May 4 at 11:48 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Keefe? Cya
Boucher? Cya
Malhotra? Cya
Chynoweth? Cya
Van Ryn? Cya
Shanahan? Cya

We better look back at this offseason as the one where change occurs, or else we can just write off every season to follow. Trade Marner if that's what it takes. Just do f***ing something instead of signing some middle six plugs that think they're tough. Do something other than slapping lipstick on this disgusting pig of a team.
oneX and Trickster liked this.
May 4 at 11:49 p.m.
Cowan Season
I’ve seen enough from marner, he can’t come up big when it really counts and I’m so sick of it.
Random2152 and oneX liked this.
May 4 at 11:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Keefe? Cya
Boucher? Cya
Malhotra? Cya
Chynowyeth? Cya
Van Ryn? Cya
Shanahan? Cya

We better look back at this offseason as the one where change occurs, or else we can just write off every season to follow. Trade Marner is that's what it takes. Just do f***ing something instead of signing some middle six plugs that think they're tough. Do something other than slapping lipstick on this disgusting pig of a team.

I am willing to keep Chynowyeth as our PK under him till this year was good and I think if we improve personnel he has to work with will be back to 80%. As there were a lot of new guys used and ironically Kerfoots worth there was better than we realized

Everyone else well maybe besides Shanahan is gone as Tannerbaum will probs save him but on the condition they trade one of the big 4
May 4 at 11:51 p.m.
Cowan Season
Please fire shanahan. We’ve gotten nowhere with him

Bring in Berube in place of keefe
May 5 at 12:09 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CameronSquires
Please fire shanahan. We’ve gotten nowhere with him

Bring in Berube in place of keefe

Shanahan's deals done next year anyway they will probs ride him out then if no success that year he's gone. Not saying I like it but if Shanahan allows Brad to try and trade one of the big 4 im fine keeping him

Were 100% getting a new HC though if Keefe is back will be shocked
May 5 at 12:09 a.m.
average joe
Quoting: Messier99
My guess.
Shanahan and Treliving stay.
Keefe gone.
Most/all assistants gone.
Big 4 all stay.
Brody, Domi, Bertuzzi, Sammy gone.
Lilly and Robertson 1 year deal and/or traded.

Basically - do the easiest thing.

I think the Leafs brass (Shanahan or higher) decided to re-sign the big 3. Essentially knowing they would give us 5 to 8 good years - become the top 3 Leaf scorers in history, and make the playoffs.
They were not willing to take the risk dumping one and taking a step backwards - in order to have a better Cup chance.
May 5 at 12:11 a.m.
average joe
Quoting: aadoyle
Shanahan's deals done next year anyway they will probs ride him out then if no success that year he's gone. Not saying I like it but if Shanahan allows Brad to try and trade one of the big 4 im fine keeping him

Were 100% getting a new HC though if Keefe is back will be shocked

Although last year between Keefe, Dubas, and "a big 4", I assumed Keefe was the most likely to go.
May 5 at 12:13 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Although last year between Keefe, Dubas, and "a big 4", I assumed Keefe was the most likely to go.

In 2022 BOS decided to fire its HC Cassidy

TOR was fresh off a game 7 loss to TBL and it was prime pickings for a new coach

Dubas decides nah I will give my buddy 1 more year and while yes they won the series got to admit Cassidy sure would have helped lul

Dubas is gone and now Tree's here

Keefe has been here long enough and the winds of change are blowing. There are a lot of good candidates this summer its time

Last year I could understand as the candidates sucked now we got options
May 5 at 12:17 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 5 at 12:24 a.m.
I think this Summer besides the big 4 and improving the Dcore, one big thing for TOR is they need to sit down and look at the goaltending

Woll's injury issues are becoming a concern and idk if we can count on him to be the guy for a full season

Kids shown flashes but it seems he just keeps getting hurt and its been a problem since the Marlies days and come next year idk if we can expect him to reach 40 games

Might need to explore a trade or instead of a cheap backup getting a 1B
May 5 at 12:59 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
One guy I am tempted to bring back Lybushkin

Guy honestly wasnt bad and should be a cost effective partner for Rielly next season

Like the man was third in XGF on this team in the playoffs lul
May 5 at 1:03 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
One guy I am tempted to bring back Lybushkin

Guy honestly wasnt bad and should be a cost effective partner for Rielly next season

Like the man was third in XGF on this team in the playoffs lul

We have enough depth D.

We need a difference maker. Anything less is a waste of time
May 5 at 1:05 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
We have enough depth D.

We need a difference maker. Anything less is a waste of time

In general Rielly works with these guys. Like Lybushkin did better than 5m Brodie thats how funny it was

I say bring him back keep Benoit-McCabe together and go create a new 2nd pair that can be a shutdown duo. Rather than go get a 6m Roy divert some funds here and there

Rielly-Lybushkin
Dillon-Walker
Benoit-McCabe

Cost effective and allows us to make moves upfront. 1.5M x 2 years should be fine
May 5 at 1:09 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
In general Rielly works with these guys. Like Lybushkin did better than 5m Brodie thats how funny it was

I say bring him back keep Benoit-McCabe together and go create a new 2nd pair that can be a shutdown duo. Rather than go get a 6m Roy divert some funds here and there

Rielly-Lybushkin
Dillon-Walker
Benoit-McCabe

Cost effective and allows us to make moves upfront. 1.5M x 2 years should be fine

Doesn't move the needle. This is pushing sideways
May 5 at 1:15 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 5 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: Random2152
Doesn't move the needle. This is pushing sideways

Not really Dillon is an improvement for the second pair and Walker is an improvement over hot and cold Liligren

Like Dillon played some of the toughest mins of a Dman this season and thrived and had one of the best RAPM for consecutive years

There are no big difference makers this offseason. No Pietrangelo this year. There be close guys like Roy or Montour but they will cost to much.

Walker and Dillon should come at around 4-5m which is reasonable

This allows TOR to make other moves while improving the Dcore as lets face it whether we like it or not I cant see Brad getting one of the big boyz to waive

So we have to play with the 21m we have to get

1. A 1B goalie

2. 2 nice Dman

3. A 3c

etc.
May 5 at 1:22 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Keefes post game comment was enough to send me back here for one last angry tirade against that pathetic excuse for a head coach.

For you guys who haven't seen the quote, it goes as follows: "When teams beat the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

Pretty choice wording here. First off, whose job is it to make sure the team sticks to the system? Whose job is it to adapt and manage the team? Whose job is it to react when teams start applying pressure? Whose job is it to keep your players heads straight? THATS YOUR JOB SHELDON. Actually, let me back it up; that used to be your job Sheldon. Kiss your spot on the bench goodbye and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. You have done nothing for the Leafs and won't do anything for any other NHL teams unless they are looking to tank. If only your bulldog-like appearance also translated to a bulldog-like mentality. You can blame the players for sure, but YOU are just as big of a part of this team as they are, and YOU are largely to blame for this team setting themselves up for failure. Who decides to put the 4th line out at critical points in the game? Who decides to play Samsonov when it's abundantly clear Woll should play? Who decides to keep going back to the same old tactics that always fail? THATS YOU, SHELDON.

In good news, Keefes wording is pretty specific. He distances himself from the team, which is hopefully an indication of his inevitable departure from this team. We deserve so much better than some pathetic excuse for a head coach who thinks he's all that because he used to front as a tough guy back in the early 2000s. He thinks he's all that because the Marlies stacked team walked their way to a Calder Cup. My only hope is that this born loser is hired by another Atlantic division team so we can beat up on them in the first round.

Keefe is a coward who does not know hockey. He doesn't take any sort of accountability, gives a pass to our best players when they disappear, and rips into our other players when they occasionally make minor mistakes. Hope you enjoyed your time in the sun Sheldon, because you will never be a name anyone remembers outside of reminiscing about the Leafs plights prior to our Cup win. You will go down as a laughing stock and a detriment. Enjoy unemployment Sheldon
oneX liked this.
May 5 at 1:32 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Toronto spends 59.7M on their forwards. That’s more than 71% of the salary cap (83.5M)

Teams qualified for the 2nd round
Edmonton 58%
Colorado 58%
Rangers 58%
Carolina 62%
Boston 49%
Florida 59%
Vancouver 53%

They couldn’t score more than 2 goals
aadoyle liked this.
May 5 at 1:35 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Toronto spends 59.7M on their forwards. That’s more than 71% of the salary cap (83.5M)

Teams qualified for the 2nd round
Edmonton 58%
Colorado 58%
Rangers 58%
Carolina 62%
Boston 49%
Florida 59%
Vancouver 53%

They couldn’t score more than 2 goals

And this summer unless they can move one of JT or Marner idk if they can fix it easily

Sure they can go add a Walker or a Montour to the blue line or bring Domi and Bertuzzi back but unless the big boyz get going team goes no where

They have a lot of decisions to make from goaltending to forward group

But who knows maybe a new HC can get em sorted out as we know whoever comes in will have a fresh canvas to work with as I doubt all the assistants survive the purge besides maybe Malhotra
May 5 at 10:00 a.m.
average joe
Another minor problem here is Kampf. He was Keefes guy - but making $2.4M for the next 3 years.
It's only about a $0.5M overpay, but it does take up a spot that could have been filled by a sub $1M junior/Marlie. Especially a problem for 25/26 season.
Reaves is not a huge problem as I think he is only a $250k cap hit if buried in the minors.
May 5 at 12:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Another minor problem here is Kampf. He was Keefes guy - but making $2.4M for the next 3 years.
It's only about a $0.5M overpay, but it does take up a spot that could have been filled by a sub $1M junior/Marlie. Especially a problem for 25/26 season.
Reaves is not a huge problem as I think he is only a $250k cap hit if buried in the minors.

Kampf really was not an issue this playoffs and I thought once they finally found him the proper linemates he was fine

Like I liked the gritty little 4th line.

The main issue I saw TOR third line in any way it was formed just couldnt score. Lots of chances but just zilch from it

Last year TOR had a third line of Knies-ROR-Acciari and that line produced

TOR needs to create balance this summer in both the forward group and Dcore

Target some nice 2-way guys who can move the puck, have some speed, can play almost anywhere and just help this team out
May 6 at 2:13 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Keefes post game comment was enough to send me back here for one last angry tirade against that pathetic excuse for a head coach.

For you guys who haven't seen the quote, it goes as follows: "When teams beat the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

Pretty choice wording here. First off, whose job is it to make sure the team sticks to the system? Whose job is it to adapt and manage the team? Whose job is it to react when teams start applying pressure? Whose job is it to keep your players heads straight? THATS YOUR JOB SHELDON. Actually, let me back it up; that used to be your job Sheldon. Kiss your spot on the bench goodbye and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. You have done nothing for the Leafs and won't do anything for any other NHL teams unless they are looking to tank. If only your bulldog-like appearance also translated to a bulldog-like mentality. You can blame the players for sure, but YOU are just as big of a part of this team as they are, and YOU are largely to blame for this team setting themselves up for failure. Who decides to put the 4th line out at critical points in the game? Who decides to play Samsonov when it's abundantly clear Woll should play? Who decides to keep going back to the same old tactics that always fail? THATS YOU, SHELDON.

In good news, Keefes wording is pretty specific. He distances himself from the team, which is hopefully an indication of his inevitable departure from this team. We deserve so much better than some pathetic excuse for a head coach who thinks he's all that because he used to front as a tough guy back in the early 2000s. He thinks he's all that because the Marlies stacked team walked their way to a Calder Cup. My only hope is that this born loser is hired by another Atlantic division team so we can beat up on them in the first round.

Keefe is a coward who does not know hockey. He doesn't take any sort of accountability, gives a pass to our best players when they disappear, and rips into our other players when they occasionally make minor mistakes. Hope you enjoyed your time in the sun Sheldon, because you will never be a name anyone remembers outside of reminiscing about the Leafs plights prior to our Cup win. You will go down as a laughing stock and a detriment. Enjoy unemployment Sheldon

Pretty spirited, eh?

I thought out of anything you'd rather rant on was that only 34/88/91 talked to the media and not 16/44...

And it seems like Keefe knew his time was done the moment the team stopped trying to score "playoff styled goals" after winning in the 1rst round in 2023
May 6 at 3:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Pretty spirited, eh?

I thought out of anything you'd rather rant on was that only 34/88/91 talked to the media and not 16/44...

And it seems like Keefe knew his time was done the moment the team stopped trying to score "playoff styled goals" after winning in the 1rst round in 2023

16 and 44 did talk today so will let it slide as man both seem destroyed rn especially 44. He cares and he really wants it

I know people want 34 to have the C still think it should be given to 44. He's been here the longest, he has shown leadership qualities, says the right things

Next year C off JT and give it to 44.
May 6 at 3:33 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
16 and 44 did talk today so will let it slide as man both seem destroyed rn especially 44. He cares and he really wants it

I know people want 34 to have the C still think it should be given to 44. He's been here the longest, he has shown leadership qualities, says the right things

Next year C off JT and give it to 44.

I makes sense, I'm not ranting about either not talking to the media... It was moreso a topic brought up by SDPN and it stuck w me as I watched it today:

They said something like; you get paid all this money to be the face of the franchise (the 5 of them), that means when you lose, you're the one talking to the media, not Noah Gregor or David Kampf...

So, I didn't think people would be ranting about Keefe acknowledging what's been going on, but moreso that 2 people wearing the A didn't speak w media...

I do agree, however, if JT does leave, 44 is next up for captaincy... He's given this city his all year in and year out
May 6 at 6:15 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Pretty spirited, eh?

I was on a bit of a heater that night haha. Not really happy with any of the Leafs right now. Excited for the summer though
Leafsfan98 liked this.
May 7 at 9:28 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I was on a bit of a heater that night haha. Not really happy with any of the Leafs right now. Excited for the summer though

I'm not thrilled either... Hoping a good summer...

And hopefully they play Florida in RD1 and beat them 4-0 next year
May 7 at 9:57 p.m.
What number would you take Mitch back at?

Assuming he really wants to stay in Toronto, is there a number?

Like what if he says he'd do 8x$5M?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll