SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Florida Panthers signed Sam Reinhart (8 Years / $8,625,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mon. at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
In the real world he should have signed for 7 years for $69 million ($9.85 AAV) but the tax cheat strikes again.

Thank you Florida Governor, you are clueless.

Lmao! Letting citizens keep more of their money makes a governor clueless? A state government that doesn’t waste money is not clueless.
Mon. at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Wow. You're dumb.

Do you know how often Florida has to beg the federal government for disaster relief. Maybe they should stop doing that.

They don’t. They only ask for the usual federal assistance
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mon. at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: Patriot12992
They don’t. They only ask for the usual federal assistance

Yeah, you're stupid.

Piss off.
Mon. at 12:43 p.m.
people voting no are probably EDM fans
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mon. at 12:53 p.m.
Yeah, you're stupid.

Piss off.

Yeah, you're stupid.

Piss off.

Lmao, if you want to be an insecure child about your precious worldview then so be it. Florida is thriving.

Cry harder
SoFlaSooner and Boltsradynasty liked this.
Mon. at 2:21 p.m.
Wow. You're dumb.

Do you know how often Florida has to beg the federal government for disaster relief. Maybe they should stop doing that.

You sure showed me.
Patriot12992 liked this.
Mon. at 3:40 p.m.
and proud of it
Steal
Mon. at 4:49 p.m.
lots of talk about '' tax cheat'' from florida.

I wont pretend to know how much it plays into a signing. But maybe its good they have that advantage because... I've been in Florida, you would have to pay me to be around these people lol.

this site is going down i dont care. Great signing.
Mon. at 5:14 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Wow. You're dumb.

Name a state that doesn't get disaster money California got a bunch from that rain storm they called a Hurricane. We get worse storms on a friggin random Tuesday in August m or the wildfires of California or earthquakes when people were sleeping outside afraid their roof might crush them .
What a dum comment you made
Mon. at 6:43 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
In the real world he should have signed for 7 years for $69 million ($9.85 AAV) but the tax cheat strikes again.

Thank you Florida Governor, you are clueless.

The whining 2 year old strikes again
Mon. at 6:58 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
The whining 2 year old strikes again

The $69 million will buy Sam a-lot of coke....

He's a crack head.

Enjoy.

P.S. everyone is still laughing at you not the other members for their opinion on the Tax cheat.
Mon. at 8:20 p.m.
Good nerd
Quoting: SoFlaSooner
Elections have consequences. If you think being taxed to death in NY or CA is a good idea, keep electing incumbents. If you prefer the way Tennessee and Florida do things, elect politicians who will do something about it. Florida doesn't just have an advantage in hockey but also in day-to-day life.

Even NY, MA and CA look good compared to Canada. They keep electing Marxists and they may never see a cup again.

Eh, I get your point, but this has a lot more to do with the salary cap than political policies. If there was no cap, the teams in major Canadian markets would just offer more money to compensate for the taxes. And of course, no one is electing the people who create the NHL salary cap policies. The NHL board of governors can choose to do something about this or not, that is really up to them. But I don't think anyone is truly thinking about the implications on their favorite sports teams when choosing who to vote for in political elections.
SoFlaSooner and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mon. at 8:30 p.m.
Quoting: tupty
Eh, I get your point, but this has a lot more to do with the salary cap than political policies. If there was no cap, the teams in major Canadian markets would just offer more money to compensate for the taxes. And of course, no one is electing the people who create the NHL salary cap policies. The NHL board of governors can choose to do something about this or not, that is really up to them. But I don't think anyone is truly thinking about the implications on their favorite sports teams when choosing who to vote for in political elections.

My point was more that policies that work to promote sound economic health & prosperity also work for subsets of the economy such as NHL contracts.

And I couldn't agree more that this is as much a salary cap issue as anything.
Mon. at 8:38 p.m.
Good nerd
Quoting: SoFlaSooner
My point was more that policies that work to promote sound economic health & prosperity also work for subsets of the economy such as NHL contracts.

And I couldn't agree more that this is as much a salary cap issue as anything.

Yep, you ain't wrong. The extremes at both ends of the political spectrum have some pretty horrible ideas that somehow seem to dominate the national conversations we see, but more practical financial conservatism and financial liberalism both have pros and cons, and the state of Florida has definitely been reaping the indirect benefits in multiple leagues of being low tax for a number of years now. And in the Panthers case specifically, it helps that they got a guy like Bill Zito, who should probably be paying property tax on the giant cajones he has, considering the bold moves he made to get the Panthers their first cup.
Mon. at 9:34 p.m.
I’m going to ignore the tax issue everybody’s been fighting about. Maybe he’s staying in Florida because he likes it.

The 57-goal season came out of nowhere at age 28, so I would assume he’ll never do that again, but this contract is pretty close to market value for a 30-35 goal scorer, which is what he was before the 57 goals. The term is a year or two too much for somebody his age, so I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t age well, but if that’s what it took to prevent him from going free agency, it’s a calculated risk to keep their core that they so deftly built together for another shot at the cup.

If they had let him test the market, I’m sure he’d be gone. Somebody would have looked at that 57 goals and Stanley Cup and given him something stupid like 7x$10.5M.
Mon. at 10:35 p.m.
Quoting: Patriot12992
Those other states and provinces have made their choices on how they wish to govern. Why should Florida be punished for it? Everyone wants no repercussions for their decisions and wants to punish others for success. Find another thing to complain about, this one is weak sauce.

Great signing.

Yeah, while we're at it, let's just have no cap. Why should we punish teams with larger fanbases and owners with deeper pockets?
Tue. at 4:57 a.m.
No any NTC/NM close either? Thats great sign from Zito. That guy is best GM of NHL. He get players under good caphit and without NM/NTC clauses what other GM throw to every players like candies. Congrats Florida.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit