Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Lmk
Trades
WPG
  1. Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
  2. Pulock, Ryan
Additional Details:
Jets need a top 4 rhd badly and with the emergence of dobson pulock is someone that may be available to address other needs. Hes got term which is great for the jets as they don't have to worry about a raise or leaving. He does have a full ntc but is from Manitoba and could waive to be a top 2 dman with Morrissey. JGP is a great middle sixer that is included for the cap purposes but he is good for 30-40 points while having good pk and playoff experience. Hes likely a 3rd liner but since he's another center gives the new coach options for lines (2c, 3rw, 3c, 4c, 4rw 2rw etc).

FYI I know all players have some level of ntc but I feel like the situation is too perfect for the players and teams involved that all parties benefit.
NYI
  1. Ehlers, Nikolaj
  2. Pionk, Neal
Additional Details:
NYI need more offense especially with transition. Ehlers is elite in transition and really could boom as every advanced stat shows ehlers should be getting 20 minutes a night but just gets around 16 which he has done great but could go insane for 80 plus points on a line with horvat and barzal. Pionk comes in to replace the top 4 minutes of pulock and can play pp pk and be reliable for 18 minutes a night which is more possible on nyi with Mayfield and dobson being other great minute munchers.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$83,500,000$86,967,858$0$865,000-$3,467,858
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,437,500$3,437,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Islanders
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 8 at 4:05 p.m.
Subbanator
Islanders do that in a heartbeat, don't know Winnipeg does though
May 8 at 4:10 p.m.
KFC
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Islanders do that in a heartbeat, don't know Winnipeg does though

I'll take that all day long for wpg
May 8 at 4:13 p.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: Jets12Kozy
I'll take that all day long for wpg

An overpaid fourth line center and a #4 dman?
May 8 at 4:20 p.m.
NYI
I've wanted Ehlers for several years but his injury history scares me. I love Pulock so that's why I'm on the fence but I think we'd have to take that if the offer was there
May 8 at 4:21 p.m.
NYI

JGP isn't a 4C
MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 8 at 4:24 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Pageau and Pulock are neither of those.
May 8 at 4:28 p.m.
I would rather have Kyle Connor in the trade instead of Ehlers. Interested to see if NYI would do the trade if it was Connor and Pionk for Pulock and Pageau.
May 8 at 4:33 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Feelers4Ehlers
I would rather have Kyle Connor in the trade instead of Ehlers. Interested to see if NYI would do the trade if it was Connor and Pionk for Pulock and Pageau.

Probably need a upgrade on pageau if Connor is changed for ehlers, possibly Nelson.
May 8 at 4:49 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Probably need a upgrade on pageau if Connor is changed for ehlers, possibly Nelson.

I rather have Pageau because he is a right shot centre. He could play right side and have Perfetti play centre. But if that doesn't work out then move Perfetti to the left side and find another RW. If there needs to be an upgrade would NYI have any interest in trading for Dobson if Connor is in play? Pulock locked in long term already and Dobson will probably want the same or more when his current contract is over.
Birtle34 and MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 8 at 5:06 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I rather have Pageau because he is a right shot centre. He could play right side and have Perfetti play centre. But if that doesn't work out then move Perfetti to the left side and find another RW. If there needs to be an upgrade would NYI have any interest in trading for Dobson if Connor is in play? Pulock locked in long term already and Dobson will probably want the same or more when his current contract is over.

I would take Dobson in a heartbeat, but probably not a possibility, I just think pageau 3x5 might look a little ugly soon, kind of a loss leader to try and pluck the missing link on the blueline. Just thinking that Nelson’s game would carry a little longer to playing to his contract. But ya day might be here that perfetti and lambert are in the top 6, sink or swim.
May 8 at 5:14 p.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: chealy2
JGP isn't a 4C

He's a 40 point center making 5 million and is 31 years old, on a contender, he's most definitely a 4C and will be that for the rest of his career. That's not a bad thing, he's just over paid and a team taking him on has to know that's his role
May 8 at 5:16 p.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Pageau and Pulock are neither of those.

When did forwards under 40 points a year become top 6 players? And when did 25-30 point dmen become top pairing calibur?

Neither are as good as either piece coming back in this deal and they're both older than the pieces coming back
May 8 at 6:50 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
When did forwards under 40 points a year become top 6 players? And when did 25-30 point dmen become top pairing calibur?

Neither are as good as either piece coming back in this deal and they're both older than the pieces coming back

Pageau is a 3rd liner.

Not all top pair dmen put up big points.
chealy2 liked this.
May 8 at 7:01 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I would take Dobson in a heartbeat, but probably not a possibility, I just think pageau 3x5 might look a little ugly soon, kind of a loss leader to try and pluck the missing link on the blueline. Just thinking that Nelson’s game would carry a little longer to playing to his contract. But ya day might be here that perfetti and lambert are in the top 6, sink or swim.

I'd definitely offer up Connor+ for Dobson though doubt the Isles would even consider moving him, would also need to be 1000% certain he'd sign a long term deal with the Jets.

I'd be fine with taking on Pageau, he's still a useful player, the Jets bottom six still needs help imo.
May 8 at 7:33 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I'd definitely offer up Connor+ for Dobson though doubt the Isles would even consider moving him, would also need to be 1000% certain he'd sign a long term deal with the Jets.

I'd be fine with taking on Pageau, he's still a useful player, the Jets bottom six still needs help imo.

Ya probably 11/2 of top 6 minutes and 11/2 of bottom 6 minutes, ya I don’t mind that gamble with lambert trajectory offsetting him. Pageau a crafty would be useful for sure. Just think Nelson top end window a little longer than pageau and the difference between ehlers and Connor. All about the hole at rhd, dobson not getting traded, I would drive to ny and go get him myself if it was possible lol
May 8 at 8:09 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Ya probably 11/2 of top 6 minutes and 11/2 of bottom 6 minutes, ya I don’t mind that gamble with lambert trajectory offsetting him. Pageau a crafty would be useful for sure. Just think Nelson top end window a little longer than pageau and the difference between ehlers and Connor. All about the hole at rhd, dobson not getting traded, I would drive to ny and go get him myself if it was possible lol

Sorry what does 11/2 mean? lol

Our bottom six is still ****e for the most part imo, I really only like Nino and Names, the rest are a yawn 🥱 fest of boring stonehands.

Ya Dobson is worth it but the Isles just ain't moving him, doubt they'll move Nelson either but yeah he's better then Pageau.

F@ck do the Jets need an overhaul, this season just seems like it was a true indication of what this team is and has been for awhile which is not close to being a true contender imo.
Birtle34 liked this.
May 8 at 8:33 p.m.
we miss leo k

Connor was a 0.94 PPG player this year as a winger; Dobson was a 0.89 PPG player as defender. There would have to be much, much more value coming back to New York in that kind of trade.

He's a 40 point center making 5 million and is 31 years old, on a contender, he's most definitely a 4C and will be that for the rest of his career. That's not a bad thing, he's just over paid and a team taking him on has to know that's his role

Pageau's a 3C/PK1 on nearly every team in the league; Pulock has been a 20-22 minute guy for the last 6 years on a team generally regarded to be a strong defensive squad. I think the value here is more or less even, with the Isles maybe needing to add a little more - to me, it's about two teams trading to fit needs. Winnipeg gets two strong defensive players who are not necessarily black holes offensively, while New York gets two more offensive-minded players to try and achieve their lifelong dream of scoring more than 2 goals in a playoff game.
May 8 at 8:43 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
11/2 seasons
Sorry what does 11/2 mean? lol

Our bottom six is still ****e for the most part imo, I really only like Nino and Names, the rest are a yawn 🥱 fest of boring stonehands.

Ya Dobson is worth it but the Isles just ain't moving him, doubt they'll move Nelson either but yeah he's better then Pageau.

Fck do the Jets need an overhaul, this season just seems like it was a true indication of what this team is and has been for awhile which is not close to being a true contender imo.

3 years left on his contract, estimated 1 1/2 years of top 6 ish minutes, hold it down til lambert ready, kind of and expensive namestilkinov. Ya our blueline is awful, how is it questionable if we can replace Dillon from within, let alone demelo. Worst part about our bottom 6 is the extreme loyalty to mediocre, why not give lambert and nibrikov a homestand or a road trip last year instead of one game.
May 8 at 9:28 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
11/2 seasons

3 years left on his contract, estimated 1 1/2 years of top 6 ish minutes, hold it down til lambert ready, kind of and expensive namestilkinov. Ya our blueline is awful, how is it questionable if we can replace Dillon from within, let alone demelo. Worst part about our bottom 6 is the extreme loyalty to mediocre, why not give lambert and nibrikov a homestand or a road trip last year instead of one game.

Oh, gotcha now.

Yeah I'd be fine with Pageau, he's been a consistent 30-40 point guy, a bit pricey at $5M but whatever.

The Jets defense just isn't all that great, I can't believe anyone in Jetsville thinks its good yet there's fans and local media that don't see it as a problem, in what world is DeMelo a top pair RHD on a true contender ffs?!?! The people who believe that are as delusional as Hellebuyck who thought he played great against Colorado... 🤣.. Did you see his last interview on locker clean out day? The guy needs a psychologist.

The only D prospect that is ready is Heinola but he isn't a replacement for either guy really. Samberg or Stanley should be a Dillon replacement but neither is very physical for their size.

So all the talk about trading Ehlers, I get it and as big a fan as I am of Ehlers I'd be willing to move him for an actual legit top 4 dman with term like a Pulock BUT who's replacing Ehlers, can say what we want about his playoff performance but they don't make the playoffs without him. A 25G/60P mostly at even strength winger isn't gonna drop in their lap, guess Perfetti could take a big step but I wouldn't hold my breath and I really can't see this organization putting a rookie like Lambert at 2RW if a young player like Perfetti is on the other wing. If they sign Monahan a 2nd line of Perfetti, Monahan, Iafallo doesn't sound too exciting to me.

Could see the 3rd line taking a step back offensively next season. They produced like 3rd liners should but all had long droughts of no goals with few points in those stretches, if it wasn't for their good start they likely don't break that 30 point mark is the floor for good 3rd lines and Appleton gets sooooo many meaningless points.

Speaking of loyalty to mediocre, what does the Appleton legacy contract look like?... 🤮
Birtle34 liked this.
May 8 at 9:44 p.m.
I doubt they're moving Pulock tbh. I could see Pick 18 and like Bolduc for Ehlers or I could also see Pageau, Bolduc, and a 2nd for Ehlers
May 8 at 10:55 p.m.
Everybody Loves WPG
Pink shouldn't be moved, he should operate as our 3rd line RHD, I don’t hate the idea of Pageau, but iafallo or Schmidt would be going the other way instead of pionk and at this rate pageau is a dump so a pick goes winnipegs way too.
May 8 at 11:07 p.m.
Quoting: Marcheesy
I doubt they're moving Pulock tbh. I could see Pick 18 and like Bolduc for Ehlers or I could also see Pageau, Bolduc, and a 2nd for Ehlers

Nope
May 8 at 11:37 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Oh, gotcha now.

Yeah I'd be fine with Pageau, he's been a consistent 30-40 point guy, a bit pricey at $5M but whatever.

The Jets defense just isn't all that great, I can't believe anyone in Jetsville thinks its good yet there's fans and local media that don't see it as a problem, in what world is DeMelo a top pair RHD on a true contender ffs?!?! The people who believe that are as delusional as Hellebuyck who thought he played great against Colorado... 🤣.. Did you see his last interview on locker clean out day? The guy needs a psychologist.

The only D prospect that is ready is Heinola but he isn't a replacement for either guy really. Samberg or Stanley should be a Dillon replacement but neither is very physical for their size.

So all the talk about trading Ehlers, I get it and as big a fan as I am of Ehlers I'd be willing to move him for an actual legit top 4 dman with term like a Pulock BUT who's replacing Ehlers, can say what we want about his playoff performance but they don't make the playoffs without him. A 25G/60P mostly at even strength winger isn't gonna drop in their lap, guess Perfetti could take a big step but I wouldn't hold my breath and I really can't see this organization putting a rookie like Lambert at 2RW if a young player like Perfetti is on the other wing. If they sign Monahan a 2nd line of Perfetti, Monahan, Iafallo doesn't sound too exciting to me.

Could see the 3rd line taking a step back offensively next season. They produced like 3rd liners should but all had long droughts of no goals with few points in those stretches, if it wasn't for their good start they likely don't break that 30 point mark is the floor for good 3rd lines and Appleton gets sooooo many meaningless points.

Speaking of loyalty to mediocre, what does the Appleton legacy contract look like?... 🤮

When the jets were at their best, Connor/ehlers/laine carried the scoring for weeks at a time trading off, wheeler and scheifele stayed relatively consistent. But at there best those three drove the bus, taking turns. Vilardi replaces wheeler, scheifele is still scheifele, Connor relatively the same tough year with the injury. Ehlers is what he is, the only reason you trade him is because you don’t have much else of value, perfetti isn’t bringing what you need back and basically a poor man’s vilardi, or a hyped petan. I’m scared of a lot of things on him, magically turns into a gym force and speeds up a little, might be something there. Our blueline is awful when you miss chiarot and Myers. Your blueline has issues. Just about a year where you trade ehlers for rhd dman and top 6 potential, run out perfetti with scheifele and vilardi and Connor with 2c and lambert. Usual third line and random 4th. Let Dillon walk and demelo extended, and heinola/stanley/samberg back up morrissey. Demelo/pionk/schmidt/newguy. Should never have extended scheifele and helly, took the cap room and token picks, and had the craziest offseason ever. Multiple firsts for morrissey/connor/ehlers and take back some of the worst contracts. Have Campbell playing net and skinner up front, possibly a few more ugly ones, to bottom out just right for next great super stars.
May 9 at 2:57 a.m.
KFC

Pulock can easily play with Jmo, he immediately becomes our best RHD, pageu is not a just some 4th line player not sure where you got that from and his contract is worth it if we can dump Pionk without a buyout or paying assets. Ehlers isn't resigning nor do I want him to, so yeah all day long
May 9 at 6:03 a.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: Jets12Kozy
Pulock can easily play with Jmo, he immediately becomes our best RHD, pageu is not a just some 4th line player not sure where you got that from and his contract is worth it if we can dump Pionk without a buyout or paying assets. Ehlers isn't resigning nor do I want him to, so yeah all day long

So give up the two younger players and a ton of offense on the hope that one of the teams with the least amount of goals against this season gets even better defensively and just doesn't score anymore but still wins.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll