LW
      UFA - 1
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      C
      UFA - 3
      $894,167$894,167
      LW, RW
      RFA - 4
      $875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $3,750,000$3,750,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      RD
      NTC
      UFA - 2
      $4,350,000$4,350,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      $722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $5,400,000$5,400,000
      LD
      NTC
      UFA - 1
      $1,450,000$1,450,000
      RD
      UFA - 5
      $1,150,000$1,150,000
      RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 6:17 p.m.
      Banned
      You can move thorburn somewhere else. We don’t need him. Funny thing about trades is that the receiving team has needs and aren’t going to just take a player to help you out.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 6:27 p.m.
      Quoting: DirtyDangles
      You can move thorburn somewhere else. We don’t need him. Funny thing about trades is that the receiving team has needs and aren’t going to just take a player to help you out.

I understand that. I do think Thorburn still has value to a team that needs to add a veteran presence with some grit and heart, but I don't imagine his services are in demand. If the Blues weren't so crowded I would prefer they keep him. All I did was look at some eastern conference teams that appeared to need some depth RW players, so it was admittedly a throw of the dart--as were most of those fantasy deals I proposed here. I just think the Blues owe it to him to attempt a trade to a team that will use him, rather than burying him in the minors. It may be that there's simply not a fit for him anymore, but that would be a real pity.
      DirtyDangles liked this.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.
      Fabbri + Blais for adam lowry? Why? That makes no sense. Mayfield and Bortuzzo are similar so that doesn't make sense either. Jaskin is a great 4th liner, much better than Nolan and Kostin won't play on the 4th line. Sundqvist sure that's fine. Moving Barbashev makes no sense as he'll play 4th line. I doubt we get a 6th rounder for Thorburn.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 6:45 p.m.
      Quoting: BluesGetTheCup
      Fabbri + Blais for adam lowry? Why? That makes no sense. Mayfield and Bortuzzo are similar so that doesn't make sense either. Jaskin is a great 4th liner, much better than Nolan and Kostin won't play on the 4th line. Sundqvist sure that's fine. Moving Barbashev makes no sense as he'll play 4th line. I doubt we get a 6th rounder for Thorburn.

I think Lowry would be more successful playing a 4th line role for the Blues than Barbashev will. I don't think Fabbri or Blais will amount to much playing for the Blues, so I don't lose sleep dealing them for a player that I think will contribute more to the team's success (not necessarily in points).

I agree that Mayfield and Bortuzzo are similar. I just prefer having one of the two as our 7th defenseman, as opposed to wasting the potential of a young player like Schmaltz. We need to cut him loose.

I think Kostin projects to play a role similar to Maroon's, and he'll play up and down the roster--but I absolutely think he starts his career as just another big body on the 4th line.

I think Jaskin and Nolan are pretty comparable, but I'm valuing Nolan's experience over Jaskin's potential--especially given that I'm starting Kostin on the RW.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 6:50 p.m.
      Quoting: BAC
      I think Lowry would be more successful playing a 4th line role for the Blues than Barbashev will. I don't think Fabbri or Blais will amount to much playing for the Blues, so I don't lose sleep dealing them for a player that I think will contribute more to the team's success (not necessarily in points).

I agree that Mayfield and Bortuzzo are similar. I just prefer having one of the two as our 7th defenseman, as opposed to wasting the potential of a young player like Schmaltz. We need to cut him loose.

I think Kostin projects to play a role similar to Maroon's, and he'll play up and down the roster--but I absolutely think he starts his career as just another big body on the 4th line.

I think Jaskin and Nolan are pretty comparable, but I'm valuing Nolan's experience over Jaskin's potential--especially given that I'm starting Kostin on the RW.

Jaskin is way better than Nolan. It's not even comparable lol. Kostin projects as a top 6 winger.

Giving up Walman for Mayfield is short sighted though. Might as well see what Fabbri has though. It's silly to give up without knowing.
      tomwinterrose liked this.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
      Jaskin is way better than Nolan. It's not even comparable lol. Kostin projects as a top 6 winger.

Giving up Walman for Mayfield is short sighted though. Might as well see what Fabbri has though. It's silly to give up without knowing.

I just have to disagree about Jaskin. I hope he proves me wrong, but he's shown nothing (outside of international play) that makes me think he's more than just a guy. Nolan has contributed to some fantastic Kings teams, and demonstrated his consistency with a great season in Buffalo. So he's not a goal scorer. Not every player has to be, especially in that role.
      I don't see the Walman/Mayfield deal as "giving up on Walman". Walman is wasted on this roster. Moving him for a player that will be more useful makes sense--especially when you consider how Schmaltz lost value riding the pine. The Blues have too much defensive depth to keep hording defensemen. At some point, it just becomes a diminishing return.
      I don't question what Fabbri has--he has amazing talent. But he also has limited trade value, and lots of health questions. I get why the idea of holding on to him is appealing, but even if he's fully healthy--the Blues are loaded. Having talented wingers like that is a luxury, whereas having a dependable 4th line center is a necessity. It's about what makes the team better right now. We can afford to think in those terms, because we're already set up pretty well for tomorrow, too.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 7:08 p.m.
      I just have to disagree about Jaskin. I hope he proves me wrong, but he's shown nothing (outside of international play) that makes me think he's more than just a guy. Nolan has contributed to some fantastic Kings teams, and demonstrated his consistency with a great season in Buffalo. So he's not a goal scorer. Not every player has to be, especially in that role.
      I don't see the Walman/Mayfield deal as "giving up on Walman". Walman is wasted on this roster. Moving him for a player that will be more useful makes sense--especially when you consider how Schmaltz lost value riding the pine. The Blues have too much defensive depth to keep hording defensemen. At some point, it just becomes a diminishing return.
      I don't question what Fabbri has--he has amazing talent. But he also has limited trade value, and lots of health questions. I get why the idea of holding on to him is appealing, but even if he's fully healthy--the Blues are loaded. Having talented wingers like that is a luxury, whereas having a dependable 4th line center is a necessity. It's about what makes the team better right now. We can afford to think in those terms, because we're already set up pretty well for tomorrow, too.

Nolan's advanced stats are terrible and he's Thorburn 2.0, saying he contributed to the Kings is a bit misleading as he played like 7 minutes per game that year. Jaskin actually contributes to possession and defense. But we can agree to disagree lol.

Next year Gunnarsson/Bouw are off the books. Walman spending a year in the AHL and stepping into the 3rd pairing role next year as LD makes sense to me. Schmaltz leaving is fine, there's no room for him.

Limited trade value makes it why we shouldn't move him. Lowry is definitely better than Barbashev, but not really enough when we have fine players to play 4C. Very replaceable position (though important).
      tomwinterrose liked this.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 8:13 p.m.
      Nolan's advanced stats are terrible and he's Thorburn 2.0, saying he contributed to the Kings is a bit misleading as he played like 7 minutes per game that year. Jaskin actually contributes to possession and defense. But we can agree to disagree lol.

Next year Gunnarsson/Bouw are off the books. Walman spending a year in the AHL and stepping into the 3rd pairing role next year as LD makes sense to me. Schmaltz leaving is fine, there's no room for him.

Limited trade value makes it why we shouldn't move him. Lowry is definitely better than Barbashev, but not really enough when we have fine players to play 4C. Very replaceable position (though important).

Who are these fine 4C players? Sundqvist? Jaskin? Perhaps Musil is further along in his development than we realize, but I don't know that he's the best solution at 4c. Thomas, Kyrou or Fabbri could man the position if we want to go with 4 scoring lines--even I have kicked that idea around--but I think the consensus among Blues fans is that Thomas needs to be playing in a scoring role, getting as many minutes as he can handle. You may be right about Nolan, but I just think we're going to miss Brodziak this year no matter who we put in his role, unless we bring in somebody more capable. I think Lowry is that guy. As for Gunnar, it's just a numbers thing. Dude's got to go. And there's enough teams needing help on D, I think it will happen as soon as he shows he's healthy enough to play.
      Jul. 12, 2018 at 9:40 p.m.
      I just have to disagree about Jaskin. I hope he proves me wrong, but he's shown nothing (outside of international play) that makes me think he's more than just a guy.

Jordan Nolan is the definition of "just a guy". Plus he's on a two-way contract; why pay him $650,000 to do nothing when you could pay him $70,000 to do nothing?
      Jul. 13, 2018 at 12:18 a.m.
      Shaf_daddy
      I was really hoping you had Gunnar back to the Leafs. Miss that guy.
      Jul. 13, 2018 at 1:57 a.m.
      Who are these fine 4C players? Sundqvist? Jaskin? Perhaps Musil is further along in his development than we realize, but I don't know that he's the best solution at 4c. Thomas, Kyrou or Fabbri could man the position if we want to go with 4 scoring lines--even I have kicked that idea around--but I think the consensus among Blues fans is that Thomas needs to be playing in a scoring role, getting as many minutes as he can handle. You may be right about Nolan, but I just think we're going to miss Brodziak this year no matter who we put in his role, unless we bring in somebody more capable. I think Lowry is that guy. As for Gunnar, it's just a numbers thing. Dude's got to go. And there's enough teams needing help on D, I think it will happen as soon as he shows he's healthy enough to play.

Just moving a player for no reason like Fabbri for a 4C just seems silly to do. We’ll see who grabs that 4C role - my guess is Barbashev does it. I think it will fit his skill set well, while being a modern fast skating type defensive player with Soshnikov and Jaskin. The moves above just seem like such “moves to make moves” type thing.
      Jul. 13, 2018 at 7:10 a.m.
      Red Wing Nut
      Unless sundqvist is top 6 stud potential...no ty.. We're keep our picks for now..but rock on
      Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:38 a.m.
      Quoting: Mike
      Unless sundqvist is top 6 stud potential...no ty.. We're keep our picks for now..but rock on

He is if you don't specify which league
      Jul. 18, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
      miz58
      I see 4 trades that as a Blues fan would make me not happy and it would make me want the GM of this team fired

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll