SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Continuous Frustration - Rant Warning

Jun. 27, 2023 at 2:51 p.m.
LosPatos
I’ll start by saying - I’m becoming very impatient.

Starting pre deadline to today, it seems the Ducks have made zero moves to try and build a competitive team for next year. I’m getting a feeling that next year is going to be the same excuse as last year:

“We like our roster and want to see where we go before we make changes”

Changes to bottom 3 teams since the end of the season:

Chicago: Added Taylor Hall, drafting Connor Bedard and are rumored into signing Domi and Tarasenko. All moves to move forward

Columbus: Added Severson and Added Provorov, drafting one of Fantilli or Carlsson

Anaheim: Undecided on a clear pick (Fantilli) and rumored to gamble on Michkov. Hired a (questionable) head coach that likely is for development over competitiveness. Rumored to zero free agents, cannot find a trade partner for Gibson, released Comtois for free.

It just seems to me that we’re so conservative now and it’s frustrating. So tired of waiting around, hoping that we instantly getting better
Jun. 27, 2023 at 2:51 p.m.
LosPatos
@OldNYIFan
@GiggywithGibby
@GeneralLandro

Thoughts? Also feel free to add anyone
Jun. 27, 2023 at 3:05 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I sympathize with your sense of urgency but I think we have to be patient to wait until the first week of free agency is over before making any judgments. But if by Sunday the 8th we haven't signed the likes of Graves or Soucy or Dumba or acquired even a bottom-6 RhD like Cody Ceci, then we should hit the alarm button.

At least Ducks fans are better off than Kings fans, being tortured over a period of many days for Rob Blake to gut that franchise by acquiring Pierre-Luc DuBois.

@Lenny7
@Salzy
LosPatos and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 3:08 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I sympathize with your sense of urgency but I think we have to be patient to wait until the first week of free agency is over before making any judgments. But if by Sunday the 8th we haven't signed the likes of Graves or Soucy or Dumba or acquired even a bottom-6 RhD like Cody Ceci, then we should hit the alarm button.

At least Ducks fans are better off than Kings fans, being tortured over a period of many days for Rob Blake to gut that franchise by acquiring Pierre-Luc DuBois.

Lenny7
Salzy

I’d be more frustrated if on Thursday we draft all 9 picks.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 7:31 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I bet Agozzino for Sustr made your heart go pitty-pat.
Manson liked this.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 7:52 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I bet Agozzino for Sustr made your heart go pitty-pat.

LOL. Blockbuster trade once again. Think we’ve made more AHL transaction trades in the past year than NHL in the last three years
OldNYIfan and Manson liked this.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 7:16 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Columbus is ahead of us in the rebuild, they frankly shouldn't have been a bottom 3 team this season. It's not surprising they took big swings.

Chicago is perplexing, they traded out the youth in Debrincat and Dach, lost their two franchise players, and then decided they don't have the appetite for a long rebuild now that they got Bedard. Feels like they are F***ing this up and Bedard will be stuck in neutral on a middling team for years because Chicago isn't going to allow themselves to develop a farm system.

I also think the head coach will be a good choice. I don't need us back in the playoffs next season, I need to see Zegras and crew take major steps forward. I don't want us getting blown out on a nightly basis, but competitive loses I'm fine with, I want to watch hockey, not a gore flick.

I don't see a reason for Verbeek to do anything until FA, he made it clear he doesn't want to move Gibson, he keeps things close to the vest. Yeah, it would be more interesting for us to know, but in Verbeek we must trust.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 7:49 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Columbus is ahead of us in the rebuild, they frankly shouldn't have been a bottom 3 team this season. It's not surprising they took big swings.

Chicago is perplexing, they traded out the youth in Debrincat and Dach, lost their two franchise players, and then decided they don't have the appetite for a long rebuild now that they got Bedard. Feels like they are F***ing this up and Bedard will be stuck in neutral on a middling team for years because Chicago isn't going to allow themselves to develop a farm system.

I also think the head coach will be a good choice. I don't need us back in the playoffs next season, I need to see Zegras and crew take major steps forward. I don't want us getting blown out on a nightly basis, but competitive loses I'm fine with, I want to watch hockey, not a gore flick.

I don't see a reason for Verbeek to do anything until FA, he made it clear he doesn't want to move Gibson, he keeps things close to the vest. Yeah, it would be more interesting for us to know, but in Verbeek we must trust.

Still defending Verbeek after the last 15 minutes?
Jun. 28, 2023 at 7:56 p.m.
45 for Norris.
Quoting: LosPatos

You don’t like Leo?
Jun. 28, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
Quoting: Manson
You don’t like Leo?

Either way it was a good pick
Manson liked this.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 8:23 p.m.
Future Ducks legend

Hell yes, I've thought Leo was the right pick for weeks, I'm stoked.
GeneralLandro liked this.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 8:26 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Hell yes, I've thought Leo was the right pick for weeks, I'm stoked.

I was on the Fantilli train but I had right behind him

I also trust the drafting of the Ducks — I think I had the exact reaction to McTavish a couple years ago and it’s looking solid. I had the same reaction to Gaucher and I’m real happy about that pick as well
Jun. 28, 2023 at 8:31 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: GeneralLandro
I was on the Fantilli train but I had right behind him

I also trust the drafting of the Ducks — I think I had the exact reaction to McTavish a couple years ago and it’s looking solid. I had the same reaction to Gaucher and I’m real happy about that pick as well

I’m hoping you guys are right. Really disappointed missing out on Fantilli.

If anything I’m trusting Madden more than anyone. If it was his voice who was the loudest about Carlsson, then I’ll be behind it.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 8:55 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I’m hoping you guys are right. Really disappointed missing out on Fantilli.

If anything I’m trusting Madden more than anyone. If it was his voice who was the loudest about Carlsson, then I’ll be behind it.

I honestly believe that Carlsson is the better player. Looking at Fantillis highlights and his EliteProspects video, the guy forces things. He's gotten away with it this far being the strongest guy in the ice through junior and NCAA, but I think he's going to hit a wall at the NHL level where most players are as strong, or stronger.

Carlsson let's plays develop, his hockey IQ is full on Galaxy brain. He can develop a play out of nothing as opposed to charging in without support like Fantilli does.
Manson and Lactic_Flaccid liked this.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 3:35 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Hol-e-o sh*t lads. That new sweater is a hack job. I got no problems with the logo but the old Eggplant, Jade, and Silver looks like **** with thin horizontal stripes.

Not one I will be adding to my collection for sure.
Lactic_Flaccid liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll