SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

What is Verbeek Doing?

Sep. 3, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
LosPatos
So it’s currently September 3, and league wide training camps will begin in less than 3 weeks.

Trevor Zegras and Jamie Drysdale are still unsigned.

What the hell is Verbeek doing? I understand players holding out but this is Zegras and Drysdale’s first real contract?

To add into the confusion we sign Zack Kassian, one of the worst players in the league last year, to a PTO?

What is Verbeek Doing?
OldNYIfan liked this.
LosPatos
LosPatos
Sep. 3, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Verbeek is going hard on "tough to play against" that he felt the team should have exhibited last year. There's also apparently some minimum veteran limit for preseason games that Kassian may satisfy without getting an actual NHL deal.

As to Zegras and Drysdale, playing chicken with the agents to ensure it's a good deal for the team.
Sep. 3, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that other than an effort to trade Adam Henrique or Jakob Silfverberg, Verbeek is done with roster moves (unless there's a waiver-wire pickup during training camp). I expect both Trevor and Jamie to be signed before camp starts.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 1:56 p.m.
The Z lack of contract is starting to get concerning and I hope to god he doesn't get a bridge as is being reported by "insiders". It would be fine, it just mucks up all the ACGMs I have created for 3 years down the line lol.

Other than that, I am still on board with the Verplan. Ownership must have told him he is guaranteed 3 years as GM because he seems to be setting this team up for next offseason to make some additions and actually try to start competing. I dont get the feeling he wants to be competitive this year, just improved enough to keep his job. I just think he is content icing a 20th-25th place team this year, which is fine if he makes some moves next offseason.

I will say though, if we are a bottom 5 team again this year, I am going to be a little upset. Hopefully we can play in the O-zone this year so we dont have to watch our team scramble in the D-zone for 60 minutes a night
LosPatos liked this.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 8:29 a.m.
Matt Hendricks Sucks
Hey,

Dudes,

I know I wasn't included in this discussion, but I am definitely interested to see how this turns out for Anaheim.

Great drafting by this team.

I am a HUGE fan of this Terry contract.

I am a Verbeek fan, and like what he has done for Anaheim.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before these two are signed to deals that everyone involved can be happy with.
LosPatos and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Zegras and Drysdale were both at informal practice today in Irvine.

@Salzy @LosPatos @TrevorsZebras
Sep. 9, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Salzy LosPatos TrevorsZebras

Do we know that for sure. Or was it just a rumor
Sep. 10, 2023 at 12:54 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: LosPatos
Do we know that for sure. Or was it just a rumor

People who were at the rink posted it to reddit. Take that as you will, since it's not a media source I can't imagine why they would lie about that.
LosPatos liked this.
Sep. 10, 2023 at 10:13 a.m.
People who were at the rink posted it to reddit. Take that as you will, since it's not a media source I can't imagine why they would lie about that.

I did see Jamie was at their golf thing too along with someone saying they saw Trevor at John Wayne
LosPatos liked this.
Sep. 14, 2023 at 4:59 p.m.

Salzy LosPatos TrevorsZebras

Im late to the party, but can confirm. My buddy said he saw them both at Great Park Ice @salzy @lospatos
LosPatos liked this.
Oct. 6, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Looks like everyone's under contract, no doubt some feathers were ruffled in the negotiations, but both the kids are under three years deals, that's a lot of time for water to pass under the bridge. Now Verbeek has to make this team competitive in three years time to make sure everyone wants to stay.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll