SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Opinions on Mailloux

Jul. 29, 2023 at 12:43 a.m.
ds16
I’ve heard everything from career AHLer to top-pairing NHLer, I want to hear what you all think.

I see him as a future 3rd pairing, full-time NHLer. But he’s not there yet.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:03 a.m.
You know nothing JS
The next Aaron Ekblad.

6'4", 215 lbs top 3 defenseman who can put in 15 goals a years, but needs a steady partner (Ghule) because of a lack of speed and Hockey IQ. Physical but prone to injuries.

And don't even start about both players draft rank. It doesn't matter.
ds16 and CBA liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:22 a.m.
See you space cowboy
Forever haunted by his scandal, but likely a 2nd or 3rd pair guy.
ds16 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:13 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Offensively it’s hard to deny that he doesn’t have top pairing talent.
Defensively basically everywhere it’s reported he has huge deficiencies that needs to improve if he even wants to consider playing in the NHL.

So overall I’m optimistic. You “can’t teach offense”, so at least he’s got that covered. I have no problem with him starting in Laval, and working on his defensive game. He’s very much that “long term project” that has big upside.

At the end of the day, I’d say a #4-5 Dman is a safe bet. If things go great during his development, he has the potential of a top pairing guy. and if things go bad, he never gains the coaches trust in his own zone and becomes more of a fringe depth NHLer.
ds16 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:44 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Offensively it’s hard to deny that he doesn’t have top pairing talent.
Defensively basically everywhere it’s reported he has huge deficiencies that needs to improve if he even wants to consider playing in the NHL.

So overall I’m optimistic. You “can’t teach offense”, so at least he’s got that covered. I have no problem with him starting in Laval, and working on his defensive game. He’s very much that “long term project” that has big upside.

At the end of the day, I’d say a #4-5 Dman is a safe bet. If things go great during his development, he has the potential of a top pairing guy. and if things go bad, he never gains the coaches trust in his own zone and becomes more of a fringe depth NHLer.

The lowest for him is probably a 4/5 at the NHL level if he's defensively deficient. Then it will be top pairing AHL D-man. Can't imagine a 7th guy being an OFD unless they still have hope for him.
ds16 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:12 a.m.
See him as a solid number 3 or 4 option in his prime. Hutson and Reinbacher are the Crown Jewels imo for the Habs.
ds16 liked this.
Aug. 3, 2023 at 11:55 a.m.
You know nothing JS
FYI I just read about Mark Hunter, DG for the London Knights, saying how Mailloux is the best Dman propspect of the team since John Carlsson.

That means passing over Evan Bouchard, Adam Boqvist, Nikita Zadorov and Olli Maatta.

Pretty good.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
Hopefully a top 4 dman
Mailloux & Barron are probably locks for the 2nd & 3rd pairing Right side
IMO Mailloux ceiling is way higher than Barron, but Barron floor is higher
Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Harris or Xhekaj-Barron
If one of Harris or Xhekaj traded, I could see Engstrom and Trudeau being 7th-8th dman
jpsnow13 liked this.
Mar. 24 at 11:29 p.m.
Zamboni driver
Top 4 D

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll