismissed them. Sennecke sticks out because he's generally ranked in the 10-15 range so it was surprising to see a team with 4OA and no picks til the third round (assuming they don't keep the conditional 2nd from the Philly trade) talking to him, but he also had a very intriguing end to his season, and we all know Timmins loves a big boy.
    Ahro and MTLaveragefan liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 10:48 a.m.
    Ducks accept. I think they'll be happy with anyone, so to trade down and pick up assets and still get a guy they want, no brainer. They get an RHD and can still nab a top 3 RW.
    MTLaveragefan liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 11:01 a.m.
    Rebuiiiiiiiiiiiiild
    Quoting: squashmaple
    Despite being a part-time Ducks fan, I can't make heads or tails of what they might do. They're the wildcard of the top five. If Chicago takes anyone other than Levshunov, Anaheim takes him; if Chicago takes Levshunov, I don't know what Anaheim does. They like big guys who can skate, usually, but how do you pass on Demidov if he's there?

I don't recall any CBJ/Iginla rumors, but perhaps I just dismissed them. Sennecke sticks out because he's generally ranked in the 10-15 range so it was surprising to see a team with 4OA and no picks til the third round (assuming they don't keep the conditional 2nd from the Philly trade) talking to him, but he also had a very intriguing end to his season, and we all know Timmins loves a big boy.

We've also been linked to Sennecke. One of our most well respected reported mentioned a few weeks back that Habs fans should be prepared for the possibility of him being taken at 5 by the Habs. Lots of chatter about him being taken much earlier than expected!
    Jun. 27 at 11:08 a.m.
    3 for 5 and 26 and throw in Kovacevic would be fine

That’s if we are wanting to trade down
    Jun. 27 at 11:12 a.m.
    not a he )
    We've also been linked to Sennecke. One of our most well respected reported mentioned a few weeks back that Habs fans should be prepared for the possibility of him being taken at 5 by the Habs. Lots of chatter about him being taken much earlier than expected!

I've really liked the video of him that I've seen. I honestly might even prefer him to Lindstrom (the back makes me nervous). I hope all of us get the player that fits best, because I'm tired of these same five teams being the worst in the league.
    Ahro and MTLaveragefan liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 11:55 a.m.
    I post sometimes
    Quoting: GeneralLandro

Would you take CGY'S first instead of WPG's first?
    Jun. 27 at 11:56 a.m.
    The trade would only need to be made once we know who Chicago takes. If they take Levshunov, the Habs are likely to get one of Lindstrom or Demidov @5 anyway. The only issue is if Chi takes Demidov, than there is a decent chance CLB takes Lindstrom leaving MTL with probably having to take the best Dman available as the BPA. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

I know it may be worth to move up for Demidov but I still think the Habs should just be patient and draft whoever they think is BPA at 5. Last year was the year to throw the entire prospect pool at moving up. This year, I think whoever they get at 5 will be a legit top player as is. Like better than Reinbacher good.
    MTLaveragefan and FarhanLuigi liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 11:56 a.m.
    I post sometimes
    Quoting: GeneralLandro

that is a big IF - but would make a lot of sense depending on ANA's draft list and wants.
    GeneralLandro liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 11:57 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Lenny7
    It'd obviously be foolish for Anaheim to turn this down.

I'm not convinced that CLB takes a forward though. Regardless, it's not going to shock me to see Demidov available at 5 anyway.

Hughes aint offering the world for the idea of moving up. They'll take their guy, that's that. These trades never happen
    Jun. 27 at 12:01 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: F50marco
    The trade would only need to be made once we know who Chicago takes. If they take Levshunov, the Habs are likely to get one of Lindstrom or Demidov 5 anyway. The only issue is if Chi takes Demidov, than there is a decent chance CLB takes Lindstrom leaving MTL with probably having to take the best Dman available as the BPA. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

I know it may be worth to move up for Demidov but I still think the Habs should just be patient and draft whoever they think is BPA at 5. Last year was the year to throw the entire prospect pool at moving up. This year, I think whoever they get at 5 will be a legit top player as is. Like better than Reinbacher good.

Buium or Catton or Iginla or Sennecke. Demidov aint a saviour. Marginal at best upgrade that tops out at PPG player
    Jun. 27 at 12:02 p.m.
    I post sometimes
    The trade would only need to be made once we know who Chicago takes. If they take Levshunov, the Habs are likely to get one of Lindstrom or Demidov 5 anyway. The only issue is if Chi takes Demidov, than there is a decent chance CLB takes Lindstrom leaving MTL with probably having to take the best Dman available as the BPA. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

Yeah - it would definately have to wait for CHI - they are likely to destroy most Mock drafts ahaha.

And I agree that it would seem odd for KH to throw the farm at Demidov when Michkov was *right* there last year.

However, habs are in need of Quality top pair players or a real superstars... and Demidov looks like that guy, while the forward left at 5 will be great - but won't be superstars. There are only so many roster spots for top 6 players anyway. So Mesar and a 1st are expendable IMO.

(PS: as a mod, do you have any inside info on the future of AGM? Will it survive Capfriendy in a way?)
    Jun. 27 at 12:04 p.m.
    Banned

1. Celebrini
    2. Levshunov
    3. Demidov
    4. Lindstrom
    5. Biuium

Buium probably blows them all out of the water but 1. Kid looks, talks and acts like a star.
    Jun. 27 at 12:05 p.m.
    Quoting: FarhanLuigi
    Buium or Catton or Iginla or Sennecke. Demidov aint a saviour. Marginal at best upgrade that tops out at PPG player

Don't think he is just marginally better but don't think he is a savior neither. He's one of the only few locks to be a PPG type player in this draft. The one thing the Habs are in most need of. But points aren't everything so.
    Jun. 27 at 12:07 p.m.
    Quoting: MTLaveragefan
    Yeah - it would definately have to wait for CHI - they are likely to destroy most Mock drafts ahaha.

And I agree that it would seem odd for KH to throw the farm at Demidov when Michkov was *right* there last year.

However, habs are in need of Quality top pair players or a real superstars... and Demidov looks like that guy, while the forward left at 5 will be great - but won't be superstars. There are only so many roster spots for top 6 players anyway. So Mesar and a 1st are expendable IMO.

(PS: as a mod, do you have any inside info on the future of AGM? Will it survive Capfriendy in a way?)

For sure but my point was only that we might simply get him anyway at 5 so why risk it?

As for the CF question, no we don't know anything the rest of the public doesn't already. Pretty sure they're not even allowed to talk about it with anyone until its in the Caps hands officially.
    Jun. 27 at 12:10 p.m.
    Banned
    Don't think he is just marginally better but don't think he is a savior neither. He's one of the only few locks to be a PPG type player in this draft. The one thing the Habs are in most need of. But points aren't everything so.

I barely noticed the wingers in the last 2 rounds outside maybe Hyman. McDavid, Bouchard, Barkov, Forsling, Heiskanen. Those were the play drivers

Panarin, Tkachuk, RNH, Robertson were non factors. Buium absolutely dominated and put Celebrini in check during the NCAA semis
    Jun. 27 at 1:37 p.m.
    I post sometimes
    For sure but my point was only that we might simply get him anyway at 5 so why risk it?

As for the CF question, no we don't know anything the rest of the public doesn't already. Pretty sure they're not even allowed to talk about it with anyone until its in the Caps hands officially.

True - If CHI doesn't take him and ANA doesn't want him (if they do, they won't do the trade) -that leaves Lindstrom or Demivod for CBJ and MTL - I'd be happy with one or the other.

The curve ball is CHI taking Demidov - then it's unlikely that Lindstrom falls to 5.

Damn - I'm really going to miss this website!
    F50marco liked this.
    Jun. 27 at 1:40 p.m.
    I post sometimes
    Quoting: FarhanLuigi
    I barely noticed the wingers in the last 2 rounds outside maybe Hyman. McDavid, Bouchard, Barkov, Forsling, Heiskanen. Those were the play drivers

Panarin, Tkachuk, RNH, Robertson were non factors. Buium absolutely dominated and put Celebrini in check during the NCAA semis

Oh a Dcore of

Buium - Reinbacher
    Hutson - Guhle
    Xhekaj - Mailloux

Could be very HOT - but I think getting a true PPG player is the real NEED for once - I haven't seen one in MTL in almost 20 years.
    Jun. 28 at 9:00 p.m.
    I post sometimes

Thinks worked out finally smilecheers
    F50marco liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll