Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$3,700,000$3,700,000
RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 5 at 1:44 p.m.
Still no

Blues are not giving up parayko for marner for the thousandth time
mokumboi liked this.
May 5 at 1:45 p.m.
Terrible deal for the Leafs and no interest in Binnington personally.
tmljk22 and MaxBorjshlapsky liked this.
May 5 at 1:46 p.m.
tmljk22
Quoting: StDetroitBlueWings
Still no

Blues are not giving up parayko for marner for the thousandth time

They would be silly not too lmao
MaxBorjshlapsky liked this.
May 5 at 1:48 p.m.
Quoting: tmljk22

If marner is that good, then keep him
Parayko is the backbone of our defense
Without him, the defense has more holes than Swiss cheese

Simply put, not happening. Drop the idea already Leafs fans
mokumboi and MaxBorjshlapsky liked this.
May 5 at 1:50 p.m.
mokumboi

What are you on about? This trade only harms the Blues. They give up two of their three most indispensable players (both locked down, mind you) for one year of a regular season perimeter winger whose AAV means they can't even replace the departed 1G and 1RD.
May 5 at 1:50 p.m.

Did you forget that this was made by a Blues fan? There’s not a Leafs fan on the planet that would accept this trade.
May 5 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: jsteed02
Did you forget that this was made by a Blues fan? There’s not a Leafs fan on the planet that would accept this trade.

Did you not see that the main team is Toronto and secondary team is Chicago for this ACGM creator?

Literally does nothing to help the Blues.
May 5 at 1:52 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: mokumboi
What are you on about? This trade only harms the Blues. They give up two of their three most indispensable players (both locked down, mind you) for one year of a regular season perimeter winger whose AAV means they can't even replace the departed 1G and 1RD.

I'm actually a leafs fan

but I also sent liljegren and woll who is from Missouri to the blues in the deal.
May 5 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
I'm actually a leafs fan

but I also sent liljegren and woll who is from Missouri to the blues in the deal.

Woll would be fine, but we already have Hofer, Zherenko and Ellis waiting in the wings. Not really needing any more goalie prospects. We are set there

Lily is more of a second pairing d-man that still need a lot of work. If we got rid of Faulk, then maybe. But not at all for this package.

If we got rid of Faulk, I'd probably offer at most a 2nd for Lily. That's it.
mokumboi liked this.
May 5 at 1:54 p.m.
mokumboi
I'm actually a leafs fan

In what universe is Lily a replacement for Parayko? Coz it sure ain't this one.
May 5 at 1:55 p.m.
I'm actually a leafs fan

Jesus Christ lol this is an unhinged trade coming from a Leafs fan
May 5 at 1:56 p.m.
mokumboi
Woll would be fine, but we already have Hofer, Zherenko and Ellis waiting in the wings. Not really needing any more goalie prospects. We are set there

Lily is more of a second pairing d-man that still need a lot of work. If we got rid of Faulk, then maybe. But not at all for this package.

If we got rid of Faulk, I'd probably offer at most a 2nd for Lily. That's it.

He's #4/5 Dman who gets benched in the playoffs EVERY season because his most prominent characteristic is horrific mistakes. You're right, he might be vaguely interesting if Faulk leaves and the price is nice. MAYBE.
May 5 at 2:16 p.m.
tmljk22

Doesn't matter really, if you're getting an offer that is that valuable for your team you make adjustments. Not saying it fits the timeline or the teams needs, its simply a deal where the value is too skewed to not take it
May 5 at 2:17 p.m.
tmljk22

Defense may have a bunch of holes but value for value its a complete win for the Blues. And yes, Marner is good but clearly doesn't fit the needs of this Leafs squad and someone needs to go. To say a 90-100 point winger in Selke conversations is not good is laughable.
May 5 at 2:56 p.m.
mokumboi
Doesn't matter really, if you're getting an offer that is that valuable for your team you make adjustments. Not saying it fits the timeline or the teams needs, its simply a deal where the value is too skewed to not take it

Okaaay, and the value is frigging horrific for the Blues. They're not going to make boldly stupid moves like the Leafs. Good organizations do things a better way.
May 5 at 3:07 p.m.
tmljk22
Okaaay, and the value is frigging horrific for the Blues. They're not going to make boldly stupid moves like the Leafs. Good organizations do things a better way.

Okay, let's put it this way, what is the real sticking point for St. Louis here? It's not their timeline because they aren't contending anytime soon? Because their defense might suck next year? What's the issue with that, because realistically you could just retool?
May 5 at 3:13 p.m.
mokumboi
Okay, let's put it this way, what is the real sticking point for St. Louis here? It's not their timeline because they aren't contending anytime soon? Because their defense might suck next year? What's the issue with that, because realistically you could just retool?

The Blues are not retooling. We've been over this and over this. The Blues do not tank, they probably cannot afford it as a franchise, it's worlds away from being a sure benefit and there's no frigging way they'd squander the primes of Thomas and Kyrou to do it. It is NOT happening. And it is NOT necessary. At all.

As for "contending any time soon" I'm gonna go out on a fairly sturdy limb and suggest the Blues will do so before the Leafs do.

Everything here is the sticking point. EVERYTHING. He's not being traded to the Blues. And Parayko is NOT coming to Toronto.
May 5 at 3:20 p.m.
tmljk22
The Blues are not retooling. We've been over this and over this. The Blues do not tank, they probably cannot afford it as a franchise, it's worlds away from being a sure benefit and there's no frigging way they'd squander the primes of Thomas and Kyrou to do it. It is NOT happening. And it is NOT necessary. At all.

As for "contending any time soon" I'm gonna go out on a fairly sturdy limb and suggest the Blues will do so before the Leafs do.

Everything here is the sticking point. EVERYTHING. He's not being traded to the Blues. And Parayko is NOT coming to Toronto.

In all honesty, I've never expected Parayko to come to the Leafs. Despite your clear hatred of the Leafs which is clear in your posts, Marner is the more valuable asset in a 1 for 1 deal, simple as that, especially so with an extension in place. I get you love your #1 DMan and I would too but this is completely besides the point. Marner would instantly become the best player on the team and value wise thats an easy yes for St. Louis to except. If you want to say his contract brings negative value, sure, he is overpaid but its not like Parayko's contract will be a steal for its entire duration.

Obviously, there will be no changing your mind but I would like for you for just a second to try and comprehend that I'm making a completely rational arguement with the counter point of "well I don't think they should do it and my team is better run than yours"
May 5 at 3:40 p.m.
mokumboi
In all honesty, I've never expected Parayko to come to the Leafs. Despite your clear hatred of the Leafs which is clear in your posts, Marner is the more valuable asset in a 1 for 1 deal, simple as that, especially so with an extension in place. I get you love your #1 DMan and I would too but this is completely besides the point. Marner would instantly become the best player on the team and value wise thats an easy yes for St. Louis to except. If you want to say his contract brings negative value, sure, he is overpaid but its not like Parayko's contract will be a steal for its entire duration.

Obviously, there will be no changing your mind but I would like for you for just a second to try and comprehend that I'm making a completely rational arguement with the counter point of "well I don't think they should do it and my team is better run than yours"

Oh sweet Moses, are you really going to run straight to the "Leafs hater" fake persecution act? This is pathetic. I barely spend any time at all thinking about the Leafs when I'm not trying to talk sense into the ever-frazzled Leafs fans here.

Your argument has less than zero rationality to it for the Blues. Which has been repeatedly explained in large detail. And you want to pretend I'm the one ignoring reality? You guys just refuse to listen to anyone.

Marner is NOT a target for the Blues in any sense, in any timeline. This is not even remotely difficult. But sure, imagine it's everyone else missing the point while you all desperately try to dump Marner.

And also, Marner would NOT be the Blues best player. Even if he would be, that's not how the Blues team build. That's how teams who win one round in 20 years team build.
May 5 at 5:26 p.m.
Defense may have a bunch of holes but value for value its a complete win for the Blues. And yes, Marner is good but clearly doesn't fit the needs of this Leafs squad and someone needs to go. To say a 90-100 point winger in Selke conversations is not good is laughable.

And the Blues need defense. Once again, not worth giving up our number one d-man for.

Your arguments are pointless since this trade makes zero sense for the Blues anyway

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll