Forums/Armchair-GM

Bye Bye Breadman

Created by: JJohnsonBurner
Team: 2024-25 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 2, 2024
Published: Jun. 2, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
1.4 million left over to get someone good at the deadline. Most notably a better defender and bottom 6 depth.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
6$9,000,000
4$5,000,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (TBL)
  2. 2025 4th round pick (WPG)
SJS
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [RFA Rights]
NYR
  1. 2025 4th round pick (NYR)
CHI
  1. Lindgren, Ryan [RFA Rights]
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,700,000$86,235,214$512,500$532,500$1,464,786
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 4
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
RFA - 1
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$820,000$820,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
RFA
$1,275,000$1,275,000 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 2 at 4:15 p.m.
Panarin is better now but he’s a lot older than Tkachuk and only has two years left. Makes no sense for Ottawa
GMBL and SociallyHawkward liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:16 p.m.
Panarin doesn’t waive
GMBL and SociallyHawkward liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:18 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Panarin is better now but he’s a lot older than Tkachuk and only has two years left. Makes no sense for Ottawa

I honestly think a 1 for 1 would work for both teams. Maybe teams learned from the huberdeau trade but it at least stirs the pot. There’s no way the sens don’t think about it.
Jun. 2 at 4:20 p.m.
Do you think Ottawa is stupid
FoxYou727, Sjbackseatgm, GMBL and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:20 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: glarson17
Do you think Ottawa is stupid

Yes
Jun. 2 at 4:21 p.m.
Rather have Tkachuk over Panarin
Hawksguy81, csick and Bedsy_Burner liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:21 p.m.
I’d consider taking a flyer on kakko
Jun. 2 at 4:22 p.m.
aecliptic
Quoting: JJohnsonBurner
I honestly think a 1 for 1 would work for both teams. Maybe teams learned from the huberdeau trade but it at least stirs the pot. There’s no way the sens don’t think about it.

Ottawa isnt trading Tkachuk for a 30 year old LW. I can also guarantee that Panarin wont waive to go there. I also dont think he was as much of a problem as Mika was because although Panarin wasnt scoring, all the attention he garnered opened up play for Trocheck and LAF. Panarin also made adjustments to his game and gained a slight physical edge to it even though it wasnt particularly great but he atleast tried. Mika was avoiding all contact at any and all costs.
csick, GMBL and Bedsy_Burner liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:24 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: Sjbackseatgm
I’d consider taking a flyer on kakko

At his current value, I think it could be a steal for a team. He’s a defensively sound middle six winger with decent potential. He gets in the way of himself by not taking the shot, which was his valuable asset coming into the NHL. I think with a right team he could be a decent player, just doesn’t fit on the Rangers anymore.
Sjbackseatgm liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:27 p.m.
Hawks decline. They don't need another LD. Hawks would probably make the Kakko trade though.
Jun. 2 at 4:29 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: aecliptic
Ottawa isnt trading Tkachuk for a 30 year old LW. I can also guarantee that Panarin wont waive to go there. I also dont think he was as much of a problem as Mika was because although Panarin wasnt scoring, all the attention he garnered opened up play for Trocheck and LAF. Panarin also made adjustments to his game and gained a slight physical edge to it even though it wasnt particularly great but he atleast tried. Mika was avoiding all contact at any and all costs.

I don’t necessarily disagree with this. I argued how the panthers ( who already are an amazing defensive team ) just knew how to be all over panarin. They were practically face guarding him which definitely helped laf ( also trocheck but more noticeably laf ). It’s just that Mika just can’t be moved. I don’t see any path to him leaving. I do think a 1C being paid 8.5 absolutely needs to do more. It is also a question if Mika was hurt after that crosscheck he got early in the playoffs since he was great until that moment, but he also disappeared for a lot of the regular season too. In terms of panarin, I just think if you could get rid of him it opens the door to redistribute the money in who you are paying. Trading him for Tkachuk, which might need to be sweetened by the rangers after a second thought, opens up the possibility to not only have tkachuk but also guentzel ( a bonafide playoff performer ). If possible, the rangers should definitely do it.
Jun. 2 at 4:29 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Hawks decline. They don't need another LD. Hawks would probably make the Kakko trade though.

To be honest I just moved Lindgren to a random team I didn’t look into that one much haha. Exchange the Blackhawks for anyone who needs him.
RicXX liked this.
Jun. 2 at 4:31 p.m.
KFTW

Yup ottawa isn’t trading a 24 year old stud for any player who’s best years are behind him
Jun. 2 at 4:32 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Quoting: csick
Yup ottawa isn’t trading a 24 year old stud for any player who’s best years are behind him

Now if a player like Chytil or picks were involved would it make sense? Just curious because if including Chytil and a second in there would make it make sense for Ottawa, I would do that if I were the rangers and I’d adjust this plan accordingly to that.
Jun. 2 at 4:35 p.m.
aecliptic
I don’t necessarily disagree with this. I argued how the panthers ( who already are an amazing defensive team ) just knew how to be all over panarin. They were practically face guarding him which definitely helped laf ( also trocheck but more noticeably laf ). It’s just that Mika just can’t be moved. I don’t see any path to him leaving. I do think a 1C being paid 8.5 absolutely needs to do more. It is also a question if Mika was hurt after that crosscheck he got early in the playoffs since he was great until that moment, but he also disappeared for a lot of the regular season too. In terms of panarin, I just think if you could get rid of him it opens the door to redistribute the money in who you are paying. Trading him for Tkachuk, which might need to be sweetened by the rangers after a second thought, opens up the possibility to not only have tkachuk but also guentzel ( a bonafide playoff performer ). If possible, the rangers should definitely do it.

I dont think Panarin would waive his NMC to go anywhere. Which I think is the same problem with Mika. However, if SJS can move Hertl's albatross contract (coming off knee surgery nonetheless) , I have faith that if the Rangers tried to shop Mika they could move his as well.

I also think its imperative to move Trouba. 3 consecutive seasons under his captaincy of a failed playoff run after leading in a series. He's not worth 8m per. With 2m in retention Im sure there are teams out there that would take him.
Jun. 2 at 4:35 p.m.
aecliptic
Now if a player like Chytil or picks were involved would it make sense? Just curious because if including Chytil and a second in there would make it make sense for Ottawa, I would do that if I were the rangers and I’d adjust this plan accordingly to that.

Did you see my proposal for Tkachuck?
Jun. 2 at 4:38 p.m.
Jack Johnson
I dont think Panarin would waive his NMC to go anywhere. Which I think is the same problem with Mika. However, if SJS can move Hertl's albatross contract (coming off knee surgery nonetheless) , I have faith that if the Rangers tried to shop Mika they could move his as well.

I also think its imperative to move Trouba. 3 consecutive seasons under his captaincy of a failed playoff run after leading in a series. He's not worth 8m per. With 2m in retention Im sure there are teams out there that would take him.

If we could trade him with 2 mil retained I’d be extremely happy. I have the rangers just buying him out. If we could find a taker I’d slap on as many picks as it takes for that deal to go through. That would be huge for the rangers.
Jun. 2 at 4:38 p.m.
Jack Johnson

Let me check it out I’ll get back to you
Jun. 2 at 4:40 p.m.

Chytil probably needs a year to rebuild his value after missing nearly an entire season
csick and GMBL liked this.
KFTW

I think ottawa would target high end young pieces and/or top 10 picks
I do think a 1C being paid 8.5 absolutely needs to do more. It is also a question if Mika was hurt after that crosscheck he got early in the playoffs since he was great until that moment, but he also disappeared for a lot of the regular season too.

You and the other Ranger fans are expecting too much from him. An 8.5M 1C is basically just another guy when it comes to 1Cs. If he's getting PPG in regular season, putting up some points in playoffs like he did, can't expect much more. He's a star player, not a superstar. It sounds to me you guys basically want him to be a 10M+ C on a budget deal like Draisaitl or JT Miller who no fans wanted on here 2-years ago once he got his extension, especially Rangers fans.
Jun. 2 at 4:42 p.m.
Jack Johnson

I agree that the rangers should make all of those moves if possible, but I don’t think it would all be within one trade. I think the trouba trade would have to be separate. Take off trouba and a first in that deal and I honestly think that could be done. It would hurt to retain that much money on Zibanejad for that long, so I’d look to maybe soften that blow. But I would definitely part with Zibanejad, Othmann, and picks for Tkachuk. It’s just hard to get complex deals like that done for a future star like Tkachuk. I do like the idea though.
Jun. 2 at 4:44 p.m.
Sharks accept but I think Kakko is being undervalued here
Jun. 2 at 4:45 p.m.
Jack Johnson
Chytil probably needs a year to rebuild his value after missing nearly an entire season

I agree. What if the likes of Chytil and a first and a third were added. Or maybe Chytil and Othmann. I know at that point it starts to get unrealistic with all those moving pieces I’m just brainstorming. Panarin, Chytil, a first and a second? Maybe you have to swap in Othmann for a pick but regardless if I’m the rangers I would do that since we are spending a lot of money down the middle considering the goodrow contract. And if I’m the senators I would definitely be intrigued.
Jun. 2 at 4:45 p.m.
aecliptic
Quoting: GMBL
You and the other Ranger fans are expecting too much from him. An 8.5M 1C is basically just another guy when it comes to 1Cs. If he's getting PPG in regular season, putting up some points in playoffs like he did, can't expect much more. He's a star player, not a superstar. It sounds to me you guys basically want him to be a 10M+ C on a budget deal like Draisaitl or JT Miller who no fans wanted on here 2-years ago once he got his extension, especially Rangers fans.

This team won the Presidents trophy, swept the Caps and almost swept the Canes... how does a guy playing on what's considered a 1A/1B line situation, someone considered one of the top goal scorers in the league end up without a goal for 10 straight games in the playoffs and points in only 1 game in 6 games vs Florida? He was virtually invisible.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll