Forums/Armchair-GM

Journey into the dark side

Created by: Dullard
Team: 2016-17 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: May 19, 2016
Published: May 19, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Thought I would peek at what the cupboard holds for the Leafs... likely my first and last foray into Leaf nation. Queue 1 star ratings now.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$5,000,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Matthews, Austin
3$925,000
4$6,000,000
6$5,500,000
2$3,000,000
Trades
TOR
    Rights to RFA Andersen
    ANA
    1. Greening, Colin ($1,325,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    2016 1st round pick (PIT)
    2016 2nd round pick(TOR)
    2016 2nd round pick (WAS)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$74,000,000$70,306,167$512,000$2,940,000$3,693,833
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 7
    Matthews, Austin
    $925,000$925,000
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    RW, LW, C
    UFA - 2
    $4,200,000$4,200,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $653,333$653,333 (Performance Bonus$207,500$208K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $686,667$686,667 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 5
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 5
    $4,050,000$4,050,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $4,150,000$4,150,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 19, 2016 at 2:41 p.m.
    leafs1967again
    So a late 1st and a 2nd? Doubt ANA touches this. They need an impact player for the present.
    May 19, 2016 at 3:38 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Well Dullard, let me help you open the cupboard a little more.
    IMO, Leafs don't go after a goalie this season (at least an expensive one). Still got one year of Bernier, and one of Sparks and Bibeau will likely get NHL action. Bibeau has come on, and would hate to see him exposed if their is expansion in the summer of 2017.
    Defence: Dermott will play in the AHL next year, Harrington may not even by resigned by the Leafs. Connor Carrick looks like a near lock to be on the Leafs next year. Played well last year and has excelled with the Marlies. Maybe Frank Corrado. Marincin looks like he has earned a play for next year also. For Luke's sake, I can't see him coming back to the Leafs. Demers or a guy like him, I would think the Leafs might sign a cheaper short term UFA Dman. Valiev might be the first call up as he starts his second year with the Marlies
    Forwards. Think you have almost nailed the on the team. Kapanen will start with the Marlies and age 20 needs heavy minutes, but he has come on and could very well be an NHLer. You left out RWer Hyman who at age 23, first year pro at is a fast riser. Seems to work well with Nylander at centre. Since Nylander has played centre all year with the Leafs and Marlies, I'm assuming he stays at centre. That slips Bozak to the fourth line centre....pretty nice. Josh Leivo starts his fourth year pro as a LW or RWer. Looks like he should make the Leafs.
    Soshinov 23 year old Russian who played for Leafs but mostly the Marlies in his first year in North American looks like a Leaf next year at LW or RW.. New depth on LW with the Marlies is Andreas Johnson from Sweden, Tishavov from Ukraine/Sweden/Shawinghan. So for a rebuilding team, Ladd is not needed for the Leafs. Leafs will keep Greening...he played well last year, or if doesn't make the Leafs, the Marlies are waiting for this Toronto boy.
    Salary cap....no guarantees that Lupul and Robidas are full LTIR for cap relief.
    May 19, 2016 at 5:37 p.m.
    CaptainWheels
    Looks like I have more homework to do before I dabble in other team's kitchens. It would seem that the Jets and Leafs are similar in high end prospects but the jets seem to have the edge at this point in their respective rebuilds in depth in all positions. Tough to add it all at once. Leafs sure could use an impact rhd and goaltender.
    May 19, 2016 at 5:42 p.m.
    americanadian
    Quoting: palhal
    IMO, Leafs don't go after a goalie this season (at least an expensive one). Still got one year of Bernier, and one of Sparks and Bibeau will likely get NHL action. Bibeau has come on, and would hate to see him exposed if their is expansion in the summer of 2017.
    Defence: Dermott will play in the AHL next year, Harrington may not even by resigned by the Leafs. Connor Carrick looks like a near lock to be on the Leafs next year. Played well last year and has excelled with the Marlies. Maybe Frank Corrado. Marincin looks like he has earned a play for next year also. For Luke's sake, I can't see him coming back to the Leafs. Demers or a guy like him, I would think the Leafs might sign a cheaper short term UFA Dman. Valiev might be the first call up as he starts his second year with the Marlies
    Forwards. Think you have almost nailed the on the team. Kapanen will start with the Marlies and age 20 needs heavy minutes, but he has come on and could very well be an NHLer. You left out RWer Hyman who at age 23, first year pro at is a fast riser. Seems to work well with Nylander at centre. Since Nylander has played centre all year with the Leafs and Marlies, I'm assuming he stays at centre. That slips Bozak to the fourth line centre....pretty nice. Josh Leivo starts his fourth year pro as a LW or RWer. Looks like he should make the Leafs.
    Soshinov 23 year old Russian who played for Leafs but mostly the Marlies in his first year in North American looks like a Leaf next year at LW or RW.. New depth on LW with the Marlies is Andreas Johnson from Sweden, Tishavov from Ukraine/Sweden/Shawinghan. So for a rebuilding team, Ladd is not needed for the Leafs. Leafs will keep Greening...he played well last year, or if doesn't make the Leafs, the Marlies are waiting for this Toronto boy.
    Salary cap....no guarantees that Lupul and Robidas are full LTIR for cap relief.

Dermott and Timashov (not Tishavov) are not eligible to play on the Marlies next year. Sosh and Hyman are both RW's, we do not have LW depth. Ladd would be perfect for this team.
    May 20, 2016 at 1:21 a.m.
    Halla
    1st and two 2ds for Andersen. that is just silly. take out the wsh pick and the first and its closer
    May 20, 2016 at 1:24 a.m.
    Halla
    Quoting: americanandian

Dermott and Timashov (not Tishavov) are not eligible to play on the Marlies next year. Sosh and Hyman are both RW's, we do not have LW depth. Ladd would be perfect for this team.

Sosh and Hyman both can play LW, check out a marlies game once in a while

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll