Forums/Armchair-GM

GabaGuhle

Created by: gopherit
Team: 2024-25 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 19, 2024
Published: Jun. 19, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Saw this trade proposed by a MTL fan. We move down 13 slots but receive a top 4 LHD (when healthy). This will also allow us to move Middleton down to the 3rd pair where he's a more natural fit + move on from him next season if we so desire.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$775,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,420,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Badinka, Dominik
3$950,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Guhle, Kaiden
  2. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
26th ovr pick
MTL
  1. Beckman, Adam [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 1st round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
13th ovr pick
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$88,000,000$85,801,921$425,000$2,845,000$2,198,079

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$2,420,000$2,420,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,125,000$4,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$475,000$475K)
LW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RD
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
RFA
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 19 at 3:17 a.m.
Maybe 13OA straight up but no way should Montreal also add a 1st unless they are getting a better prospect back or more picks
jpsnow13 and CTC55 liked this.
Jun. 19 at 6:16 a.m.
Quoting: McPasta8873
Maybe 13OA straight up but no way should Montreal also add a 1st unless they are getting a better prospect back or more picks

Guhle is not worth the 13th OVA on just is own. And Habs fans are being delusional, if they think he is. A late mid to late 1st, sure, but he's not bringing you back a top 15 pick on his own. Especially if you're asking said team to just trade out of the 1st round entirely.

Then again, this is coming from a fanbase that thinks Guhle is worth Boldy straight up. So, delusional, isn't anything new.

Even then, asking Minnesota to drop 13 spots in exchange for Guhle is a bit much given how weak this draft class is.

So Minnesota is not doing that.

What value Guhle DOES carry, that difference here means the addition of a solid to decent prospect that's in need of a change of scenery. Anything better than that is going to be off the table. That means you're going to get a Beckman, O'Rourke, or Hunt type of prospect.

Habs don't need LD, which means a forward, ergo Beckman. Enjoy.
Jun. 19 at 6:53 a.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: RazWild
Guhle is not worth the 13th OVA on just is own. And Habs fans are being delusional, if they think he is. A late mid to late 1st, sure, but he's not bringing you back a top 15 pick on his own. Especially if you're asking said team to just trade out of the 1st round entirely.

Then again, this is coming from a fanbase that thinks Guhle is worth Boldy straight up. So, delusional, isn't anything new.

Even then, asking Minnesota to drop 13 spots in exchange for Guhle is a bit much given how weak this draft class is.

What value Guhle DOES carry, that difference here means the addition of a solid to decent prospect that's in need of a change of scenery. Anything better than that is going to be off the table. That means you're going to get a Beckman, O'Rourke, or Hunt type of prospect.

Guhle is absolutely worth more than Romanov lol. He is worth 10 OA. We would only trade him in a package for Boldy or Kaprisov
Burnout liked this.
Jun. 19 at 7:31 a.m.
Montreal has to many LHD under Guhle. They also value him as a top4 defense. As much it would be great to get a 13OA it should not be to the cost of Guhle. Montreal should stay the course and not move him.

Matheson - One year left on contract, will most likely be traded near the TDL.
Guhle - Plays both sides of the ice well. Not as Offensive as Hutson or Matheson, but Defensive he is way better. PK1 and PP2. Will wear the "A" when Matheson leaves or gets traded.
Hutson - Not ready to be in the big club. Play one year with Reinbacher in the AHL. Bring up when needed.

Also, as GuyGuyGuy mentioned Montreal did move Romanov to get the NYI 1st 13OA (traded to Hawks for Dach). Let's face it NYI was fleeced on that trade, but it may not happen again.

Montreal cannot afford to trade another young promising defense to get a potential better piece. It failed in the past 15 years with McDonagh (acquired Gomez) and Sergachev (acquied Drouin). As I said stay the course.
gopherit liked this.
Jun. 19 at 8:08 a.m.
Edited Jun. 19 at 8:14 a.m.

I completely disagree. If Sennecke or Eiserman are there at 13, which I would bet is a real possibility, I think it’s a very even trade for both sides. I would much rather move back to 26 and get a long-term LHD partner for Faber. Those two together would eat A LOT of really quality minutes. If Montreal drafts Dickinson at 5, he is Guhle’s direct, long-term replacement. Then at 13 you’re almost guaranteed to get an Eiserman, Sennecke, or player that slips. This deal helps both teams with where they are trying to go. I love this trade so much.

Obviously you never know what will happen at the draft but based on mock drafts, if Montreal ends up with 5 and 13 they have a 99% chance of some sort of combination of Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Eiserman, Sennecke, or Yakemchuk. That is worth Kaiden Guhle, in my opinion.
gopherit liked this.
Jun. 19 at 9:10 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
Guhle is absolutely worth more than Romanov lol. He is worth 10 OA. We would only trade him in a package for Boldy or Kaprisov

100%. You ask most NJD fans (at least from who I’ve interacted with) and they’ll tell you we’ll put 10th overall on the table 1 for 1 for guhle
Samsquanch14 and SMH liked this.
Jun. 19 at 10:08 a.m.

If you don’t think Ghule is worth the 13th then don’t trade for him, he is a solid young top 4 D that handles big minutes and the toughest matchups for the Habs. The dude isn’t going to be a big point getting D but at his peak I see him as sorta the presence of Shea Weber. A guy you don’t want to mess with and no BS type of D while still able to contribute some offence.

Trading up 13 spots and getting a nothing guy isn’t worth loosing an top 4 D ( younger than the “prospect “ Habs get back)
Jun. 19 at 11:31 a.m.

Throwing out ad hominem insults instead of just debating the value is juvenile... such hubris.

You like the trade offer? Great. You can debate that.
If you're taking shots at a whole fan base, then you've brought in your own shadow, your emotions, your resentment...
Why not debate with class? This is a fantasy website for crying out loud.
As if any of those trades were really going to happen...!

Obviously, this trade will never happen. BOTH teams would decline.
99.99% of the trades on this site, BOTH teams don't do it.

Now, cheers, and let's keep the insults for the meatheads schoolyard.

Have a good day buddy
Jun. 19 at 12:20 p.m.
Quoting: Fran615
Throwing out ad hominem insults instead of just debating the value is juvenile... such hubris.

You like the trade offer? Great. You can debate that.
If you're taking shots at a whole fan base, then you've brought in your own shadow, your emotions, your resentment...
Why not debate with class? This is a fantasy website for crying out loud.
As if any of those trades were really going to happen...!

Obviously, this trade will never happen. BOTH teams would decline.
99.99% of the trades on this site, BOTH teams don't do it.

Now, cheers, and let's keep the insults for the meatheads schoolyard.

Have a good day buddy

If you think what I said is insulting, then I don't think you understand what a insult is. Or are extremely oversensitive. And to be clear, I don't think it's the latter

All I said was two things.

1) That to expect Guhle is worth a top 15 pick is overvaluing him and is delusional.

2) That hab fans have asked for Boldy straight up for Guhle in the past. Which IS delusional. That's not happening from Minnesota's perspective. Not when Boldy is a much better player than Caufield, and I wouldn't trade a Caufield for a Guhle straight up either.

However, if what I said offended you so much. You're free to ignore me. Not that it matters much with the site going under. But that shouldn't stop you.

Edit: Oh, and there's nothing to debate in regards to the value. I don't think/believe he's worth a top 15 pick. That viewpoint isn't changing.
Fran615 liked this.
Jun. 19 at 12:25 p.m.
Quoting: CTC55
If you don’t think Ghule is worth the 13th then don’t trade for him, he is a solid young top 4 D that handles big minutes and the toughest matchups for the Habs. The dude isn’t going to be a big point getting D but at his peak I see him as sorta the presence of Shea Weber. A guy you don’t want to mess with and no BS type of D while still able to contribute some offence.

Trading up 13 spots and getting a nothing guy isn’t worth loosing an top 4 D ( younger than the “prospect “ Habs get back)

I have nothing against the idea of trading for Guhle.

I just don't think he's worth the value Habs fans would have you believe, nor do I think he's worth a top 15 pick. Let alone a top ten pick at that.

And saying he's going to be a Weber type of defender doesn't make sense. Weber was a puck moving defender who was decent defensively but primarily a point scorer. Guhle is closer to a Slavin or prime age Suter.
Jun. 19 at 12:29 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
100%. You ask most NJD fans (at least from who I’ve interacted with) and they’ll tell you we’ll put 10th overall on the table 1 for 1 for guhle

I've only seen Guhle+ for 10th ova accepted by Devil fans. Certainly not straight up.
Jun. 19 at 1:02 p.m.
A WILD Golden Gopher
@McPasta8873 @GuyGuyGuy @Hockeyfan1986
I appreciate all of the responses. As stated in the description, this trade package was proposed in a separate (& unrelated) ACGM thread by a MTL fan and garnered some approval from fellow MTL fans. It was an interesting enough idea that I figured I'd give it it's own thread. Especially, as I (like many of you) was surprised that any MTL fan (let alone a decent handful) would be open to trading Guhle as he seems to be considered very much apart of the organization's core for the foreseeable future.

For some further context, Beckman was a player specifically called out by the originator of this proposal so that is why he's included.

As always, please keep things civil and know that my intention behind this post wasn't to inflame tensions / get a reaction out of MTL fans.

With that out of the way, would someone mind giving me a tl;dr of Guhle? Everything I know about him comes from jfresh hockey cards, Scott Wheeler's piece on him 2-3 yrs ago, and an EliteProspects video that is also 2-3 yrs out-of-date.
Jun. 19 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: gopherit
McPasta8873 GuyGuyGuy Hockeyfan1986
I appreciate all of the responses. As stated in the description, this trade package was proposed in a separate (& unrelated) ACGM thread by a MTL fan and garnered some approval from fellow MTL fans. It was an interesting enough idea that I figured I'd give it it's own thread. Especially, as I (like many of you) was surprised that any MTL fan (let alone a decent handful) would be open to trading Guhle as he seems to be considered very much apart of the organization's core for the foreseeable future.

For some further context, Beckman was a player specifically called out by the originator of this proposal so that is why he's included.

As always, please keep things civil and know that my intention behind this post wasn't to inflame tensions / get a reaction out of MTL fans.

With that out of the way, would someone mind giving me a tl;dr of Guhle? Everything I know about him comes from jfresh hockey cards, Scott Wheeler's piece on him 2-3 yrs ago, and an EliteProspects video that is also 2-3 yrs out-of-date.

He makes me think of Markov. Just doesn't play out of positioning. He's not flashy by any means, but very solid defense, but can probably QB the PP1 down the line(if Hutson can't). I wouldn't trade him.
gopherit liked this.
Jun. 19 at 1:26 p.m.
Edited Jun. 19 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: Playday8714
I completely disagree. If Sennecke or Eiserman are there at 13, which I would bet is a real possibility, I think it’s a very even trade for both sides. I would much rather move back to 26 and get a long-term LHD partner for Faber. Those two together would eat A LOT of really quality minutes. If Montreal drafts Dickinson at 5, he is Guhle’s direct, long-term replacement. Then at 13 you’re almost guaranteed to get an Eiserman, Sennecke, or player that slips. This deal helps both teams with where they are trying to go. I love this trade so much.

Obviously you never know what will happen at the draft but based on mock drafts, if Montreal ends up with 5 and 13 they have a 99% chance of some sort of combination of Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Eiserman, Sennecke, or Yakemchuk. That is worth Kaiden Guhle, in my opinion.

This is a great post. It explains all the reasons why Montreal should make this trade. It's well thought out and covers just about everything.

But it falls short on one major aspect. And that is It's great from a Montreal overview, but glosses over Minnesota’s needs apart from Guhle is great and would be a long-term solution with Faber.

So, let's try this from Minnesota’s POV. But let's look at it from the other side. Shall we?

All the reasons you stated why this is great for Montreal, is the exact same thing for Minnesota. Does Minnesota need a long-term partner for Faber? Yes, absolutely. But Minnesota has several different needs going forward. Not the least of which is that they need a long-term solution for Spurgeon on the right side a lot more than they need a Brodin replacement going forward. In short, a 2RD is more of a need right now than a 1LD.

Strictly speaking, they could just take Yakemchuk at 13 and call things good. No need for Guhle, at that point. And the Habs don't get to move up.

But as much as Minnesota needs defenseman. They need scoring depth more. Either of Senneke or Eiserman fit their needs, even more. Because what they really lack is a scoring sniper for that top-six. To that end. Keeping the 13th ova is better for Minnesota than trading down. Especially when the draft us weak and the fall off after the top 12-13 is particularly pronounced.
Jun. 19 at 2:44 p.m.
A WILD Golden Gopher

All the reasons you stated why this is great for Minnesota, is the exact same thing for Minnesota. Does Minnesota need a long-term partner for Faber? Yes, absolutely. But Minnesota has several different needs going forward. Not the least of which is that they need a long-term solution for Spurgeon on the right side a lot more than they need a Brodin replacement going forward. In short, a 2RD is more of a need right now than a 1LD.

Strictly speaking, they could just take Yakemchuk at 13 and call things good. No need for Guhle, at that point. And the Habs don't get to move up.

But as much as Minnesota needs defenseman. They need scoring depth more. Either of Senneke or Eiserman fit their needs, even more. Because what they really lack is a scoring sniper for that top-six. To that end. Keeping the 13th ova is better for Minnesota than trading down. Especially when the draft us weak and the fall off after the top 12-13 is particularly pronounced.

All excellent points...and if I believed that Yakemchuk or Sennecke would be available at #13, I'd lean more towards keeping our draft pick. However, I don't believe either of those two (& none of the consensus top 6 Dmen) will be available by the time we are on the clock. I'm also not a huge fan of Eiserman -- he gives off Kieffer Bellows / Wahlstrom vibes to me. What I am a fan of is someone who is a known commodity that brings physicality and size to our D core -- both immediately & into the future. For those reasons, I lean acquiring Guhle then drafting a RHD with the #26 pick or with our 2nd rd pick. Someone like Badinka, Elick, Emery, Kleber, et al.
Jun. 19 at 3:16 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: dgibb10

I asked Columbus fans, and they said they are willing to add on top of KJ for Guhle
dgibb10 liked this.
Jun. 19 at 4:34 p.m.
Quoting: gopherit
All excellent points...and if I believed that Yakemchuk or Sennecke would be available at #13, I'd lean more towards keeping our draft pick. However, I don't believe either of those two (& none of the consensus top 6 Dmen) will be available by the time we are on the clock. I'm also not a huge fan of Eiserman -- he gives off Kieffer Bellows / Wahlstrom vibes to me. What I am a fan of is someone who is a known commodity that brings physicality and size to our D core -- both immediately & into the future. For those reasons, I lean acquiring Guhle then drafting a RHD with the #26 pick or with our 2nd rd pick. Someone like Badinka, Elick, Emery, Kleber, et al.

I'm not particularly fond of Eiserman either. And to be blunt, I don't like that Sennecke is such a late riser.

My personal wishlist apart from the obvious Celebrini, is Catton. That kid screams the next Brayden Point to me. I think he has all the tools one would want in a future 1C, just not the size.

Given that's not going to happen. My preference would probably be Helenius. I get he's the *safe* pick, But he's Eriksson-Ek 2.0, and he would make this team 4 centers deep for the first time ever going forward.

But given how likely volatile the top ten to twelve is going to be. It's anyone guess who could be there at 13. I guarantee someone is going to fall, and one of Helenius/Sennecke/Eiserman/Yakemchuk is going to be there.

I am loath to trade down in this draft. Guhle doesn't change that for me one iota.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll