Forums/Armchair-GM

The last Celebrini chicago post

Created by: Wadejos123
Team: 2024-25 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 7, 2024
Published: May 7, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
..... before we drop to 3rd or 4th tonight and start to debate Lindstrom vs Levshunov
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,350,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$5,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Celebrini, Macklin
3$950,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$88,500,000$68,876,667$0$6,675,000$19,623,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Celebrini, Macklin
$950,000$950,000
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$900,000$900K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA
$962,500$962,500
G
RFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
LW, C
RFA
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA
$950,000$950,000
LD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 7 at 11:08 a.m.
Islanders accept
exo2769 liked this.
May 7 at 11:10 a.m.
Hawks accept.
exo2769 liked this.
May 7 at 11:26 a.m.
Celebrini is obviously the dream but I'd be very happy with Levshunov or Lindstrom. Both fill a position of need. Both bring size and physicality. I'm not sold on demidov just yet.
Hawksguy81 and exo2769 liked this.
May 7 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Celebrini is obviously the dream but I'd be very happy with Levshunov or Lindstrom. Both fill a position of need. Both bring size and physicality. I'm not sold on demidov just yet.

How? Between Levshunov, Lindstrom, and Demidov, Demidov is absolutely the best player with the most upside. He has upside to be a bigger star than Celebrini, even. He could arguably have the best processing speed of any player ever. Just watch some tape, look at how quickly he adapts on the fly and makes decisions. Watch how he moves and handles the puck in small areas and manipulates defenders. Watch how he uses his feet in entirely unique ways to create deception and set himself up for his next deke/faint/pass/shot. He is insane.
Hawksguy81, exo2769, Jeep71589 and 2 others liked this.
May 7 at 2:23 p.m.
exo2769
Edited May 7 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
How? Between Levshunov, Lindstrom, and Demidov, Demidov is absolutely the best player with the most upside. He has upside to be a bigger star than Celebrini, even. He could arguably have the best processing speed of any player ever. Just watch some tape, look at how quickly he adapts on the fly and makes decisions. Watch how he moves and handles the puck in small areas and manipulates defenders. Watch how he uses his feet in entirely unique ways to create deception and set himself up for his next deke/faint/pass/shot. He is insane.

The more I watch Demidov the more I'm sold that he should be the guy at #2. The upside is just higher than Lindstrom/Levshunov and we need more elite talent right now rather than higher floor. Also, I'm just not as high on Lindstrom as others are. I see his videos (and I'll continue to watch) and I see his physical maturity right now vs his opposition combined with other elite talent on his team as items that I'm more concerned about than the average fan. He'll be an NHLer for sure. I just see his floor as being very high.

The video below I think does a decent job of highlighting his higher end talent. Some of the things they call positives...I simply disagree with. For example the very 1st highlight ~ 1 min in. He needs to pass that to his teammate and trust his teammate makes the right decision to either A.) shoot it or B.) pass it back. The goalie can't move faster than the passed puck. The video outlines his 10-2 skating which is a nice thing to have in your back pocket and I see Makar's edgework utilizes a lot of this lateral movement, BUT to go up and down the ice like the video shows at 10-2...that'll need to be coached out of him I believe. And CAN! That's Hockey IQ and one of his strengths. What I like the most though is that he went attacks the middle regularly and will sacrifice his body in order to make a play. THAT will 100% translate to the NHL if his body will hold up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLbI37aD-Ws
Wadejos123 liked this.
May 7 at 2:27 p.m.

Quoting: exo2769
The more I watch Demidov the more I'm sold that he should be the guy at #2. The upside is just higher than Lindstrom/Levshunov and we need more elite talent right now rather than higher floor. Also, I'm just not as high on Lindstrom as others are. I see his videos (and I'll continue to watch) and I see his physical maturity right now vs his opposition combined with other elite talent on his team as items that I'm more concerned about than the average fan. He'll be an NHLer for sure. I just see his floor as being very high.

The video below I think does a decent job of highlighting his higher end talent. Some of the things they call positives...I simply disagree with. For example the very 1st highlight ~ 1 min in. He needs to pass that to his teammate and trust his teammate makes the right decision to either A.) shoot it or B.) pass it back. The goalie can't move faster than the passed puck. The video outlines his 10-2 skating which is a nice thing to have in your back pocket and I see Makar's edgework utilizes a lot of this lateral movement, BUT to go up and down the ice like the video shows at 10-2...that'll need to be coached out of him I believe. And CAN! That's Hockey IQ and one of his strengths. What I like the most though is that he went attacks the middle regularly and will sacrifice his body in order to make a play. THAT will 100% translate to the NHL if his body will hold up.

He's just as good as Michkov but smaller, and people are already realizing the mistake that was letting Michkov fall to 7
Garak and PaulKorea liked this.
May 7 at 2:28 p.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
He's just as good as Michkov but smaller, and people are already realizing the mistake that was letting Michkov fall to 7

Demidov is bigger than Michkov. Or is that what you meant?
May 7 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769

I agree on Lindstrom. I'm personally not sold on him or Levshunov. I don't really see why those two are clearly ahead of guys like Parekh, Catton, Dickinson, and Silyev imo. All those guys are in the same tier to me. Landing Demidov would be huge for the hawks because after him there's a big drop.
May 7 at 2:31 p.m.
Demidov is bigger than Michkov. Or is that what you meant?

Demidov is skinnier and not as strong on the puck if I'm mistaken. I didn't actually look it up so I definitely could be
Garak liked this.
May 7 at 2:35 p.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
Demidov is skinnier and not as strong on the puck if I'm mistaken. I didn't actually look it up so I definitely could be

Oh. I wouldn't say isn't as strong on the puck at all. He is a little skinnier or, technically, probably just less muscle, at this point, but he is one inch taller. Also, I think Michkov's height might be slightly exaggerated.
May 8 at 8:49 a.m.

Honestly I haven't watched too much of this draft class. Now that Chicago has pick #2 I'll dive deeper on Demidov
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 10:24 a.m.
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Honestly I haven't watched too much of this draft class. Now that Chicago has pick #2 I'll dive deeper on Demidov

It's easy for a disabled person like me to watch a crap load of hockey. I have so much free time. I get how it isn't easy for everyone. But, yeah, I definitely recommend digging in. The guy is in a tier of his own after Celebrini, and that is only right now. When they are both in their primes playing in the NHL, Demidov has the potential to be the bigger superstar offensively. I could be talked into Lindstrom because of the total package. I think Levshunov is pretty overrated and doesn't belong in anyones top 5. I don't even have him in my top 10. I would draft Buium before him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll