SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

The owners should be forced out of the league

Nov. 5, 2023 at 3:23 p.m.
As stated above, when considering the implications of this new lawsuit, this information was already available to the league coming from the first Jenner and Block investigation. I would be surprised if the league penalized them again for the results of the same investigation. This is simply a new lawsuit from one of the already known victims.

In terms of punishment, there is literally nobody left that was involved or was proven to have known about it. Toews and Campbell probably knew, but you cant punish people based on "probably knew". You have to have definitive evidence. The league should have come down harder on those proven involved. The names should be removed from the cup. Quenneville and Bowman shouldnt be allowed to come back to the league. McDonough and McIsaac as well. Rocky is dead. At this point, what more can you do to punish the team when those involved are already gone? This wasnt a crime involving hockey. This was a crime involving people. Punishing the team further does nothing to teach Quenneville and Bowman a lesson.
Garak liked this.
Nov. 5, 2023 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152
Wow. This is just embarassing. I'd be humiliated if I thought and then typed all this out.

Not my problem if you can't comprehend what I say and need a scapegoat to give you an excuse to remain ignorant to systemic and culture issues. It's obvious that your knowledge of the entire situation is very surface level.

I think you are the one that should be embarrassed for thinking that dismantling an original six team with an enormous fan base in one of the largest markets in the league, is the answer. Or, that an organization that has essentially had a complete turnover from the regime that was in place when any of this happened, and financed the investigation themselves, and released those findings publicly knowing how damning they were, is "rotten to the core."
Earth liked this.
Nov. 6, 2023 at 7:35 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Garak
Not my problem if you can't comprehend what I say and need a scapegoat to give you an excuse to remain ignorant to systemic and culture issues. It's obvious that your knowledge of the entire situation is very surface level.

I think you are the one that should be embarrassed for thinking that dismantling an original six team with an enormous fan base in one of the largest markets in the league, is the answer. Or, that an organization that has essentially had a complete turnover from the regime that was in place when any of this happened, and financed the investigation themselves, and released those findings publicly knowing how damning they were, is "rotten to the core."

You should say that to the victims and see how that flies.

There should be no limit for the Black Hawks to continue to apologize and pay for this, none whatsoever.
Anything else is unacceptable on a human level.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 7:17 a.m.
Quoting: Trickster
You should say that to the victims and see how that flies.

There should be no limit for the Black Hawks to continue to apologize and pay for this, none whatsoever.
Anything else is unacceptable on a human level.

I mean... Kyle Beach agrees and said as much publicly. So, there's that. I never said there should be a limit to the price the Blackhawks should pay. I don't think they have done enough, nor could they ever truly make up for the way that was handled. These things are not mutually exclusive. They are systemic issues that are beyond evident in clubs and corporations all over the world. Corporate culture, sports culture, and hockey culture are the things that are ACTUALLY rotten to the core. Suggesting they should completely fold the team is just an oversimplification that doesn't solve any problems and will never happen. Especially one that is already completely different from the players all the way up to the owner, albeit ownership still resides in the family. Which, a forced sale is something I would totally support, but is also unlikely to ever happen, unless there is a change in the leadership group at the top of the league itself.
Earth liked this.
Jan. 18 at 2:09 a.m.
Edited Jan. 18 at 2:16 a.m.
Get off your high horse. The entire league is rotten along with most of the owners, and most leagues, and most corporations, and most sports. This happens to young MALE players and everyone loses their minds. But how many times have team office workers and women who work in the league been mistreated, assaulted, harrassed, raped, etc. and no one holds those organizations to the same standard. I absolutely agree that more needs to be done, but to act like this isn't a corporate culture, and sport culture issue, and that it is only the Blackhawks organization, is completely ignorant. I can guarantee you there are many teams with equally or even more egregious cover ups that we don't, and never will, know about, and people who are too scared to ever come forward.

Corporations and profit generating organizations wanted "Citizens United" to recognize them as people when it comes to issues of money, but when it comes to social issues they dissociate and want everyone to believe corporations are just machines with no accountability.

Wow. This is just embarassing. I'd be humiliated if I thought and then typed all this out.

I'm actually embarrassed for you by your response to Garak. Seems like you just want a reason to **** on the Blackhawks than advocate for the actual issue at hand.

Here are some examples spanning multiple teams and leagues to educate yourself:
- Scott Stevens, Dino Ciccarelli, Geoff Courtnall and Neil Sheehy rape a 17 year old girl
- 2018 Hockey Canada
- Carcillo Hazing and sexual assault allegations while playing in the OHL
- Lasse Uusivirta faced rape charges and fled the country
- Michael Minard pleads guilty on sexual misconduct charges involving a 13 year old girl
- Michael McBain sexually assaults a 12 year old girl

Oh, and here's one for your favorite team - The Maple Leaf Garden Sex Scandal
Garak liked this.
Jan. 18 at 7:07 a.m.
Quoting: Earth
I'm actually embarrassed for you by your response to Garak. Seems like you just want a reason to **** on the Blackhawks than advocate for the actual issue at hand.

Here are some examples spanning multiple teams and leagues to educate yourself:
- Scott Stevens, Dino Ciccarelli, Geoff Courtnall and Neil Sheehy rape a 17 year old girl
- 2018 Hockey Canada
- Carcillo Hazing and sexual assault allegations while playing in the OHL
- Lasse Uusivirta faced rape charges and fled the country
- Michael Minard pleads guilty on sexual misconduct charges involving a 13 year old girl
- Michael McBain sexually assaults a 12 year old girl

Oh, and here's one for your favorite team - The Maple Leaf Garden Sex Scandal

Imagine being such a homer you think pointing out other atrocities makes your team look less horrific.

Grow up and get a grip
Random2152 liked this.
Jan. 18 at 7:31 a.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Imagine being such a homer you think pointing out other atrocities makes your team look less horrific.

Grow up and get a grip

Looks like the point went completely over your head. Not surprising, though.
Earth liked this.
Jan. 18 at 9:12 a.m.
Looks like the point went completely over your head. Not surprising, though.

And what point is that?
Jan. 18 at 9:20 a.m.
And what point is that?

I'm not explaining it to you if you don't get, and I'm done re-engaging in a conversation that's been over for two months. It's a waste of time. Literally just read the entire conversation or don't comment. If you did read the entire conversation and this is still the conclusion you come to, I very much question your comprehension skills.
Jan. 18 at 9:29 a.m.

Grow up and get a grip

Not the point.

For the fact Random2152 would be
humiliated if I thought and then typed all this out.

to the statements of
but to act like this isn't a corporate culture, and sport culture issue, and that it is only the Blackhawks organization, is completely ignorant. I can guarantee you there are many teams with equally or even more egregious cover ups that we don't, and never will, know about, and people who are too scared to ever come forward.

I am letting him know that it's actually humiliating to think otherwise. But yeah, please let me know where I was trying to make the Blackhawks Brad Aldrich issue look less horrific through that.
Garak liked this.
Jan. 18 at 10:22 a.m.
I'm not explaining it to you if you don't get, and I'm done re-engaging in a conversation that's been over for two months. It's a waste of time. Literally just read the entire conversation or don't comment. If you did read the entire conversation and this is still the conclusion you come to, I very much question your comprehension skills.

I have like 10 comments in this thread.

I also have comments in hockey Canada threads (btw, plenty of consequences for leadership members of that outfit in what likely will result in criminal and civil charges, odd flex to bring that up)
Jan. 18 at 10:22 a.m.
Not the point.

For the fact Random2152 would be

to the statements of

I am letting him know that it's actually humiliating to think otherwise. But yeah, please let me know where I was trying to make the Blackhawks Brad Aldrich issue look less horrific through that.

So then what was your whataboutism for?
Jan. 18 at 10:30 a.m.
So then what was your whataboutism for?

Examples showing there is a hockey culture issue ≠ whataboutisms
Garak liked this.
Jan. 18 at 10:42 a.m.
I have like 10 comments in this thread.

I also have comments in hockey Canada threads (btw, plenty of consequences for leadership members of that outfit in what likely will result in criminal and civil charges, odd flex to bring that up)

Flex? Who was flexing? You obviously don't comprehend anything that was said or you wouldn't be ascribing such a connotation to my words or character. Good job being an ignorant, bias driven, fake rage champion, who only sees what they want to see and uses these things as ammunition against a team you don't like rather than actually caring about the issue at hand. No one ever said there shouldn't be consequences or accountability, but as it currently stands, no one is left in the Blackhawks organization that had anything to do with it. So... go pound sand, dude.
Earth liked this.
Jan. 18 at 11:03 a.m.
Flex? Who was flexing? You obviously don't comprehend anything that was said or you wouldn't be ascribing such a connotation to my words or character. Good job being an ignorant, bias driven, fake rage champion, who only sees what they want to see and uses these things as ammunition against a team you don't like rather than actually caring about the issue at hand. No one ever said there shouldn't be consequences or accountability, but as it currently stands, no one is left in the Blackhawks organization that had anything to do with it. So... go pound sand, dude.

I have nothing against Chicago aside from this incident. Take away this incident they wouldn't touch my top 20 least favorite teams.

You keep making it about Fandom to excuse abuse.
Jan. 18 at 11:03 a.m.
Examples showing there is a hockey culture issue ≠ whataboutisms

Yes, almost the exact definition. "You want to talk about this but what about this?" is literally whataboutism
Jan. 18 at 11:20 a.m.
Edited Jan. 18 at 12:03 p.m.
I have nothing against Chicago aside from this incident. Take away this incident they wouldn't touch my top 20 least favorite teams.

You keep making it about Fandom to excuse abuse.

When have I ever excused abuse? I have, on many occasions, stated plain as day that I don't think CHI can ever truly have done enough or said enough to fix what happened. But to ascribe these issues to a single logo, name, organization, and team, that has almost 100% turnover since that happened, while overlooking the systemic issues in sports and corporate culture, is just you being ignorant. You just want a scapegoat for these issues, something you can throw away so you can just pretend everything is better. But if you get rid of the Blackhawks, a team that financed the investigation into themselves, released the damning evidence to the public, cleaned house, and is almost an entirely different organization than they were at that point, the problems will still be there.

So, YOU are the one who wants to excuse abuse by wrapping it up in a neat little package as if getting rid of CHI fixes the real problems.
Earth liked this.
Jan. 18 at 11:42 a.m.
Yes, almost the exact definition. "You want to talk about this but what about this?" is literally whataboutism

Well, if you read the comment I quoted you would see the conversation at this point was about corporate / sports culture issues. So no, my examples were not whataboutism.
Garak liked this.
Mar. 8 at 9:50 p.m.
Bedard23
The owner who oversaw that **** is dead, what do we do? Can’t do anything to the current man in charge because his involvement was nonexistent

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll