SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Half Rankings Half Mock - SKATERS ONLY

Half Rankings Half Mock - SKATERS ONLY

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: Jun. 7 at 2:51 p.m.
Description
NO GOALTENDERS IN THIS ONE AS THIS IS STRICTLY FOR SKATERS.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-RANK: 1 Checks all the boxes for the Sharks to get their next Franchise player.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-RANK: 2 Demidov is a worldclass playmaker, has to work on the small aspects of his game and get into the KHL to see how he stacks up against men. But he would be the perfect wingman for Bedard.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-RANK: 5 Fills the need of the ducks but he has several aspects to his game he needs to work on including his shot, defensive hockey IQ, and limiting himself from over committing on the man.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-RANK: 3 Silayev has proven he is ready for the big leagues this season, fitting right into the KHL with no big issues. Can play the right side of the blueline but is naturally on the left side. In my eyes he is the top defenseman in this draft.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-RANK: 10 Pick based off the needs of the Canadians, he brings size and grit along with the an NHL ready frame to a team that needs some snarl.
6Logo of the Utah Hockey Club-RANK: 4 Buium is electric, he is good in transition, has a great shot and plays like a true #1 defenseman. In my eyes you cannot go wrong with Buium here.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-RANK: 6 Stiga is criminally underrated because of his size. Take that away from the situation and he is a top 3 pick in this draft. He does everything well and has no true flaws to his game. Once he puts on some more weight and maybe grows another inch or two he will be in the top 5 conversations of this draft.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-RANK: 8 Parekh is exactly what you think of as an offensive defenseman. Gets up into the rush, great passer, great shot. The draw back to him is the lack of defense in his own zone that comes with him jumping up all the time. Once he polishes that up the Kraken have a number 1 d-man.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-RANK: 11 iginla is a beast, plays with a little less snarl than his dad but more offensive talent. Calgary continues the bloodline and has a great top center prospect on their hands.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-RANK: 7 Dickinson is the all around LHD package you could want and he can make plays in both ends. Devils fans are thrilled they get a gamer here.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-RANK: 12 The Sabres have their prayers answered with a RHD that will instantly give them someone to pair with Power. Yakemchuk is an offensive animal and has good in zone defense that needs improvement but the base is there.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-RANK: 9 Philly gets their center prospect for Michkov, Arguably the second best center in the draft. Catton doesn't have the size or strength of an NHLer yet but he has everything else going for him. He is an offensive weapon that would thrive with Michkov.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-RANK: 14 I don't think I need a description here because everyone and their mother has been talking about this kid for the past couple weeks. The wild get a good one at 13.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsRANK: 19 Who saw this coming? The Sharks take Celebrini but address another position of need with a RHD. Jiricek is a very solid prospect like a slightly less developed version of his brother, injuries held him back but with a healthy season we could see why he was ranked in the top 10 for a while.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-RANK: 13 Detroit hits a homerun here getting an NHL ready RW from Europe at pick 15. Helenius plays Yzerman style and would offer a great depth scoring piece and some grit to the lineup.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-RANK: 25 A bit of a reach here by the blues but they need a high end RHD prospect and it boils down to Mews or Emery with Jiricek off the board. Mews has offensive talent pouring out of him and the Blues could use a solid puck moving defenseman more than a shutdown piece early in this retool.
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-RANK: 17 Eiserman is a goal scorer (just in case you didn't know lol) outside of his shooting and his straight line speed he has pretty poor development. The Capitals love boom or bust picks and Eiserman fits right into that category.
18Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York IslandersRANK: 27 Emery is a very solid shutdown defenseman not a very good shot, but has good vision and closes lanes well defending the rush. I would say they need more offensive threats but they will address that later on.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-RANK: 18 Parascak is an offensive explosion of a player. He will score goals, send great passes and play a well maintained style of hockey limiting transition chances.
20Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningRank: 16 Connelly would be a top 5 player if he didn't have question marks around his off ice personality. Extremely skilled offensive weapon that Lou could tap into but the concerns cause him to drop down the rankings a bit.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-RANK: 20 Greentree is a hard to play against power forward that reminds me of Tom Wilson in juniors. Could be a massive selection for the kings.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-RANK: 15 The biggest concern with MBN is the transition to NA hockey in my eyes. He is a year away from being NHL ready with is better than most in front of him but some European players struggle when coming over to the smaller sheet. This should honestly benefit MBN though as he is a physical machine.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-RANK: 21 Chernyshov is another grinder/power forward type play in my eyes. hard to play against and gets teammates open. The Leafs have no issue taking Russians so its a good fit.
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-RANK: 30 A massive frame for a teenager with a great shot and decent enough skating to be selection in the first round. We will see if there is a lot of success from being larger than his peers or if his talent translates to the college game.
25Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsRank: 22 A near NHL ready player. Younger kid for this draft but he has been playing against men and doing it well. Could be a massive dark horse.
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsRANK: 28 Basha is a current teammate of their earlier pick and they are looking to bring in some existing chemistry having the two potentially together on a line in the future. Well rounded 2-way player
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-RANK: 26 Carolina gets something they are lacking and that is a guy that will be their second line center in the future. underrated player that had a solid season. Creative Playmaking center that needs to work on his shot and his own zone.
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksRANK: 23 Hutson has proven that he can move very well with and without the puck as well as play as a very high level playmaker. Size is the only true concern
29Logo of the Dallas Stars-RANK: 29 Goal scoring center that controls his own end well and has a good shot. Needs to put some weight on and work on his strength but good project add here.
30Logo of the New York Rangers-RANK: 24 Great two way center that has a good shot, good vision and intelligent hockey IQ. The Rangers need some young centers that project well in the NHL and Hage is that.
31Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersRANK: 31 Hard to play against punishing center that has a tendency to overstep it. If he can get his discipline in check he could be a legit top 6 center in the league and with Michkov being a teammate they make be a strong pair as well.
32Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersRANK: 37 The Ducks need RW prospects and they target one that plays a very clean game and jumps on the chances that are presented to him. Needs to take better care of the puck in his own zone but he is still young.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-RANK: 32 Gridin has a great shot, good vision and is smart with the puck on his stick. Underrated in my opinion but I feel like the USHL is often overlooked outside of NTDP.
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-RANK: 40 Howe has proven he was not only a success because of Bedard. But now he gets to join him in the NHL. The Chemistry between the two is already off the charts and he has shown he has enough of his own talent to be a high selection. Future #1 line of Howe-Bedard- Demidov is terrifying for the league.
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-RANK: 46 Danford is a solid 2-way defenseman that moves well and can lock down his own end. A bit of a reach in my eyes but the Ducks need more RHD in the system.
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsRANK: 35 LSW is an offensive weapon on the blueline Briere gets a good one here with a young gifted European Blueliner in the early second round.
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal CanadiensRANK: 39 Kiviharju is unfortunately hampered by his lack of size. If he was 6 foot he would be a top 15 selection. Insane offensive ability for a defenseman but the size concerns make him slip in Rankings.
38Logo of the Utah Hockey Club-RANK: 42 Russian Lock down defenseman, Looks like Utah is trying to have the Russian National Defense core here.
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-RANK: 45 This one may come as a surprise to most but Brunicke ends up getting selected in the early second round. very solid two way defenseman that has shown he belongs in the conversation for the top 10 RHD's in this draft.
40Logo of the Seattle Kraken-RANK: 38 A very underrated forward that doesn't have any major holes in his game. Good goal scorer, passer, you name it Vanacker can most likely be that player on your team. Future middle 6er for the Kraken.
41Logo of the Calgary Flames-RANK: 44 I am far lower on Ritchie than most people. I understand injuries held him back this year but I didn't feel like I saw improvement in his game from last season. I would like to see him take the next step before I have him any higher.
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsRANK: 36 Another offensive blueliner from Sweden. teammate of LSW and plays a very similar style. This is a steal for the sharks at 42.
43Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-RANK: 38 Russian undersized playmaking winger. Insane puck skills and a strong season in the KHL as a teenager. Would be a great addition to the already strong Buffalo Offense.
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersRANK: 41 NTDP pass first winger that would benefit Yager on the same line or as a set up man on the power play.
45Logo of the Minnesota Wild-RANK: 33 Strong two way defenseman that can join in on the Rush but doesn't live or die by it. Sound in his own end and has an NHL ready build.
46Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-RANK: 50 Not really too huge on Beaudoin but others seem to be high on him. Solid all around 2 way center. I think he needs to show a little more offensive upside but he plays smart in his own end.
47Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-RANK: 47 Smart and Responsible center that makes good plays in transition. I like Petterssons game as a 3/4 line center in the future.
48Logo of the St. Louis Blues-RANK: 43 Bednarik is a very sound player all around for NTDP. Over a ppg and looks promising in his own zone as well. Will be a solid 3c in NHL if I had to take a guess.
49Logo of the Utah Hockey ClubLogo of the Washington CapitalsRANK: 48 Miettinen brings size to the center ice position. He has a good shot but knows when to pass the puck. Adjusted well to NA ice, and very sound when moving the puck out of his own end.
50Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York IslandersRANK: 49 Shoot first center that has good vision on the ice, takes some lazy penalties from time to time but is also a good defensive center.
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-RANK: 52 Muggli is someone that compares strongly to JJ Moser. Same path, both overagers, good puck moving d-man. Numbers do not jump off the page at you but his game speaks for itself.
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsRANK: 45 Love this kid, he is a great skater (has to be at his size) a wicked playmaker and has insane hands. Doesn't take of lot of penalties and plays hard every shift. Another player that if he were six foot tall he would be a top 20 guy all day.
53Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningRANK: 51 Puck moving RHD that really needs to shore up his own zone, mistakes along the wall cost his team a lot his year but it is something good coaching can work on.
54Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsRANK: 55 Big bodied overager that really found his game this year. Smart defensively and good in the offensive zone. Could be a great addition that teams passed on last year.
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-RANK: 72 Prep School playmaker that really dominated against people his own age. Reminds me of Cristall from last draft.
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsRANK: 53 Hardworking playmaking winger. Draws defenseman out of the slot and finds ways to get the puck inside to the right players. Pass first RW.
57Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado AvalancheRANK: 57 The Habs look to continue solidifying their center position getting Misa late in second. Playdriver, playmaker, and is always moving his feet up the ice in all three zones. Great motor on this kid.
58Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsRANK: 59 One of the more mature games out there in the draft. Doesn't force anything, plays to his hand and makes the right play almost everytime.
59Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg JetsRANK: 54 Big Bodied defenseman that is hard to play against. doesn't take a shift off but does get a little over involved sometimes resulting in him getting a penalty.
60Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-RANK: 57 Skilled pass first center that leans bottom 6 NHLer. Good option to create some offense in the lower unit of your lineup.
61Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Vancouver CanucksRANK: 84 Big bodied center that will play hard minutes and do what it takes to win games. You cannot teach heart in the league.
62Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas StarsRANK: 56 Offensive pass first defenseman, rated lower for most people but he does the little things right. Isn't overly physical and allows the play to come to him, steals pucks while resulting from great hockey IQ and vision. Moves the puck very well.
63Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York RangersRANK: 60 Jecho can be summed up in one phrase. Offensive Swiss Army Knife.
64Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-RANK: 76 Playmaker from the Oceanic. Not the best in his own zone but he is great with the puck on his stick where the others teams goaltender hides.
65Logo of the Utah Hockey ClubLogo of the Florida PanthersRANK: 104 Ending on a high note. (Literally, the kid is 6'7") Have fun with that lol
Jun. 7 at 4:18 p.m.
Mews is too much of a reach at 16 at that point if Jiricek is off the board and they reach for a d man I believe it will be Solberg failing that I expect them to trade down....and 2 wingers with their 2nd round picks is unrealistic the Blues don't really need more wingers in the pipeline...d men and centers are what they need maybe another top goalie prospect like Carter George at 56
Jun. 7 at 4:40 p.m.
free ville
YES!!! Finally a mock other than mine that has Stiga in the top 10.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll