SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

Holtz Sent Down To Utica

Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:42 p.m.
Devils Guy
Glad he got sent down so he can get some playing time. I know he was practicing with the Devils but you gotta think actually playing would be better for his development. Playing 8-10 mins with the Devils when he would play isn't ideal for his development. Let me know what you guys think.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:46 p.m.
If they don't have a 3rd scoring line that he fits on and he can't make the top 6 either, then he's definitely better off playing in the AHL. There isn't any urgency to win now either, so no need to try rushing him in. Staying up in the NHL does have it's perks though.
DevilsFanZack13 liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
If they were to trade him...he would have been in Utica all along.
If there is a corresponding move...like a trade coming...we now know it won't include Holtz.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Stovetop
Sharks need some more scoring power with the Cuda. Come on over Holtz.

In all seriousness, regardless of if he goes to the Sharks or not, seemed like this should have happened ages ago for his development.
I am curious if there is a deal getting close though and the Sharks just need to see more of him, and the only way that's going to happen is if he's in the AHL.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:55 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: GMBL
If they don't have a 3rd scoring line that he fits on and he can't make the top 6 either, then he's definitely better off playing in the AHL. There isn't any urgency to win now either, so no need to try rushing him in. Staying up in the NHL does have it's perks though.

Yes it does. He gets paid more, gets to train and practice with the Devils and their coaching staff. Unfortunately playing only 19 games, averaging 9mins/game isn't going to help him.
GMBL liked this.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:57 p.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If they were to trade him...he would have been in Utica all along.
If there is a corresponding move...like a trade coming...we now know it won't include Holtz.

The Sharks will more likely play Holtz in the AHL this year if they were to get him. They want their young guys playing meaningful games in bigger roles. Eklund and Bordeleau are easily NHL ready, but they want them in those roles
Feb. 17, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
The Sharks will more likely play Holtz in the AHL this year if they were to get him. They want their young guys playing meaningful games in bigger roles. Eklund and Bordeleau are easily NHL ready, but they want them in those roles

Okay...but I don't think this move is related to deadline, sharks, etc. They are just getting him reps.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 1:47 p.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Okay...but I don't think this move is related to deadline, sharks, etc. They are just getting him reps.

Agreed, but I also don't think it rules out a potential move either
Feb. 17, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
Agreed, but I also don't think it rules out a potential move either

I doubt it rules anything in or out.

But if they were looking to trade him, or use him as a chip, he would have been down in Utica months ago.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll