SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Potential Major Trade between Avalanche & Bruins

Sep. 14, 2017 at 4:57 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: ON3M4N
Quoting: JeffMacKensie
Signed Beleskey (5 yrs) ... acquired forward Jimmy Hayes ... signed Backes (5 yrs) ... ... About Beleskey & Backes, we'll see

Not sure why people keep shitting on Beleskey for 1 year. The guy was coming back from a major injury last year and missed a lot of time. Backes had a down year production wise, but that was expected after uprooting his life in STL and going to Boston. The Hayes deal wasn't a huge loss lol. Smith towards the end at Boston was terrible and would shoot pucks right at the goalie. If those are the 3 biggest issues, then he's doing fine.

- Marchand & Pasta locked up for 300k more then McDavid will get next year
- Fired CJ which was long past due
- Built a team that made the playoffs
- Has had HUGE success in the drafts (McAvoy/Carlo/JFK/Studnicka/DeBrusk/Lauzon)

on and he's been the B's GM for just over 2 years...not bad considering the **** show he was handed thanks to PC.

I can't say DeBrusk would be a "huge success", considering he passed on guys like Barzal, Chabot, Boeser, Eriksson-Ek, Connor, Samsonov, and a few other guys. I won't include Aho, because that guy came out of nowhere after the draft
Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:07 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz

Not sure why people keep shitting on Beleskey for 1 year. The guy was coming back from a major injury last year and missed a lot of time. Backes had a down year production wise, but that was expected after uprooting his life in STL and going to Boston. The Hayes deal wasn't a huge loss lol. Smith towards the end at Boston was terrible and would shoot pucks right at the goalie. If those are the 3 biggest issues, then he's doing fine.

- Has had HUGE success in the drafts (McAvoy/Carlo/JFK/Studnicka/DeBrusk/Lauzon)

on and he's been the B's GM for just over 2 years...not bad considering the **** show he was handed thanks to PC.

I can't say DeBrusk would be a "huge success", considering he passed on guys like Barzal, Chabot, Boeser, Eriksson-Ek, Connor, Samsonov, and a few other guys. I won't include Aho, because that guy came out of nowhere after the draft

I'm not sure I'm following on how DeBrusk can't be a success because of guys drafted after him. Shouldn't his success be determined by his own play/performance and not a draft ranking list?
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:18 p.m.

Again, what non Bruin fans don't understand is the Bruin way is to have most of their prospects spend time in the minors learning the pro game first. That's what DeBrusk is doing. He will play the NHL, only a matter of time....
Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.

I'm not sure I'm following on how DeBrusk can't be a success because of guys drafted after him. Shouldn't his success be determined by his own play/performance and not a draft ranking list?

Exactly.......why do Bruin fans always have to be the smart ones????
Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: PaulDunnill

636128761479635466-716079768_articleeyer
TheTown, krakowitz, Barathrum_Obama and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

636128761479635466-716079768_articleeyer

haha
Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Edited Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:35 p.m. by Jarvis

He can be a success, but if there are legitmate star players taken after him and he's nothing more than a middle-six winger, it's not a "huge success" like you said.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:25 p.m.
Edited Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:35 p.m. by Jarvis

He can be a success, but if there are legitmate star players taken after him and he's nothing more than a middle-six winger, it's not a "huge success" like you said.

Now for the actual discussion....Which guy taken after DeBrusk is currently an NHL star? It funny that you're basing everything on on personal preference vs what they've actually done. DeBrusk could turn out to be a 30+ goal / 70+ pt guy, we don't know and all the guy behind him that you like so much could bust, we don't know. From a team need and how Boston like to play though, DeBrusk brings the style of play that's perfect for our system.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.

Now for the actual discussion....Which guy taken after DeBrusk is currently an NHL star? It funny that you're basing everything on on personal preference vs what they've actually done. DeBrusk could turn out to be a 30+ goal / 70+ pt guy, we don't know and all the guy behind him that you like so much could bust, we don't know. From a team need and how Boston like to play though, DeBrusk brings the style of play that's perfect for our system.

He's just a Bruin hater
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.
I'm a Skatman

He's just a Bruin hater

and you are a two-man-echo-chamber. kiss already

re@DeBrusk: he was projected to go later. the draft was just two years ago, so it's hard to tell who will become a legitimate star, but let's take a look:
-Barzal #16 projects to be pretty good, was a consensus pick for #13
-Chabot #18 is one of the top prospects on D entering the league
-Svechnikov #19 could be one of the cornerstones of the new Detroit
-Samsonov #22 is speaheading a potentially great generation of russian goaltenders (Sorokin, Shestyorkin)
-Boeser #23, same thing as Svechnikov
-Konecny, #24, made the NHL out of camp
in between: Kyle Connor, Eriksson-Ek, Colin White. all of them are either close to the NHL or made their debut already and are looking forward to NHL careers. further out: Roslovic, Beauvillier. same for them.
take off your god damn fan goggles for once, it's getting really really REALLY annoying
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:40 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

He's just a Bruin hater

re@DeBrusk: he was projected to go later. the draft was just two years ago, so it's hard to tell who will become a legitimate star, but let's take a look:
-Samsonov #22 is speaheading a potentially great generation of russian goaltenders (Sorokin, Shestyorkin)
in between: Kyle Connor, Eriksson-Ek, Colin White. all of them are either close to the NHL or made their debut already and are looking forward to NHL careers. further out: Roslovic, Beauvillier. same for them.
take off your god damn fan goggles for once, it's getting really really REALLY annoying

Soooo you admit that you can't tell whose going to be a legit star and then say to take the fan goggles off. The funny part is at no point have a I said that DeBrusk will be a better player than anyone you listed, so I'm not sure where the fan goggles comment comes into play. For Boston (and I've said this before), I like the DeBrusk pick. Sometimes the "best player" is the best fit for a team and at the end of the day are you not trying to draft/develop players that fit your system?
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.

Soooo you admit that you can't tell whose going to be a legit star and then say to take the fan goggles off. The funny part is at no point have a I said that DeBrusk will be a better player than anyone you listed, so I'm not sure where the fan goggles comment comes into play. For Boston (and I've said this before), I like the DeBrusk pick. Sometimes the "best player" is the best fit for a team and at the end of the day are you not trying to draft/develop players that fit your system?

It's just so easy to hate the Bruins.....
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.
I'm a Skatman

it's impossible to argue with you two.
De Brusk "could" develop into a 70 point player, but you can't predict with a 100% chance that the guys drafted after him (who every scout projected to be better [even with their imperfect methods]) and everyone who doesn't agree just hates the Bruins.
arguing with this is tiresome and pointless, so please troll somewhere else.

"and at the end of the day are you not trying to draft/develop players that fit your system"

this is a void statement. you are just twisting things in your favor in order to agree with yourself that da Broons are da best xDDD. if you refuse to acknowledge that there's really no point in arguing with you whatsoever.
Sep. 25, 2017 at 12:41 a.m.

it's impossible to argue with you two.
De Brusk "could" develop into a 70 point player, but you can't predict with a 100% chance that the guys drafted after him (who every scout projected to be better [even with their imperfect methods]) and everyone who doesn't agree just hates the Bruins.
arguing with this is tiresome and pointless, so please troll somewhere else.

"and at the end of the day are you not trying to draft/develop players that fit your system"

this is a void statement. you are just twisting things in your favor in order to agree with yourself that da Broons are da best xDDD. if you refuse to acknowledge that there's really no point in arguing with you whatsoever.

Wow.

I think you might be generalizing a bit when you say "every scout projected players drafted after him to be better" So who's trolling.....

If you re-read the whole topic......

It was said that Sweeney is a crap GM because he drafted DeBrusk before some other players mentioned. And the other players were named "stars" before even playing in the NHL! Bruin fans are simply saying we like Sweeney's choice of DeBrusk because he fits the Bruin mold which is to attempt to draft players that are generally physical in style and/or bring high compete levels every game they play - not just pure scoring talent or whatever. This is what DeBrusk does, this is why the Bruin management like him, and this is why Bruin fans like the choice that Sweeney made. That is ALL we were saying, well what ON3M4N said actually, but I happen to agree with him too.

Nail Yakupov was drafted pretty high pretty recently too. What has he done??

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll