$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
RFA
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 17 at 10:17 a.m.
There's no reason for Winnipeg to overpay so drastically for a bottom pairing defenseman they can get on waivers if they want.
Apr. 17 at 10:24 a.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: Windjammer
There's no reason for Winnipeg to overpay so drastically for a bottom pairing defenseman they can get on waivers if they want.

Overpay so drastically? An AHL player and a 2nd isn't an overpay for Barron. Get him on waivers? When will he go on waivers? Why would Habs management ever let him go on waivers?

Barron is a 22 year old RHD that looks to have a bright future, stop acting like this Joel Edmundson or some other bottom pairing vet. You've been wrong about Habs multiple times before, at some point I would have thought you'd learn to not comment on things you know nothing about
Apr. 17 at 10:36 a.m.
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Overpay so drastically? An AHL player and a 2nd isn't an overpay for Barron. Get him on waivers? When will he go on waivers? Why would Habs management ever let him go on waivers?

Barron is a 22 year old RHD that looks to have a bright future, stop acting like this Joel Edmundson or some other bottom pairing vet. You've been wrong about Habs multiple times before, at some point I would have thought you'd learn to not comment on things you know nothing about

I don't see Montreal players with the want bias you do, I see then as they actually are. He's a bottom pairing (at best) defenseman. As you say maybe even a career AHL'er. He's not returning a bottom 6 forward and a high 2nd. Two teams have given up on Barron now and he can't crack one of the worst defenses on a team with very little depth. He has no value to a good team with excellent defense like Winnipeg. Both pieces on their own have more value than Barron.

Barron needs waivers to be sent down next season as I understand from Montreal fans and what Cap Friendly says, so he'll and up on waivers next season at some point.
Apr. 17 at 10:48 a.m.
I don't see Montreal players with the want bias you do, I see then as they actually are. He's a bottom pairing (at best) defenseman. As you say maybe even a career AHL'er. He's not returning a bottom 6 forward and a high 2nd. Two teams have given up on Barron now and he can't crack one of the worst defenses on a team with very little depth. He has no value to a good team with excellent defense like Winnipeg. Both pieces on their own have more value than Barron.

Barron needs waivers to be sent down next season as I understand from Montreal fans and what Cap Friendly says, so he'll and up on waivers next season at some point.

Thats just a bad take. Barron will be a regular next year. Kovacevic and Harris/Struble will be traded, Savard too at the deadline. RHD is the highest valued asset in the league and Barron hasnt been perfect but hasnt been bad at all. They've used the fact he wasnt waiver eligible because they have 8 nhl caliber defenseman and need to rotate, but they'll clearly make room this summer. The 3 starting RHDs should be Reinbacher, Barron and Mailloux by the end of next year. I dont think they'll trade him, he's more valuable on the ice than what he can get on the market (which would be more than rasumus "1 assist in 27 games" kupari)
Subbanator7667 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 17 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: patnaisnyquil
Thats just a bad take. Barron will be a regular next year. Kovacevic and Harris/Struble will be traded, Savard too at the deadline. RHD is the highest valued asset in the league and Barron hasnt been perfect but hasnt been bad at all. They've used the fact he wasnt waiver eligible because they have 8 nhl caliber defenseman and need to rotate, but they'll clearly make room this summer. The 3 starting RHDs should be Reinbacher, Barron and Mailloux by the end of next year. I dont think they'll trade him, he's more valuable on the ice than what he can get on the market (which would be more than rasumus "1 assist in 27 games" kupari)

That's cool they should hang onto him, because Winnipeg has no need for him. However a struggling defenseman that isn't good enough to play regularly on a bad team isn't returning a comparable forward AND a high 2nd.

A similar struggling forward, or a late pick would be a fair return.
Apr. 17 at 11:07 a.m.
Subbanator

So much wrong in this post lol

Bottom pairing dman.... At 22 years old, which means he is still 3 years out from his prime playing age, but sure I guess he'll just never improve because that happens

Kupari is the career AHLer I was referring to, not the dman who's 2 years younger and has more points this season the NHL that Kupari has in his career.

What two teams have given up on Barron? Colorado traded him and MTL is developing him

Like the other guy said, Barron only played in the AHL because of waiver exemption, has nothing to do with not playing well enough to make the team.

Both Kupari and the 2nd have more value alone then Barron does..... Might be one of the dumbest things you've said on this site ands that's a really high bar to beat but congrats.

And no value to a team like Winnipeg? The same Winnipeg team that has no real RHD depth, also no youthful RHD coming up and that might be losing 2/3 of their RHD this off season to FA? That Winnipeg team doesn't need a 22 year old RHD with top 4 potential? Lol
Apr. 17 at 11:09 a.m.
Subbanator
That's cool they should hang onto him, because Winnipeg has no need for him. However a struggling defenseman that isn't good enough to play regularly on a bad team isn't returning a comparable forward AND a high 2nd.

A similar struggling forward, or a late pick would be a fair return.

Lol said the same thing about Monahan, how did that turn out?
Apr. 17 at 11:18 a.m.
So much wrong in this post lol

Bottom pairing dman.... At 22 years old, which means he is still 3 years out from his prime playing age, but sure I guess he'll just never improve because that happens

Kupari is the career AHLer I was referring to, not the dman who's 2 years younger and has more points this season the NHL that Kupari has in his career.

What two teams have given up on Barron? Colorado traded him and MTL is developing him

Like the other guy said, Barron only played in the AHL because of waiver exemption, has nothing to do with not playing well enough to make the team.

Both Kupari and the 2nd have more value alone then Barron does..... Might be one of the dumbest things you've said on this site ands that's a really high bar to beat but congrats.

And no value to a team like Winnipeg? The same Winnipeg team that has no real RHD depth, also no youthful RHD coming up and that might be losing 2/3 of their RHD this off season to FA? That Winnipeg team doesn't need a 22 year old RHD with top 4 potential? Lol

If he had top 4 potential, he might be of interest. He obviously doesn't as this is the 2nd team to give up on him and Barron can't crack the top 4 of an awful team.

Bottom pairing defenseman are plentiful, easy to find and never require a high second in return.
Apr. 17 at 11:28 a.m.
Subbanator
If he had top 4 potential, he might be of interest. He obviously doesn't as this is the 2nd team to give up on him and Barron can't crack the top 4 of an awful team.

Bottom pairing defenseman are plentiful, easy to find and never require a high second in return.

What second team gave up on him? Lol

Also, he has actively played top 4 and been fine in that role for the Habs. Like me and others have told you before, he only got sent down because he didn't require waivers. I get you don't understand the basic logic of developing young players but your ignorance is astounding
Apr. 17 at 11:34 a.m.
What second team gave up on him? Lol

Also, he has actively played top 4 and been fine in that role for the Habs. Like me and others have told you before, he only got sent down because he didn't require waivers. I get you don't understand the basic logic of developing young players but your ignorance is astounding

Montreal is giving up on him. As others have said, he's been or will be passed by a few others in Montreal's lineup, requiing the move or loss on waivers.

The "development" thing is trying to put some lipstick on that pig. He hasn't progressed or really shown any signs of doing so in Montreal.

He's an okay depth guy, but you need to take the time to educate yourself on trade values with some comparables. Players like that don't return the haul you are expecting.
Apr. 17 at 11:50 a.m.
Molson beer is meh

Dude just stop, we get it. You're a Hab hater. The PLD shenanigans on here from Hab fans must have bothered you on some personal level or something. You kept calling Monahan a "4th line center on the Jets" for months, then got eerily quiet once WPG gave MTL their 1st rd pick for him, which looks to be a bargain at this point.

Barron most certainly has top 4 written all over him. He already has that skill offensively, and just needs to continue improving on his defensive game. Saying both COL and MTL gave up on him is just wrong, even Sakic said he didn't want to trade Barron when he acquired Lehkonen and continued by saying (I'm paraphrasing) you have to give quality to get quality. Habs simply have better prospects with higher all-around potential that makes Barron expendable.
As for this trade, MTL would be the ones refusing, they have too many bottom 6 forwards already, adding Kupari does nothing for them, and although MTLs 2nd is a nice asset, MTL have zero need to be adding more draft picks, unless they plan to flip it. but at that point, MTL could just use Barron to include in a package deal for what they are looking for.
Subbanator7667 and Cabbie91 liked this.
Apr. 17 at 11:51 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Montreal is giving up on him. As others have said, he's been or will be passed by a few others in Montreal's lineup, requiing the move or loss on waivers.

The "development" thing is trying to put some lipstick on that pig. He hasn't progressed or really shown any signs of doing so in Montreal.

He's an okay depth guy, but you need to take the time to educate yourself on trade values with some comparables. Players like that don't return the haul you are expecting.

The irony...
Subbanator7667 liked this.
Apr. 17 at 11:53 a.m.
Subbanator

Guy who's continually wrong and embarrasses himself regularly wants to tell others to educate themselves lol
Apr. 17 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Dude just stop, we get it. You're a Hab hater. The PLD shenanigans on here from Hab fans must have bothered you on some personal level or something. You kept calling Monahan a "4th line center on the Jets" for months, then got eerily quiet once WPG gave MTL their 1st rd pick for him, which looks to be a bargain at this point.

Barron most certainly has top 4 written all over him. He already has that skill offensively, and just needs to continue improving on his defensive game. Saying both COL and MTL gave up on him is just wrong, even Sakic said he didn't want to trade Barron when he acquired Lehkonen and continued by saying (I'm paraphrasing) you have to give quality to get quality. Habs simply have better prospects with higher all-around potential that makes Barron expendable.
As for this trade, MTL would be the ones refusing, they have too many bottom 6 forwards already, adding Kupari does nothing for them, and although MTLs 2nd is a nice asset, MTL have zero need to be adding more draft picks, unless they plan to flip it. but at that point, MTL could just use Barron to include in a package deal for what they are looking for.

Yes anyone who doesn't agree with Montreal fans and their obviously biased evaluation of their players is a Habs hater. Just keep the blinders on instead of actually trying to make a rebuttal based on factual information instead of emotion.
Apr. 17 at 11:59 a.m.
Guy who's continually wrong and embarrasses himself regularly wants to tell others to educate themselves lol

I've made a few mistakes, as have you. Do you remember how adamant you were about Winnipeg trading PLD to Montreal for absolutely nothing of value? Did that work out like you said? You've been quite wrong on trades like that.
Apr. 17 at 12:20 p.m.
Subbanator
I've made a few mistakes, as have you. Do you remember how adamant you were about Winnipeg trading PLD to Montreal for absolutely nothing of value? Did that work out like you said? You've been quite wrong on trades like that.

Lol because I said PLD wasn't worth what Winnipeg would want and I didn't like the looks of his extension, both of which ended up being correct, thanks for coming out though
Apr. 17 at 12:25 p.m.
Lol because I said PLD wasn't worth what Winnipeg would want and I didn't like the looks of his extension, both of which ended up being correct, thanks for coming out though

Lol. So when I say the same thing about Monahan, (He's not worth the price) I'm wrong, but when you do exactly the same thing, you're somehow right. Nice!
Apr. 17 at 2:07 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Yes anyone who doesn't agree with Montreal fans and their obviously biased evaluation of their players is a Habs hater. Just keep the blinders on instead of actually trying to make a rebuttal based on factual information instead of emotion.

Ah yes, I use examples such as the Monahan trade of you being a hater, and brought up Sakic's comments regarding your stance that both COL and MTL gave up on Barron, but sure let's go with anyone who disagrees with you must only be doing it from an emotional perspective...

Or it could just be that, every single Habs post that you engage with, you've disagreed and degraded Habs players and the Habs fans commenting on it.
Just own up to it, you're a hater, nothing wrong with that. It adds to the fun on here.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll