SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - General Discussion Thread

Nov. 3, 2017 at 7:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Turner33
Quoting: TonyStrecher

Spurgeon is definitely better than Vatanen. I don't think this trade needs to be reversed. It's nowhere near as bad as a number of other trades that have gone through.

The other 3-way trade is definitely unfair in my opinion. It probably should be reversed, but keep in mind that Schenn seems to have ridiculous value in this game (see Tavares trade(which was worse than this one))

When Marco comes in and offers JT 13 mil for 7yr and I lose him next year, will the JT trade still look bad then?

the thing i notice though was that i offered Chabot, Turris, Smith, and a 1st, or something like that and he took your offer instead.
I think that if a team makes a bunch of deals that don't turn out to be good trades for that team, the GMs might get fired. Undoing trades does not happen in the real NHL. I mean, if we get something like that time when the Penguins made a bunch of joke trades in v1, the BOE could undo those trades if they really feel like a deal was made 100% as a joke, but otherwise tis' the GM's problem if they eventually get fired for that.

PS: I am now taking offers on Alex Formenton as it doesn't look like i'm gonna get what i want for Claesson at the moment.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 8:47 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Just my two cents on todays drama. In real life GMs are all trying to do what is best for their team and that sometimes means claiming a player off waivers that another team wants to keep. They all understand that each GM is doing everything he can to help their team win and they don't take things too personally.

On the other hand GMs try to stay on good terms with each other sometimes to the detriment of their own teams. This is made especially clear by the fact that there are almost no offer sheets.

I think that every GM needs to make a better effort to stay on good terms with all (yes every single one) of their fellow GMs. We also have to remember that this is a game and hopefully everyone is trying to win, don't take it personally if another GM does something that you don't like.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 9:37 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Turner33

When Marco comes in and offers JT 13 mil for 7yr and I lose him next year, will the JT trade still look bad then?

the thing i notice though was that i offered Chabot, Turris, Smith, and a 1st, or something like that and he took your offer instead.
I think that if a team makes a bunch of deals that don't turn out to be good trades for that team, the GMs might get fired. Undoing trades does not happen in the real NHL. I mean, if we get something like that time when the Penguins made a bunch of joke trades in v1, the BOE could undo those trades if they really feel like a deal was made 100% as a joke, but otherwise tis' the GM's problem if they eventually get fired for that.

PS: I am now taking offers on Alex Formenton as it doesn't look like i'm gonna get what i want for Claesson at the moment.

Look what happened with NYI. No one wants them because of how bad they are now after 5 bad trades.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 9:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Just my two cents on todays drama. In real life GMs are all trying to do what is best for their team and that sometimes means claiming a player off waivers that another team wants to keep. They all understand that each GM is doing everything he can to help their team win and they don't take things too personally.

On the other hand GMs try to stay on good terms with each other sometimes to the detriment of their own teams. This is made especially clear by the fact that there are almost no offer sheets.

I think that every GM needs to make a better effort to stay on good terms with all (yes every single one) of their fellow GMs. We also have to remember that this is a game and hopefully everyone is trying to win, don't take it personally if another GM does something that you don't like.

I agree. Some people have been unhappy about the fact that i haven't made any trades yet, though the Senators have had a good start, so i don't want to make any major changes yet, so i'm doing what i think is best for my team.
Duster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2017 at 2:51 p.m.
This axis no meaning
Now I'm retiring forever. Bye guys.
Nov. 5, 2017 at 3:28 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Icegirl

Werent you a GM? can i have an AGM Spot to takeover your team lol
Nov. 5, 2017 at 3:36 p.m.
This axis no meaning
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

As long as the BOE doesn't uphold the penalty, then I strongly encourage you to take MIN. But you shouldn't be punished for something you didn't do, so if the BOE keeps the penalty on MIN, don't take it.
Duster liked this.
Nov. 5, 2017 at 3:42 p.m.

As long as the BOE doesn't uphold the penalty, then I strongly encourage you to take MIN. But you shouldn't be punished for something you didn't do, so if the BOE keeps the penalty on MIN, don't take it.

I think the penalty is reversed.
Nov. 5, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.
WentWughes

What is the Penalty?
Nov. 5, 2017 at 5:23 p.m.
WentWughes
Edited Nov. 5, 2017 at 5:36 p.m.

What is the Penalty?
Nov. 5, 2017 at 6:41 p.m.

What is the Penalty?

Draft pick revocation
Nov. 5, 2017 at 7:24 p.m.
This axis no meaning
As long as I'm no longer involved with Minny, the new guy should not lose any picks. It's only fair to him.

Now seriously. Another GM pulls an extremely underhanded, disrespectful move on me, and I tell him what I think of it. Now I'm the bad guy?
Duster, krakowitz and jmac490 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:41 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Zach
Thank you

smile

Quoting: DavidBooth7
Love you 4eva

Quoting: jmac490
With hopefully my last comment on this site, I would like to thank you for having this idea for a game. I'm sorry that this game has turned into a drama filled shitshow. I want to apologize to you in advance if this game dies... Which it's looking like it might. It was a good idea, brought together a lot of hockey fans. I wish the game could have turned out better for the sake of everyone involved.

Quoting: Mr_cap
With hopefully my last comment on this site, I would like to thank you for having this idea for a game. I'm sorry that this game has turned into a drama filled shitshow. I want to apologize to you in advance if this game dies... Which it's looking like it might. It was a good idea, brought together a lot of hockey fans. I wish the game could have turned out better for the sake of everyone involved.

Yup, thanks RAIF.

P.s, jmac unblock just wanna chat

I got these 4 comments on my GM Game page. I believe the MIN GM has quite as well? Could someone tell me what is going on? Something strange seems to be happening. I've been off the site for most of the day, so i'm not up to date with the recent stuff that's happened in the game. Thanks.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:47 a.m.
Thank you

smile

Love you 4eva

Yup, thanks RAIF.

I got these 4 comments on my GM Game page. I believe the MIN GM has quite as well? Could someone tell me what is going on? Something strange seems to be happening. I've been off the site for most of the day, so i'm not up to date with the recent stuff that's happened in the game. Thanks.

Lmao! I tell you what, you trade me Chabot for Rieder and I'll tell you all about it! laugh
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:48 a.m.
This axis no meaning
Thank you

smile

Love you 4eva

Yup, thanks RAIF.

You missed a lot, RAIF. Basically, Booth went berserk and got banned. Because of that, I, and a bunch of other people who were planning on quitting, probably will not after all. (I'll still quit if I don't get my picks back.)

There was a lot of drama, though. When you created this game, I don't think you envisioned that so much drama would happen because of it. We appreciate that you made this game, and we're sorry that it probably has not turned out like you hoped it would. We'll do our best in the future to keep the drama down, restoring this game to be much closer to what you wanted it to be.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 8:27 a.m.
WentWughes
Let me be GM and i promise not to cause drama smile
jmac490 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 8:51 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I have just found out that Booth has been banned and I am now GM of the Panthers, right? What is the process I need to go through to get the team running again?
Nov. 6, 2017 at 9:19 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: EthanK24
I have just found out that Booth has been banned and I am now GM of the Panthers, right? What is the process I need to go through to get the team running again?

Just dont F it up.

I think youre gonna have to wait cuz Booth selfishly deleted his team and the BOE has all the info on trades, etc.. so just wait on word from them.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:08 a.m.

I say you just get Toronto at this point
Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:09 a.m.
WentWughes

I say you just get Toronto at this point

Ill take whatever team i am offered
Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:45 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Just dont F it up.

I think youre gonna have to wait cuz Booth selfishly deleted his team and the BOE has all the info on trades, etc.. so just wait on word from them.

OK
Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:46 a.m.
Lets Go Blues

Just dont F it up.

OK

If you get antsy, all the trades should be listed in the Official Trades Thread.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:58 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: AK_tune

OK

If you get antsy, all the trades should be listed in the Official Trades Thread.

Yeah, I'll start making the team now.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:09 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: AK_tune

Welcome to the game!
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: krakowitz

Welcome to the game!

Thanks!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: