Forums/Armchair-GM

Bye Bye Breadman

Created by: JJohnsonBurner
Team: 2024-25 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 2, 2024
Published: Jun. 2, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
1.4 million left over to get someone good at the deadline. Most notably a better defender and bottom 6 depth.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
6$9,000,000
4$5,000,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (TBL)
  2. 2025 4th round pick (WPG)
SJS
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [RFA Rights]
NYR
  1. 2025 4th round pick (NYR)
CHI
  1. Lindgren, Ryan [RFA Rights]
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,700,000$86,235,214$512,500$532,500$1,464,786
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 4
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
RFA - 1
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$820,000$820,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
RFA
$1,275,000$1,275,000 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 2 at 4:46 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: FunMustBeAlways
Sharks accept but I think Kakko is being undervalued here

Kakko has been my favorite player since he was drafted. Absolutely love him. However, idk how much more value he has.
Jun. 2 at 4:49 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: GMBL
You and the other Ranger fans are expecting too much from him. An 8.5M 1C is basically just another guy when it comes to 1Cs. If he's getting PPG in regular season, putting up some points in playoffs like he did, can't expect much more. He's a star player, not a superstar. It sounds to me you guys basically want him to be a 10M+ C on a budget deal like Draisaitl or JT Miller who no fans wanted on here 2-years ago once he got his extension, especially Rangers fans.

Not particularly. If you want to contend, you need more from your 1C and your top line in general. What annoys rangers fans the most is the never ending carousel on the first line that never seems to work. Only Buch ever fit like a glove on that line ( as did Vatrano, briefly ). Trocheck and his contract soften the blow for now but if you’re the rangers it has to be frustrating when your star players tend to disappear. Even at his peak, he was always a streaky player. On a team that needs consistency he seems to hurt us sometimes, although he is still a good player.
Jun. 2 at 4:50 p.m.
aecliptic
Quoting: JJohnsonBurner
I agree that the rangers should make all of those moves if possible, but I don’t think it would all be within one trade. I think the trouba trade would have to be separate. Take off trouba and a first in that deal and I honestly think that could be done. It would hurt to retain that much money on Zibanejad for that long, so I’d look to maybe soften that blow. But I would definitely part with Zibanejad, Othmann, and picks for Tkachuk. It’s just hard to get complex deals like that done for a future star like Tkachuk. I do like the idea though.

I think with Trouba, what Id do is try to strike a deal with Detroit since thats home, theyre a fringe playoff team and he would likely waive his NTC for it. Trouba (1.5m retained) for a 3rd round pick and Petry. We could then choose to hold onto Petry as a 3RD, waive him or flat out buy him out clearing another 1m off the books.
Jun. 2 at 4:55 p.m.
KFTW
I agree that the rangers should make all of those moves if possible, but I don’t think it would all be within one trade. I think the trouba trade would have to be separate. Take off trouba and a first in that deal and I honestly think that could be done. It would hurt to retain that much money on Zibanejad for that long, so I’d look to maybe soften that blow. But I would definitely part with Zibanejad, Othmann, and picks for Tkachuk. It’s just hard to get complex deals like that done for a future star like Tkachuk. I do like the idea though.

If the Sens move Brady they’re not gonna wanna help now. They’re gonna want 19-22 year old pieces that can help them in 2-3 years and beyond
Jun. 2 at 5:02 p.m.
Yes

I do too but not that stupid lol
JJohnsonBurner liked this.
Jun. 2 at 5:06 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: csick
If the Sens move Brady they’re not gonna wanna help now. They’re gonna want 19-22 year old pieces that can help them in 2-3 years and beyond

I get that but I think Panarin could definitely help them in 2-3 years and beyond with an extension. He just had a career year. I don’t think he just falls off a cliff.
Jun. 2 at 5:06 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: aecliptic
I think with Trouba, what Id do is try to strike a deal with Detroit since thats home, theyre a fringe playoff team and he would likely waive his NTC for it. Trouba (1.5m retained) for a 3rd round pick and Petry. We could then choose to hold onto Petry as a 3RD, waive him or flat out buy him out clearing another 1m off the books.

I definitely would not be opposed
Jun. 2 at 5:07 p.m.
KFTW
I get that but I think Panarin could definitely help them in 2-3 years and beyond with an extension. He just had a career year. I don’t think he just falls off a cliff.

He’s 32.

Sens are gonna want pieces like Nemec , Boldy, Mercer , Jarvis, Laf etc . Not guys a decade older
Jun. 2 at 5:08 p.m.
This team won the Presidents trophy, swept the Caps and almost swept the Canes... how does a guy playing on what's considered a 1A/1B line situation, someone considered one of the top goal scorers in the league end up without a goal for 10 straight games in the playoffs and points in only 1 game in 6 games vs Florida? He was virtually invisible.

It's playoffs, games get tight. Look at how many goals Matthews and Pastrnak had in the playoffs, or even Tkachuk who . Canes almost got swept but they are a strong defensive team and a lot of those games were decided by one goal just like the ECFs. Against FLR, he's going up against the Selke Trophy winner. Quite a few Selke Trophy winners who won the cup or were finalists, and others who won the cup/were finalists the year before or after). Shesterkin was better but Bobrovsky still played great and even shut the door in game 1. FLR and even CAR dominated the game play in many of those games. It's not much of a surprise that Zibanejad had one goal in 10-games (only 4 were wins).
Jun. 2 at 5:15 p.m.
Jack Johnson
He’s 32.

Sens are gonna want pieces like Nemec , Boldy, Mercer , Jarvis, Laf etc . Not guys a decade older

I know. That’s why I’m thinking Chytil and Othmann would be good. Still a fun thought to entertain. I’m honestly a big fan of what tkachuk could bring id be willing to give up a lot. And im sure he’ll bring in a lot if moved.
csick liked this.
Jun. 2 at 5:16 p.m.
KFTW
I know. That’s why I’m thinking Chytil and Othmann would be good. Still a fun thought to entertain. I’m honestly a big fan of what tkachuk could bring id be willing to give up a lot. And im sure he’ll bring in a lot if moved.

Every team would want Tkachuk . He’s a rare breed
Jun. 2 at 5:16 p.m.
aecliptic
It's playoffs, games get tight. Look at how many goals Matthews and Pastrnak had in the playoffs, or even Tkachuk who . Canes almost got swept but they are a strong defensive team and a lot of those games were decided by one goal just like the ECFs. Against FLR, he's going up against the Selke Trophy winner. Quite a few Selke Trophy winners who won the cup or were finalists, and others who won the cup/were finalists the year before or after). Shesterkin was better but Bobrovsky still played great and even shut the door in game 1. FLR and even CAR dominated the game play in many of those games. It's not much of a surprise that Zibanejad had one goal in 10-games (only 4 were wins).

Zero goals in 10 games.

How do you explain completely abandoning a physical game? Literally avoiding contact at all costs. How do you explain numerous horrible turnovers? The only time Zib was noticeable was on replays of Florida coming on an odd man rush the other way. How about the turnover he caused which cost the Rangers the game?

This is why I said, Im not as critical of Panarin because Florida was absolutely hawking the guy but he still was able to not only made an adjust be to be more physical in his game, but would do things that dont show up on the score sheet to allow Trocheck and LAF to make plays.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 2 at 5:17 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Every team would want Tkachuk . He’s a rare breed

100%. Hard to find a player that could impact the game as much as he could. I’d LOVE to see him with any playoff team ( unless they are playing the rangers) haha.
csick liked this.
Jun. 2 at 5:17 p.m.
aecliptic

I dont know what your obsession is with Chytil, his value is at an all time low right now. Ottawa would want Schneider, Perreault, Othmann, Sykora, Berard... 1sts, lots of 1sts
Jun. 2 at 5:19 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Zero goals in 10 games.

How do you explain completely abandoning a physical game? Literally avoiding contact at all costs. How do you explain numerous horrible turnovers? The only time Zib was noticeable was on replays of Florida coming on an odd man rush the other way. How about the turnover he caused which cost the Rangers the game?

This is why I said, Im not as critical of Panarin because Florida was absolutely hawking the guy but he still was able to not only made an adjust be to be more physical in his game, but would do things that dont show up on the score sheet to allow Trocheck and LAF to make plays.

Great point made here. He shied away and decision making was definitely questionable, as Game 4 showed.
Jun. 2 at 5:25 p.m.
KFTW
I dont know what your obsession is with Chytil, his value is at an all time low right now. Ottawa would want Schneider, Perreault, Othmann, Sykora, Berard... 1sts, lots of 1sts

I don’t think ottawa would want a quantity package like this. If he wants out they’ll look for a team wanting to swap a young Laf or Nemec type piece for Tkachuk that ottawa can build around
Jun. 2 at 5:27 p.m.
Not particularly. If you want to contend, you need more from your 1C and your top line in general. What annoys rangers fans the most is the never ending carousel on the first line that never seems to work. Only Buch ever fit like a glove on that line ( as did Vatrano, briefly ). Trocheck and his contract soften the blow for now but if you’re the rangers it has to be frustrating when your star players tend to disappear. Even at his peak, he was always a streaky player. On a team that needs consistency he seems to hurt us sometimes, although he is still a good player.

It's fair to say you need a better 1C, and I won't say that Zibanejad isn't streaky but that's what you get for 8-8.5M really. Maybe this team needs a shakeup and that's why moving him would make sense but the assumption would be that they are taking a step back and not really trying to be a true contender. I get losing sucks, and it's frustrating when your stars can't put you over the top, but at the same time need to have realistic expectations for guys and probably should acknowledge that without their stars, the Rangers, or any other contender are not making the playoffs or are losing in the first round. Just remember it could always be worse, it's not like Zibanejad or Panarin this year were as bad as Panarin was last year in the playoffs. Whenever McDavid and Draisaitl get shutdown and lose, and one or both would face criticism despite putting up ridiculous numbers in the playoffs despite carrying that team for so long. They only have a decent roster aside from them now after adding Hyman, Kane, Ekholm and the emergence of Bouchard and to a lesser degree Skinner.
Jun. 2 at 5:30 p.m.
Jack Johnson

I know his value would be lower now but I’d move him for three reasons. 1 he’s young and Ottawa is looking for that. 2 he has term. 3 he’s being paid 4.4 million as a 3C where our 4C is getting 3.6. We saw this year our team is very capable without him so if he could be used in the deal I wouldn’t be opposed at all.
Jun. 2 at 5:35 p.m.
Jack Johnson
It's fair to say you need a better 1C, and I won't say that Zibanejad isn't streaky but that's what you get for 8-8.5M really. Maybe this team needs a shakeup and that's why moving him would make sense but the assumption would be that they are taking a step back and not really trying to be a true contender. I get losing sucks, and it's frustrating when your stars can't put you over the top, but at the same time need to have realistic expectations for guys and probably should acknowledge that without their stars, the Rangers, or any other contender are not making the playoffs or are losing in the first round. Just remember it could always be worse, it's not like Zibanejad or Panarin this year were as bad as Panarin was last year in the playoffs. Whenever McDavid and Draisaitl get shutdown and lose, and one or both would face criticism despite putting up ridiculous numbers in the playoffs despite carrying that team for so long. They only have a decent roster aside from them now after adding Hyman, Kane, Ekholm and the emergence of Bouchard and to a lesser degree Skinner.

To be fair, it couldn’t be much worse than panarin last year in the playoffs haha. I know what you are saying and I agree with your points but it just gets tiring when it’s the theme. Right now, I think most ranger fans like me are just coping by saying panarin or Mika should go and are making all these flashy couch GM moves right now. In reality, we all know the core will stay in tact. I made a more realistic version of what I think will happen in a prior lineup I posted today. I think the rangers can do it with this core, however Trouba needs to go. That’s it. Buyout trouba ( 4 million cap hit) or in a miracle trade him and retain two million. They’ll keep the D as it is ( give jones a full time spot finally ) and maybe sign Marchessault which I don’t necessarily agree with. Run it back. They got beat by an almost perfectly constructed playoff team who deserved it more.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 2 at 5:36 p.m.
aecliptic
I know his value would be lower now but I’d move him for three reasons. 1 he’s young and Ottawa is looking for that. 2 he has term. 3 he’s being paid 4.4 million as a 3C where our 4C is getting 3.6. We saw this year our team is very capable without him so if he could be used in the deal I wouldn’t be opposed at all.

Yea but as csick says, Ottawa doesnt need a guy like Chytil. Id trade Chytil for Pinto if that was an option, but theres no way that he nor Kakko even start the needle that gets Tkachuk.
Jun. 2 at 5:37 p.m.
aecliptic
To be fair, it couldn’t be much worse than panarin last year in the playoffs haha. I know what you are saying and I agree with your points but it just gets tiring when it’s the theme. Right now, I think most ranger fans like me are just coping by saying panarin or Mika should go and are making all these flashy couch GM moves right now. In reality, we all know the core will stay in tact. I made a more realistic version of what I think will happen in a prior lineup I posted today. I think the rangers can do it with this core, however Trouba needs to go. That’s it. Buyout trouba ( 4 million cap hit) or in a miracle trade him and retain two million. They’ll keep the D as it is ( give jones a full time spot finally ) and maybe sign Marchessault which I don’t necessarily agree with. Run it back. They got beat by an almost perfectly constructed playoff team who deserved it more.

They dont need to buy out Trouba, they can easily trade him with retention I think. His NTC is where it will get tricky.
Jun. 2 at 5:39 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Yea but as csick says, Ottawa doesnt need a guy like Chytil. Id trade Chytil for Pinto if that was an option, but theres no way that he nor Kakko even start the needle that gets Tkachuk.

This may be true. And I do agree kakko would not move the needle at all. Othmann and picks for sure. Sykora and Berard as well. I’d absolutely hate giving Perreault away but at the end of the day if that is what it takes…
Jun. 2 at 5:40 p.m.
Jack Johnson
They dont need to buy out Trouba, they can easily trade him with retention I think. His NTC is where it will get tricky.

The more I look into the Detroit situation the more I think it could happen.
Jun. 2 at 5:43 p.m.
aecliptic
This may be true. And I do agree kakko would not move the needle at all. Othmann and picks for sure. Sykora and Berard as well. I’d absolutely hate giving Perreault away but at the end of the day if that is what it takes…

What I always say is these are trades where youre offering spokes on a wheel. A bunch of depth and maybes, not a single bona fide top 6 starter.
Jun. 2 at 5:47 p.m.
Jack Johnson
What I always say is these are trades where youre offering spokes on a wheel. A bunch of depth and maybes, not a single bona fide top 6 starter.

Hence, Panarin

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll