SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

ANA and LAK

Which of Anaheim and Los Angeles will make the 2018 playoffs?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Which of Anaheim and LA will make the playoffs in 2018?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.
HockeySen
Kings are going to have to do what the Bruins did over the past years. Stay competitive but not make the playoffs and trade for draft picks.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 5:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HockeySen
Kings are going to have to do what the Bruins did over the past years. Stay competitive but not make the playoffs and trade for draft picks.

thanks for voting
Jul. 31, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
I think you could add san jose to this list and the results still wont change
krakowitz liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:54 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HockeySen
Agreed.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Someone voted for the Kings.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:12 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Many more voted for the Ducks.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Many more voted for the Ducks.

but somebody voted for the Kings. I'm not the only one who thinks that then.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
and no, it wasn't me that voted for them. i haven't voted.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
I voted for the Kings, and that's because I'm a Kings fan. But I'm facing the reality, it is very unlikely the Kings will make the playoffs. It would be nice, but I don't think it is realistically going to happen. They started in the right step by cleaning house. I am kind of tired of seeing them score only 1 goal per game (if that). They hired an offensive coordinator which will hopefully help bring that up. Realistically, the only way the Kings are making the playoffs is if Kopitar puts up 65+ points, Carter puts up 60+ points, Doughty just does his thing, Quick has a full season with 37+ wins, and the biggest thing of all, the kings need secondary scoring out of guys like Toffoli, Pearson, Kempe, Lewis, Brown, etc. Also this is just me saying this but I think everyone underrates Muzzin.

With that said, all of this can happen, but they need to go out and get a 2nd line center. This would allow Carter to play the wing with Kopitar at center. The ideal situation would be for Vilardi to play that second line center so they don't need to give anyone up. That being unlikely, I would like the Kings to trade either Muzzin or Martinez for a guy like Adam Henrique.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rmay50
I voted for the Kings, and that's because I'm a Kings fan. But I'm facing the reality, it is very unlikely the Kings will make the playoffs. It would be nice, but I don't think it is realistically going to happen. They started in the right step by cleaning house. I am kind of tired of seeing them score only 1 goal per game (if that). They hired an offensive coordinator which will hopefully help bring that up. Realistically, the only way the Kings are making the playoffs is if Kopitar puts up 65+ points, Carter puts up 60+ points, Doughty just does his thing, Quick has a full season with 37+ wins, and the biggest thing of all, the kings need secondary scoring out of guys like Toffoli, Pearson, Kempe, Lewis, Brown, etc. Also this is just me saying this but I think everyone underrates Muzzin.

With that said, all of this can happen, but they need to go out and get a 2nd line center. This would allow Carter to play the wing with Kopitar at center. The ideal situation would be for Vilardi to play that second line center so they don't need to give anyone up. That being unlikely, I would like the Kings to trade either Muzzin or Martinez for a guy like Adam Henrique.

Kopitar should get 70+ points, Carter i think will get 60+, Doughty will do his thing, which is being the best d-man in the league, Quick will be great, Toffoli, Pearson, Kempe, Dowd, and Cammaleri should add some offence, and yeah, Muzzin is a good player.
Jul. 28, 2018 at 12:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I had Anaheim missing and LA making it ... everyone else had it the other way around ... i guess part of me is really smart ... and another part of me is not smart lol.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
i agree with rangersandislesfan on this one. I think LA makes the playoffs and ANA misses. LA was the best defensive team (in terms of GA) last season, and they only needed to improve their offense (which they have done). adding kovalchuk and assuming jeff carter wont miss 2/3's of the season is a big boost offensively.
orignalsix liked this.
Jul. 29, 2018 at 8:37 a.m.
I had Anaheim missing and LA making it ... everyone else had it the other way around ... i guess part of me is really smart ... and another part of me is not smart lol.

I voted the same as you. Maybe I'm not so smartConfused
rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit