RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 27 at 5:57 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Appreciate seeing an original trade idea. I really like it!

I would say the Habs need to add though. Maybe a 2nd. Nice job!
Chuck54 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 9:29 a.m.
Snowhawk
I like Barron but I wouldn’t be ready to give up on Reichel quite yet if I was Chicago. Also can’t see the Hawks looking to move Dach, he is one of the few forward prospects in the organization with size, he has progressed nicely however, like his brother he can’t seem to stay healthy,

This is a long winded way of saying Chicago would decline.
Hawksguy81, YeahRighttt, Garak and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 27 at 9:38 a.m.
Sorry. Doesn't work. Hawks aren't trading Reichel or Dach at this point. And while Bareon is a player the Hawks would probably target, I doubt they'd value Ylonen enough to make this deal work anyway.
YeahRighttt, Garak, ChiHawk and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 27 at 9:48 a.m.
not even close for the hawks
YeahRighttt, Garak, Hawksguy81 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 27 at 10:26 a.m.
Could work if MTL adds a 1st round pick.
Hawksguy81, ChiHawk and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18
I like Barron but I wouldn’t be ready to give up on Reichel quite yet if I was Chicago. Also can’t see the Hawks looking to move Dach, he is one of the few forward prospects in the organization with size, he has progressed nicely however, like his brother he can’t seem to stay healthy,

This is a long winded way of saying Chicago would decline.

Quoting: Hawksguy81
Sorry. Doesn't work. Hawks aren't trading Reichel or Dach at this point. And while Bareon is a player the Hawks would probably target, I doubt they'd value Ylonen enough to make this deal work anyway.

Quoting: Wadejos123
not even close for the hawks

Quoting: Garak
Could work if MTL adds a 1st round pick.

I could see a trade that circles around Dach for Barron.

Dach is a 3rd liner most likely, maybe 4th liner. While I like him, I think some fans have too high of hopes for Dach. For Mtl, it's easy to understand why he may thrive better with his brother on the team.
Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 11:19 a.m.
Jay27
Quoting: ChiHawk

Dach is a 3rd liner most likely, maybe 4th liner. While I like him, I think some fans have too high of hopes for Dach. For Mtl, it's easy to understand why he may thrive better with his brother on the team.

Yeah they could keep each other company on MTL’s injury reserve…
I know bad joke but the point stands with how many man games the Habs have lost the last 2 seasons although tempting it’d probably be best for Hugo to stay away from players with above average injury histories.
Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 11:23 a.m.

There are bottom 6 forwards, and then there are good bottom 6 forwards. Dach is a big bodied physical and scoring threat, responsible in all zones, coachable, and I see him as a utility floater who can hang in the top 6 when and where needed, and, although it may be a long shot, he still has a decent chance to become a top 6 forward. Plus, he is a heart and soul type of player. So, "high hopes" are a matter of perspective. Envisioning him as an important player doesn't necessarily mean top 6.

Regardless, this proposal also includes Reichel. Barron is interesting, but, by himself, he isn't worth a Dach or a Reichel, IMHO. And we don't need any "right now" RD. Ylonen is a career AHLer. CHI is not selling low on Reichel, and we have all the time in the world to give him. One or two down seasons doesn't mean his whole career is a bust. There are plenty of players that don't pop until the are 22 to 25 years old, sometimes even later.

So, again, if MTL adds a 1st, it could work.
Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 27 at 11:49 a.m.
There are bottom 6 forwards, and then there are good bottom 6 forwards. Dach is a big bodied physical and scoring threat, responsible in all zones, coachable, and I see him as a utility floater who can hang in the top 6 when and where needed, and, although it may be a long shot, he still has a decent chance to become a top 6 forward. Plus, he is a heart and soul type of player. So, "high hopes" are a matter of perspective. Envisioning him as an important player doesn't necessarily mean top 6.

Regardless, this proposal also includes Reichel. Barron is interesting, but, by himself, he isn't worth a Dach or a Reichel, IMHO. And we don't need any "right now" RD. Ylonen is a career AHLer. CHI is not selling low on Reichel, and we have all the time in the world to give him. One or two down seasons doesn't mean his whole career is a bust. There are plenty of players that don't pop until the are 22 to 25 years old, sometimes even later.

So, again, if MTL adds a 1st, it could work.

Hawks won't give up on Reichel so removing Reichel and Ylonen as he is of no interest.

Dach is going to be possibly a fringe top 6 guy that can jump up in a squeeze IMO. However, I still peg him as a strong 4th liner with upside of a 3rd liner. Barron to me can possibly fill a gap with Murphy's days numbered in the next two years creating a right side of Seth Jones, Rinzel and Barron. I believe the need for another young RHD man is stronger than a bottom 6 player.
Jan. 27 at 12:12 p.m.
Hawks won't give up on Reichel so removing Reichel and Ylonen as he is of no interest.

Dach is going to be possibly a fringe top 6 guy that can jump up in a squeeze IMO. However, I still peg him as a strong 4th liner with upside of a 3rd liner. Barron to me can possibly fill a gap with Murphy's days numbered in the next two years creating a right side of Seth Jones, Rinzel and Barron. I believe the need for another young RHD man is stronger than a bottom 6 player.

I completely disagree. Again, we don't need a "right now" RD. Especially if you see him behind Jones and Rinzel. Also, again, Dach isn't just any bottom 6 forward he would be an important bottom 6 role player, and Dach is tearing up the AHL in his first pro year. What about that screams "just another bottom 6 forward" to you? There are bottom 6 forward filler players, and then there are important bottom 6 players, key pieces and supplementary pieces. He will likely be a key bottom 6 forward. Whereas cheap bottom pairing D are a dime a dozen or could easily be remedied with an LD that plays both sides. Dach's upside is worth significantly more than Barron, IMO. We can get someone in free agency if we need a body, and in the mean time draft a few RD over the next few drafts and let them develop, plugging them in when they are ready. Barron is probably worth more to a team that needs RD more immediately than CHI does. Which, MTL fits that bill, since they are just about ready to come out of their rebuild, while CHI is a few years behind them. So, I doubt Hughes has any plans of moving him anyway.
Jan. 27 at 1:05 p.m.
I completely disagree. Again, we don't need a "right now" RD. Especially if you see him behind Jones and Rinzel. Also, again, Dach isn't just any bottom 6 forward he would be an important bottom 6 role player, and Dach is tearing up the AHL in his first pro year. What about that screams "just another bottom 6 forward" to you? There are bottom 6 forward filler players, and then there are important bottom 6 players, key pieces and supplementary pieces. He will likely be a key bottom 6 forward. Whereas cheap bottom pairing D are a dime a dozen or could easily be remedied with an LD that plays both sides. Dach's upside is worth significantly more than Barron, IMO. We can get someone in free agency if we need a body, and in the mean time draft a few RD over the next few drafts and let them develop, plugging them in when they are ready. Barron is probably worth more to a team that needs RD more immediately than CHI does. Which, MTL fits that bill, since they are just about ready to come out of their rebuild, while CHI is a few years behind them. So, I doubt Hughes has any plans of moving him anyway.

16 points in 23 games is not tearing up the AHL, let's be honest. I agree with The Athletic's "and some other" professional assessments that he's a bottom 6 player and mainly due to his edgework and somewhat overall skating. Sure he looked good in the preseason and pretty good in the AHL but the speed of those games versus the NHL regular season is quite noticeable so for that reason, I just don't see him as a top 6 type of player in any permanent way especially with the Hawks building their team around speed up front (Nazar, Moore, Reichel, Bedard, etc.). That said, and as mentioned before, he can be a utility guy that can jump into a top 6 spot in a pinch, but I really see him as a 3rd or 4th liner...a good one, but nonetheless. If he's a 4th liner, still valuable, I would argue he ends up having less value that the top 5 guys in the backend.

Yes, all players are important but a bottom pairing D man is just as, if not more, important. Furthermore, I'm not suggesting Rinzel and Barron will be 2nd and 3rd liners in that order, Rinzel and or Barron could be both top 4 guys. Seth Jones is going to regress in the next few years, so we don't need a plug on our right for a bottom pairing and that's not the goal of my suggestion, we need someone who has top 4 upside and Barron has that....right now the Hawks have 1 guy in Rinzel as a natural righty with top 4 upside.
Jan. 27 at 1:36 p.m.
16 points in 23 games is not tearing up the AHL, let's be honest. I agree with The Athletic's "and some other" professional assessments that he's a bottom 6 player and mainly due to his edgework and somewhat overall skating. Sure he looked good in the preseason and pretty good in the AHL but the speed of those games versus the NHL regular season is quite noticeable so for that reason, I just don't see him as a top 6 type of player in any permanent way especially with the Hawks building their team around speed up front (Nazar, Moore, Reichel, Bedard, etc.). That said, and as mentioned before, he can be a utility guy that can jump into a top 6 spot in a pinch, but I really see him as a 3rd or 4th liner...a good one, but nonetheless. If he's a 4th liner, still valuable, I would argue he ends up having less value that the top 5 guys in the backend.

Yes, all players are important but a bottom pairing D man is just as, if not more, important. Furthermore, I'm not suggesting Rinzel and Barron will be 2nd and 3rd liners in that order, Rinzel and or Barron could be both top 4 guys. Seth Jones is going to regress in the next few years, so we don't need a plug on our right for a bottom pairing and that's not the goal of my suggestion, we need someone who has top 4 upside and Barron has that....right now the Hawks have 1 guy in Rinzel as a natural righty with top 4 upside.

For a rookie in the AHL, 16 in 23 is pretty darn good, and he has been very effective in other areas of play as well. I agree that he is more of a bottom 6 forward, but he has a decent shot at becoming a top 6 forward or up and down the lineup kind of guy. They guys at the Athletic are fine, but they are not experts. I read all their stuff and I can tell I definitely watch more hockey than their CHI beat writers do. Dom's model is an inaccurate waste of time, and Pronman is a hack. I appreciate the work they all put in and some of their insights are certainly interesting and/or useful, but they are by no means "experts."

Barron is fine and RD depth is a concern for the future, but we don't have to give up anything to get a player of a similar caliber and projectability. I'd rather bet on what we do have than grasp at straws for something we don't have or need right now. I think, if we draft another high end RD in one of the next three drafts and maybe take one or two in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that is a project, we will have more than enough depth. There will be other cap dumps, free agents, and supplementary pieces received in trades in the mean time. Sure, bottom pairing is important, but again we don't need that player right now, and probably not for another 3 years.

Would I understand if CHI did something involving Dach and Barron? Yeah, sure. But I certainly don't think it's necessary in the least bit. It also doesn't seem like KD's style at all.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 27 at 1:47 p.m.
For a rookie in the AHL, 16 in 23 is pretty darn good, and he has been very effective in other areas of play as well. I agree that he is more of a bottom 6 forward, but he has a decent shot at becoming a top 6 forward or up and down the lineup kind of guy. They guys at the Athletic are fine, but they are not experts. I read all their stuff and I can tell I definitely watch more hockey than their CHI beat writers do. Dom's model is an inaccurate waste of time, and Pronman is a hack. I appreciate the work they all put in and some of their insights are certainly interesting and/or useful, but they are by no means "experts."

Barron is fine and RD depth is a concern for the future, but we don't have to give up anything to get a player of a similar caliber and projectability. I'd rather bet on what we do have than grasp at straws for something we don't have or need right now. I think, if we draft another high end RD in one of the next three drafts and maybe take one or two in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that is a project, we will have more than enough depth. There will be other cap dumps, free agents, and supplementary pieces received in trades in the mean time. Sure, bottom pairing is important, but again we don't need that player right now, and probably not for another 3 years.

Would I understand if CHI did something involving Dach and Barron? Yeah, sure. But I certainly don't think it's necessary in the least bit. It also doesn't seem like KD's style at all.

That's fair, but I am tempering my expectations with Dach as some fans have (not saying you). Lock for 4th line, possibly a good 3rd liner, and possibly a guy who can slip into a top 6 role if needed for injury reasons. Some think he's a lock for top 6, and if that was true at 21 years old he be at least a ppg in the AHL. He's showing he's playing well in the AHL but not dominant and that usually speaks to a bottom 6 guy.

I hear you on drafting more RHD guys and it's definitely needed, but I sure hope they use their top pick for a forward this draft as we lack top 6 prospects big time. I also don't think this coming draft is particularly a great draft year. Beyond Celebrini and Demidov and maybe Leyshunov, there's aren't any all-star potential players...a lot of supporting top 6 or top 4 players...at least for the first 10 to 12, but just don't see potential all-star or better beyond those 3.
Jan. 28 at 11:39 a.m.

Yeah it's mostly the Reichel part I didn' like, but also not super high on Barron
ChiHawk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll