Everyone be wanting Brady but no one wants to give up anything for him

Created by: AlTintin1122
Team: 2023-24 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 16, 2024
Published: Apr. 16, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
OTT
    Not for sale anywhere unless you start with a future surefire top liner/ top pair RD between the ages of 18 and 21 or a super high pick
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$83,500,000$65,278,332$0$1,932,500$18,221,668
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $8,350,000$8,350,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $870,000$870,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $835,000$835,000
    C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $4,975,000$4,975,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    C
    RFA - 3
    $838,333$838,333
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $758,333$758,333
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    LW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 1
    $805,000$805,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $7,950,000$7,950,000
    C
    UFA - 7

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 16 at 7:00 p.m.
    Here's Holtz and a top 10 protected 2025 pick!!!
    Apr. 16 at 7:01 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
    Here's Holtz and a top 10 protected 2025 pick!!!

OMG I ACCEPT. INSANE RETURN. WOOOOOWWWWW
    Apr. 16 at 7:23 p.m.
    I had a Sens fan earlier tell me it would cost the Canucks Demko + Hronek + Lekkerimaki + Willander + a 1st

Sens fans seem to think Brady is a superstar who’s a top 10 player in the league when in reality he’s a good but not elite 1st liner who’s a fringe PPG guy and bad defensively. He’d get a very good return in a trade yes but not as much as some Sens fans are demanding
    Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:24 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    Quoting: mv21227
    I had a Sens fan earlier tell me it would cost the Canucks Demko + Hronek + Lekkerimaki + Willander + a 1st

Sens fans seem to think Brady is a superstar who’s a top 10 player in the league when in reality he’s a good but not elite 1st liner who’s a fringe PPG guy and bad defensively. He’d get a very good return in a trade yes but not as much as some Sens fans are demanding

He’s not available and he has term so automatically you’d have to overpay .
    Apr. 16 at 7:28 p.m.
    Quoting: AlTintin1122
    He’s not available and he has term so automatically you’d have to overpay .

Yes a team would have to overpay to get him, but what that Sens can told me earlier was absurd

I’ve also seen Sens fans ask for a package starting with Dobson, Faber, or Nemec which is pretty ridiculous

The Eichel deal is probably the best comparable imo. Some differences there (Eichel is a C and a better player, but also needed neck surgery. Ignoring the trade request as I assume the only way Brady gets moved is if he asks for a trade)
    Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:48 p.m.
    Yes a team would have to overpay to get him, but what that Sens can told me earlier was absurd

I’ve also seen Sens fans ask for a package starting with Dobson, Faber, or Nemec which is pretty ridiculous

The Eichel deal is probably the best comparable imo. Some differences there (Eichel is a C and a better player, but also needed neck surgery. Ignoring the trade request as I assume the only way Brady gets moved is if he asks for a trade)

This made up scenario everyone is exploring revolves around the idea of teams going to Ottawa and asking for Brady. Brady's not asking for a trade. Eichel trade cant be used as a comparable at all, he not only asked for a trade but forced his way to Vegas while going rogue and against team doctors (good for him, it worked) for a largely unproven surgery that couldve left him paralyzed......

Willander, Lekkerimaki and a late 1st would be a legitimate offer. Hronek and Demko is just being greedy. But if teams dont want to move Dobson, Faber or Nemec then why would Ottawa be motivated to move Brady? You have to give to get or Ottawa just hangs the phone up.
    Apr. 16 at 7:51 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122

Nah the biggest difference is the circumstances . Eichel trade is absolutely not a comparable. The Sens do not move Brady unless they get a piece with top line or top pair RD potential. Pieces like Mercer are not that
    Andy_Dick liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:52 p.m.
    Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
    This made up scenario everyone is exploring revolves around the idea of teams going to Ottawa and asking for Brady. Brady's not asking for a trade. Eichel trade cant be used as a comparable at all, he not only asked for a trade but forced his way to Vegas while going rogue and against team doctors (good for him, it worked) for a largely unproven surgery that couldve left him paralyzed......

Willander, Lekkerimaki and a late 1st would be a legitimate offer. Hronek and Demko is just being greedy. But if teams dont want to move Dobson, Faber or Nemec then why would Ottawa be motivated to move Brady? You have to give to get or Ottawa just hangs the phone up.

If the Canucks were to trade two very good-elite prospects in Lekkerimaki and Willander PLUS a 1st it would be to acquire a superstar player
    Apr. 16 at 7:53 p.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    Quoting: TheBoyDuddus

Teams wouldn't. Nobody is looking to massively shake up their core and overpay for Tkachuk.

If he requests a trade, he would fetch a package similar to eichel.

If he does not request a trade, no GM will waste their time trying to negotiate for Tkachuk. It's a waste of the GMs time, and you risk it getting out to the media and upsetting some of your most valuable assets.
    Leafsfan98 liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:54 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    If the Canucks were to trade two very good-elite prospects in Lekkerimaki and Willander PLUS a 1st it would be to acquire a superstar player

The Sens have 0 reasons to move Brady Tkachuk . If he asks out and holds out then that’s different .

But why the heck would the Sens move Brady for a younger player with 2nd line potential , a 1st and a 2nd?

Like the only way the Sens move Brady is if they get a guy who is or will be a top pair RD or a 1st line winger and is younger than Brady
    CaseyFlyman liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:55 p.m.
    Nah the biggest difference is the circumstances . Eichel trade is absolutely not a comparable. The Sens do not move Brady unless they get a piece with top line or top pair RD potential. Pieces like Mercer are not that

1 for 1 trades like that rarely happen. One comparable for that would be Hall to NJ which was straight up for Adam Larsson. Although there is Chiarelli tax on that one

There’s no great comparable for a Brady trade under current circumstances though. Eichel, Hall to NJ, and ADB to Ottawa are probably the best comparables out there that I can think of. I could easily be forgetting others though
    dgibb10 liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:56 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    Quoting: dgibb10
    Teams wouldn't. Nobody is looking to massively shake up their core and overpay for Tkachuk.

If he does not request a trade, no GM will waste their time trying to negotiate for Tkachuk. It's a waste of the GMs time, and you risk it getting out to the media and upsetting some of your most valuable assets.

Exactly . It doesn’t make sense for anyone to overpay for Brady unless they feel he’s the missing piece to their team.

And the Sens are not moving Brady for a guy who won’t be half as good even if a 1st is included and lower quality pieces
    Apr. 16 at 7:57 p.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    1 for 1 trades like that rarely happen. One comparable for that would be Hall to NJ which was straight up for Adam Larsson. Although there is Chiarelli tax on that one

There’s no great comparable for a Brady trade under current circumstances though. Eichel, Hall to NJ, and ADB to Ottawa are probably the best comparables out there that I can think of. I could easily be forgetting others though

You could look to Matthew Tkachuk if ottawa wants rentals.

For example:

Aaron Ekblad+Carter Verhaeghe for Brady Tkachuk (no 1st and prospect because brady tkachuk is significantly less valuable than Matthew)
    Al-Tintin1122

ADB trade is the best comparable. Except Brady has more term.

So start with a top 6-7 pick , a 2nd rounder and a young player
    Al-Tintin1122
    You could look to Matthew Tkachuk if ottawa wants rentals.

For example:

Aaron Ekblad+Carter Verhaeghe for Brady Tkachuk (no 1st and prospect because brady tkachuk is significantly less valuable than Matthew)

No one wants to sign 29 year olds to longterm deals . Unless you have a mentally challenged Gm
    Apr. 16 at 7:58 p.m.
    I Love J Boqvist
    Exactly . It doesn’t make sense for anyone to overpay for Brady unless they feel he’s the missing piece to their team.

And the Sens are not moving Brady for a guy who won’t be half as good even if a 1st is included and lower quality pieces

Which is why stars are generally not moved unless they ask out.

So again, the only scenario worth discussing is a scenario where Tkachuk asks out. In which case the price would be similar to the eichel price.
    mv21227 liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 7:59 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    Which is why stars are generally not moved unless they ask out.

So again, the only scenario worth discussing is a scenario where Tkachuk asks out. In which case the price would be similar to the eichel price.

And he doesn’t want out. Nor did he have an injury to the level that Eichel did. Also no one had cap space at that time to fit in Eichel. With the cap jumping now and Brady being 2 mill cheaper than Eichel, it’s a lot easier to fit Brady in .
    Apr. 16 at 8:00 p.m.
    ADB trade is the best comparable. Except Brady has more term.

So start with a top 6-7 pick , a 2nd rounder and a young player

I’d say ADB was better than Brady though which could cancel out at least some of the value of the extra term

But a top 6/7 pick, a 2nd, and a young player is quite a bit less than Lekkerimaki + Willander + a 1st like you suggested as an offer from the Canucks
    Apr. 16 at 8:03 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    I’d say ADB was better than Brady though which could cancel out at least some of the value of the extra term

But a top 6/7 pick, a 2nd, and a young player is quite a bit less than Lekkerimaki + Willander + a 1st like you suggested as an offer from the Canucks

ADB only had 2 years of term with no certainty of re-signing which brought down his value, he was also one of the smallest players in the league and was called a Kane-Merchant .

Brady is way more rare to find in the NHL and teams would rather Brady over Debrincat in the playoffs very easily
    Apr. 16 at 8:04 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122

Yes it’s less. I’m not saying Brady is worth those two but he’s worth 1 quality piece better than either of those prospects individually
    Apr. 16 at 8:04 p.m.
    Leafs going to Leafs
    Tkachuk's in that sweet spot where he's not a franchise guy, like a top 2 player on a championship team caliber, but he's also not the average 1rst line player...

Therefore, he's not going to get bad offers, but he's also not getting elite ones either
    Apr. 16 at 8:06 p.m.
    Al-Tintin1122
    Quoting: Leafsfan98
    Tkachuk's in that sweet spot where he's not a franchise guy, like a top 2 player on a championship team caliber, but he's also not the average 1rst line player...

Therefore, he's not going to get bad offers, but he's also not getting elite ones either

Yes but he’s under term. Therefore no overpayment then no Brady. He’s a 1st line player , so the Sens aren’t moving him for a 2nd line player and a 1st round pick
    Apr. 16 at 8:08 p.m.
    Leafs going to Leafs
    Yes but he’s under term. Therefore no overpayment then no Brady

Which is likely why there's no Brady
    AlTintin1122 liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 8:36 p.m.
    Brady wants out. It is so obvious. It is the same reason Matthew wanted out of Calgary. These Tkachuk boys want to make as much money as possible while playing for winners. The Canadian teams have high taxes which eats into their money. He wants a US market team with low taxes to keep more money.
    Fox_Czar_Cup and PLDGEY liked this.
    Apr. 16 at 10:06 p.m.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong.

Of course prying an asset away from someone is going to cost more than that same asset would run you from someone looking to move on. The fact of the matter is Brady doesnt want out of Ottawa and Ottawa has no intention of moving him. High prospects and picks would be a minumum, that's just the reality of it.
    AlTintin1122 and Andy_Dick liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll