SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

The owners should be forced out of the league

Nov. 5, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
More allegations of misconduct and a cover up.

Awful stuff
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:01 p.m.
Xercuses
BABE WAKE UP
New Blackhawks Conteversy Dropped
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:05 p.m.
exo2769
I don't think you're going to get a lot of push back on this from the fans. You might from the NHL. Their excuse is probably that the owner died
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
Don’t worry. They will settle the lawsuit out of court and have no further comment
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:17 p.m.
Its alledging same guy though (Aldrich)...so it was really covering up one bad apple. So while bad, its not same as if it were another member of their staff (making two separate cover-ups)
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
No. That isn't enough at this point

They should contract the team. Disperse the players via dispersal draft (aka bedard to SJ) and then expand to Salt Lake City (or wherever) in the summer
Trickster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: Random2152
No. That isn't enough at this point

They should contract the team. Disperse the players via dispersal draft (aka bedard to SJ) and then expand to Salt Lake City (or wherever) in the summer

Good luck with that lol.
exo2769 and drambui liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Chicago
The NHL is a joke when it comes to these situations. Rocky is gone. If the NHL deems the Blackhawks withheld information in the original investigation, then I think the board of governors will force the wirtz family to sell.
exo2769 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: NickC1988
The NHL is a joke when it comes to these situations. Rocky is gone. If the NHL deems the Blackhawks withheld information in the original investigation, then I think the board of governors will force the wirtz family to sell.

I'm not even sure the NHL would that to be honest. Rocky ran the show and I fully believe he knew what was going on before and McD was the scape goat. Rocky's dead so Bettman will blame the guy 6' under vs the family.

But for the record, I'm 100% ok with them being forced to sell the team.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:03 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Good luck with that lol.

I'm just saying what they deserve. Not what will happen. The whole team is rotten to the core and should be treated as such
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: exo2769
I'm not even sure the NHL would that to be honest. Rocky ran the show and I fully believe he knew what was going on before and McD was the scape goat. Rocky's dead so Bettman will blame the guy 6' under vs the family.

But for the record, I'm 100% ok with them being forced to sell the team.

I agree with you on all fronts, such a disgusting situation, but i'm not sure there will be any "justice" at this point. I say that very loosely.
exo2769 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
Chicago
I'm just saying what they deserve. Not what will happen. The whole team is rotten to the core and should be treated as such

The NHL would never relocate an original 6 team in the 3rd largest city in the United States when the NHL wants to expand in the US.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
The NHL would never relocate an original 6 team in the 3rd largest city in the United States when the NHL wants to expand in the US.

I don't want relocation. I want a blank slate. They can expand right back to Chicago for all I care
Trickster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
exo2769
I don't want relocation. I want a blank slate. They can expand right back to Chicago for all I care

And so your plan to tear the current players away from their families helps...how?
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
And so your plan to tear the current players away from the families helps...how?

It destroys an org that deserves to be destroyed. Simple as.

NHL has done similar things before (for different reasons ofc), the mechanisms are already in place.
Fold the team, dispersal draft, expand (get that sweet expansion money). Salt Lake is ready to go as soon as next year, that's why I suggested them.
Trickster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
exo2769
It destroys an org that deserves to be destroyed. Simple as.

NHL has done similar things before (for different reasons ofc), the mechanisms are already in place.
Fold the team, dispersal draft, expand (get that sweet expansion money). Salt Lake is ready to go as soon as next year, that's why I suggested them.

When did the NHL do it before?
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:17 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

You know you can just google this right?
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:19 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Also 1978 too
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:34 p.m.
exo2769

Also 1978 too

I really just needed you to type anything at all. Because it's just BS. A new owner that ALSO owned the Denver Nuggets requesting Board of Governer approval to move a team is NOT remotely close to forcing a team to sell.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:37 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I really just needed you to type anything at all. Because it's just BS. A new owner that ALSO owned the Denver Nuggets requesting Board of Governer approval to move a team is NOT remotely close to forcing a team to sell.

It is amazing that you are so utterly incapable of getting a point. How did you even get this conclusion?

We're talking about in place mechanisms that were used for different reasons. I never suggested they were the same
Trickster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:41 p.m.
exo2769
It is amazing that you are so utterly incapable of getting a point. How did you even get this conclusion?

We're talking about in place mechanisms that were used for different reasons. I never suggested they were the same

That's not even true. No you're in a circular reference. The NHL isn't forcing players to split from their families. Stupid idea. It's not like they're tearing down the United Center to build a new hockey arena. Change ownership, fine. I'm on board. Let's do it. Change the team name/jersey (has it's own set of issues)/ etc... Fine. On board. Move a team to just re open another team, but the players need to move away from their families...yet you're going to start a new franchise in CHI and bring in new players??? Stupid idea.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:43 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
That's not even true. No you're in a circular reference. The NHL isn't forcing players to split from their families. Stupid idea. It's not like they're tearing down the United Center to build a new hockey arena. Change ownership, fine. I'm on board. Let's do it. Change the team name/jersey (has it's own set of issues)/ etc... Fine. On board. Move a team to just re open another team, but the players need to move away from their families...yet you're going to start a new franchise in CHI and bring in new players??? Stupid idea.

I never said Chicago. I said they could do that if they wanted to when asked.

The Blackhawks org is rotten and needs to be destroyed. This is the mechanism to do so.
Players get moved around all the time. It's totally normal and not as big a deal as you're making it.

And again, the team wouldn't be moved. That isn't how that works. You still haven't gotten a grasp on the conversation, so I'm not going to waste more time on you
Trickster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
Edited Nov. 5, 2023 at 6:06 p.m.
This isn't new. We already knew about "Black Ace 1". The Blackhawks organization hired Jenner and Block to investigate because of Kyle Beach's allegations and the lawsuit he filed. "Black Ace 1" was already revealed within that investigation. This is now his own lawsuit pertaining to the same person, Brad Aldrich, and the same situation. I am not saying this as an excuse. I agree with you. I don't think the Wirtz's or the league have done enough in regards to this situation, and I would be all for a change of ownership, depending on who it is, of course. But, before you go spreading misinformation, you should just know that this is related to the scandal that we already know about.

Essentially, "Black Ace 1" had originally reported to Jenner and Block that he was not sexually assaulted because he didn't realize that what happened to him could be categorized as sexual assault.
Edit:
*This was FALSE* Also, no one knew anything about "Black Ace 1" until the Jenner and Block report came out. According to the Jenner and Block report, "Black Ace 1" did not speak to anyone or report anything at the time that was "glossed over" or ignored like Kyle Beach did. *This was FALSE*

He did report it at the time back in 2010 and no one did anything about it. But, as I said previously, he did not report it during the Jenner and Block investigation as sexual assault because he did not realize at the time that what happened to him could be categorized as sexual assault or harassment. Which you would think someone would have informed him of at some point.
exo2769 and SlickWilly liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
I never said Chicago. I said they could do that if they wanted to when asked.

The Blackhawks org is rotten and needs to be destroyed. This is the mechanism to do so.
Players get moved around all the time. It's totally normal and not as big a deal as you're making it.

And again, the team wouldn't be moved. That isn't how that works. You still haven't gotten a grasp on the conversation, so I'm not going to waste more time on you

Get off your high horse. The entire league is rotten along with most of the owners, and most leagues, and most corporations, and most sports. This happens to young MALE players and everyone loses their minds. But how many times have team office workers and women who work in the league been mistreated, assaulted, harrassed, raped, etc. and no one holds those organizations to the same standard. I absolutely agree that more needs to be done, but to act like this isn't a corporate culture, and sport culture issue, and that it is only the Blackhawks organization, is completely ignorant. I can guarantee you there are many teams with equally or even more egregious cover ups that we don't, and never will, know about, and people who are too scared to ever come forward.

Corporations and profit generating organizations wanted "Citizens United" to recognize them as people when it comes to issues of money, but when it comes to social issues they dissociate and want everyone to believe corporations are just machines with no accountability.
Earth liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 2:23 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Garak
Get off your high horse. The entire league is rotten along with most of the owners, and most leagues, and most corporations, and most sports. This happens to young MALE players and everyone loses their minds. But how many times have team office workers and women who work in the league been mistreated, assaulted, harrassed, raped, etc. and no one holds those organizations to the same standard. I absolutely agree that more needs to be done, but to act like this isn't a corporate culture, and sport culture issue, and that it is only the Blackhawks organization, is completely ignorant. I can guarantee you there are many teams with equally or even more egregious cover ups that we don't, and never will, know about, and people who are too scared to ever come forward.

Corporations and profit generating organizations wanted "Citizens United" to recognize them as people when it comes to issues of money, but when it comes to social issues they dissociate and want everyone to believe corporations are just machines with no accountability.

Wow. This is just embarassing. I'd be humiliated if I thought and then typed all this out.
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll