Forums/Armchair-GM

Is Farabee available

Created by: Blazingbat11
Team: 2024-25 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: May 2, 2024
Published: May 2, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What's deal? Why am I seeing his name everywhere all of the sudden? What's his problem lol?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,000,000
2$2,000,000
Trades
PHI
  1. Beck, Owen
  2. Farrell, Sean
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (MTL)
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,000,000$76,546,250$1,022,500$4,670,000$10,453,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
RFA
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
RFA
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2 at 3:27 p.m.
If Farabee is traded, it'll be to try and get a young top-6 Center or a significant upgrade and LW or D. I don't think Montreal has a package that would make sense for him
May 2 at 3:29 p.m.
Farabee may be available but he would be a piece to get a top C not for any kind of package in return.
May 2 at 3:30 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: DH28Hockey
If Farabee is traded, it'll be to try and get a young top-6 Center or a significant upgrade and LW or D. I don't think Montreal has a package that would make sense for him

Well MTL most certainly have the assets to acquire him, really depends on what they're willing to let go.

Would Matheson be of interest to Philly? He'd certainly be an upgrade on their D.
May 2 at 3:33 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Well MTL most certainly have the assets to acquire him, really depends on what they're willing to let go.

Would Matheson be of interest to Philly? He'd certainly be an upgrade on their D.

Not even a little bit. Like, the only package I could see MTL offer that wouldn't make Briere or Hughes immediately slam the phone down would probably be something along the lines of Xhekaj +++
May 2 at 3:34 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Chasebrown44
Farabee may be available but he would be a piece to get a top C not for any kind of package in return.

Well it would depend on how Philly amateur scouting project Beck. Many still have him projected as a two-way #2C. Unless Philly are looking for someone more established?
May 2 at 3:39 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: DH28Hockey
Not even a little bit. Like, the only package I could see MTL offer that wouldn't make Briere or Hughes immediately slam the phone down would probably be something along the lines of Xhekaj +++

I see... Any mention of Xhekaj would lead to phones being slammed down, I agree.

So PHI need rugged defensive Dmen, not offensive Dmen? Struble would be a target for them to look at. But it's also my understanding that Habs management are very high on him too. Habs will most certainly be dangling Harris and Barron this offseason.
May 2 at 3:40 p.m.
Well it would depend on how Philly amateur scouting project Beck. Many still have him projected as a two-way #2C. Unless Philly are looking for someone more established?

Im not too familiar but the flyers have lots or players who top out as a a solid 2nd line player so it really only makes sense to move Farabee to get a potential first line player and they desperately need a C.
DH28Hockey and GMDannyB liked this.
May 2 at 3:43 p.m.
I imagine they would want someone like Dach for Farabee. it has been said by many that he is on the block. But if the habs take Lindstrom or Catton I could see them thinking about Dach being expendable
DH28Hockey and GMDannyB liked this.
May 2 at 3:55 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I imagine they would want someone like Dach for Farabee. it has been said by many that he is on the block. But if the habs take Lindstrom or Catton I could see them thinking about Dach being expendable

Nope, Dach is pretty much unmovable. Not just because Habs management have fully committed to him, and it's generally agreed upon that Dach has a higher ceiling than Suzuki. but because Dach has been dealing with too many injuries, there's no way MTL gets proper value for him in a trade. He needs to get healthy.
And if MTL were able to get another top 6 C (not a huge priority) like a Lindstrom at the draft, Dach can easily be moved to the wing, where he also had a lot of success.
Habs_22_14_20 liked this.
Rebuilding
Quoting: Logicalicesports

Dach is untouchable, even at season end Kent Hughes said Dach could become better than Suzuki if that happens he would become MTL #1 center
Dach >>>> Farabee it's not close even with Dach being injured prone
Logicalicesports liked this.
Rebuilding
Nope, Dach is pretty much unmovable. Not just because Habs management have fully committed to him, and it's generally agreed upon that Dach has a higher ceiling than Suzuki. but because Dach has been dealing with too many injuries, there's no way MTL gets proper value for him in a trade. He needs to get healthy.
And if MTL were able to get another top 6 C (not a huge priority) like a Lindstrom at the draft, Dach can easily be moved to the wing, where he also had a lot of success.

Amen
Blazingbat11 liked this.
May 2 at 4:19 p.m.
Danny B is here
I would do Farabee for Beck + MTL 2025 1st or Beck + CAL 2025 1st + COL 2024 2nd or PIT 2025 2nd.

The goal if they move Farabee is what the others in this thread said, get future top assets. Only way that can happen is through the draft because MTL won’t want to trade any of your top prospects which means we need to get our own.

Farrell has been a nice thing for MTL but doesn’t interest me much. You urself say Beck is only gonna be a 2C so that means the Flyers still need that 1C because Frost is also going to top out as a 2C. So Beck also doesn’t help them too much, so that means the only thing the Flyers really would want out of this trade that could make the difference for them is the picks.
May 2 at 4:38 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: GMDannyB
I would do Farabee for Beck + MTL 2025 1st or Beck + CAL 2025 1st + COL 2024 2nd or PIT 2025 2nd.

The goal if they move Farabee is what the others in this thread said, get future top assets. Only way that can happen is through the draft because MTL won’t want to trade any of your top prospects which means we need to get our own.

Farrell has been a nice thing for MTL but doesn’t interest me much. You urself say Beck is only gonna be a 2C so that means the Flyers still need that 1C because Frost is also going to top out as a 2C. So Beck also doesn’t help them too much, so that means the only thing the Flyers really would want out of this trade that could make the difference for them is the picks.

Understood, I can only see MTL be willing to part with WINs 1st rd pick this year, The 2025 CGY 1st rd pick could be moved, but not until MTL has more info on where the pick will land (There's no way they move it if it still has a possibility of being 2nd overall. Same applies for MTLs 2025 1st rd pick, until MTL knows how their season plays out, I highly doubt it's for sale.

And just my 2 cents, I don't see how a 24 year old winger who only just hit 50 pts, gets anywhere close to a potential #1C in value... Unless Philly is willing to add an even better asset to him, but at that point Farabee would only be a complimentary piece to the deal.
GMDannyB and Habs_22_14_20 liked this.
May 2 at 5:00 p.m.
Danny B is here
Understood, I can only see MTL be willing to part with WINs 1st rd pick this year, The 2025 CGY 1st rd pick could be moved, but not until MTL has more info on where the pick will land (There's no way they move it if it still has a possibility of being 2nd overall. Same applies for MTLs 2025 1st rd pick, until MTL knows how their season plays out, I highly doubt it's for sale.

And just my 2 cents, I don't see how a 24 year old winger who only just hit 50 pts, gets anywhere close to a potential #1C in value... Unless Philly is willing to add an even better asset to him, but at that point Farabee would only be a complimentary piece to the deal.

I would give top 7 protection on both. Maybe top 10. But u just answered ur own question, Farabee had a terrible second half of the season on a low scoring team and still hit 50 points as a 24 year old. He spent most of the season with Laughton and Coots as his centers, now don’t get my wrong I like those guys, but something tells me playing with Suzuki or Newhook as his center would easily put him in the 60-65 point range. I think he will top out at 65 as a Flyer but if he goes to a team that had a bright future like Montreal he can push for that 70ish point range as a 2LW.

Your question for this whole team was “Is Farabee available?”

Sure he’s available, everyone is available for the right price but no the Flyers aren’t actively shopping him which means you would have to blow them away to move him.

And no I don’t expect the Flyers to get Montreal or Calgary’s pick if they are in the top 5 cause that’s only like superstars that command that ask, so like I said I would put trade protections on it.

But if ur the Flyers u have to ask urself if I move Farabee what’s the likelihood I replace him with someone better? The likelihood of picking someone better with Winnipeg’s pick is definitely low so there’s no real incentive for them to make that deal.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
May 2 at 5:14 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: GMDannyB
I would give top 7 protection on both. Maybe top 10. But u just answered ur own question, Farabee had a terrible second half of the season on a low scoring team and still hit 50 points as a 24 year old. He spent most of the season with Laughton and Coots as his centers, now don’t get my wrong I like those guys, but something tells me playing with Suzuki or Newhook as his center would easily put him in the 60-65 point range. I think he will top out at 65 as a Flyer but if he goes to a team that had a bright future like Montreal he can push for that 70ish point range as a 2LW.

Your question for this whole team was “Is Farabee available?”

Sure he’s available, everyone is available for the right price but no the Flyers aren’t actively shopping him which means you would have to blow them away to move him.

And no I don’t expect the Flyers to get Montreal or Calgary’s pick if they are in the top 5 cause that’s only like superstars that command that ask, so like I said I would put trade protections on it.

But if ur the Flyers u have to ask urself if I move Farabee what’s the likelihood I replace him with someone better? The likelihood of picking someone better with Winnipeg’s pick is definitely low so there’s no real incentive for them to make that deal.

Fair enough, but my point still stands that someone like Farabee isn't close to being worth a potential #1C, even if he were to achieve 60-70pts with Suzuki as you suggest. Heck, Caufield is a full year younger than Farabee, has already reached 65pts and has a higher offensive ceiling, and even I'm willing to admit that he's not worth a potential #1C either. Your expectation of a return is too high.

But if anything, the answer to my question if Farabee is available should be "NO", or at least it might as well be that answer, if the only thing that would move him were a potential #1C. Or in other words; an impossibility.
May 2 at 5:29 p.m.
Danny B is here
Fair enough, but my point still stands that someone like Farabee isn't close to being worth a potential #1C, even if he were to achieve 60-70pts with Suzuki as you suggest. Heck, Caufield is a full year younger than Farabee, has already reached 65pts and has a higher offensive ceiling, and even I'm willing to admit that he's not worth a potential #1C either. Your expectation of a return is too high.

But if anything, the answer to my question if Farabee is available should be "NO", or at least it might as well be that answer, if the only thing that would move him were a potential #1C. Or in other words; an impossibility.

Well like I said the likelihood of them getting a player as good as Farabee drafting 15th or lower isn’t high so there’s no reason to trade him unless they can get a pick that is 15th or higher otherwise they are just giving him away for no reason.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll