Forums/Armchair-GM

Dont flame me these were ALL proposed by the Habs writers at the Athletic

Created by: westcoasthabslifer
Team: 2024-25 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 27, 2024
Published: Apr. 27, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Basu and Godin podcast. Think there’s more value to the inside info (like the oilers scouting Laval heavily) than the actual trade proposals but still interesting.
Trades
MTL
  1. Johnson, Kent [RFA Rights]
  2. Merzlikins, Elvis
Additional Details:
Suggested that Johnson could be the sweetener to a merzlikins cap dump. Also suggested that we could dangle several draft picks for Johnson instead since CBJ doesn’t have many and the Habs have a ton especially next year…
CBJ
MTL
  1. Laine, Patrik ($2,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
+ “a prospect” they didn’t name an example for this one.
CBJ
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (COL)
MTL
  1. Lundell, Anton [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Didn’t really suggest what the trade return would be for this one. Just that “it would not be cheap” but basically suggested packaging some (probably high) picks since they are depleted for the next few drafts or some cheap defencemen from the Habs (which we definitely have a lot of).
FLA
MTL
  1. Holloway, Dylan [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Draft picks and young cheap defencemen suggested. Will be cheaper than Lundell. Harris was the one player actually mentioned/suggested. Noted that Oilers assistant GM has been scouting the Habs and Laval (ahl team) all year even well past the trade deadline…noted that we have a lot of young dmen that they’ve probably been looking at all year.
MTL
  1. Zegras, Trevor
Additional Details:
This was hilarious. They implied Verbeek might want Anderson AS A POSITIVE ASSET because he (Verbeek) was a tough guy when he played (lol). If it’s Reinbacher it was basically suggested it would be 1 for 1. If it was Mailloux they suggested: Mailloux + Anderson + Winnipeg 1st round pick.

Note: this got heated but you’ll never guess why (hint: it was about NOT WANTING to trade Anderson. Holy yikesssss).
MTL
  1. Necas, Martin [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Our cheap young defencemen would be valuable for Carolina. Nothing really concrete proposed in this one. Would like to try to get this done without trading Mailloux or Reinbacher. Most discussion was about his fit and the likelihood of this becoming a bidding war.
CAR
MTL
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Unlikely but also wouldn’t cost much.
NYR
MTL
  1. Berggren, Jonatan [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Cheap. Could be a good gamble.
DET
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,500,000$79,036,250$1,022,500$4,670,000$8,463,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$6,700,000$6,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 28 at 8:55 a.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: squashmaple
Even Leafs media doesn’t do this. Habs media is uniquely awful like this.

"But general manager Jarmo Kekalainen can’t keep kicking these decisions down the road much longer. But the idea of a “self-rental” really only makes sense for a club if they have a decent chance of winning the Stanley Cup." Great call by CBJ writers

LMAO.
The Cognitive dissonance from ignorant people that talk nonsense on a website built by Habs fans. You cant make this up! This is an awesome. Thanks for the laughs.

Quoting: westcoasthabslifer
1 - you’re incredibly uninformed lmao because the Habs are incredibly open about pulling off another trade which they’ve done for the past 2 years. 2 - Say the very people who continue to post on Habs’ fans posts for literally no reason. It’s incredibly annoying. Please worry about you own teams. And stop commenting on our stuff. 3 - this is literally for fun. My god.

You brought fuel to the fire with some of the biggest trolls that will never even listen to that podcast to hear any context.
It's even said by Basu (whom called the Newhook trade btw last offseason) that Verbeek likes his gritty guys and signed Killorn so that could mean Anderson interest but you left that out so they can wrongly assume and put out their bias.
What did you expect?
Apr. 28 at 9:12 a.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: dopplsan
My dude, you can’t come on this website and propose a CBJ trade (whether from you or another source), then get upset when CBJ fans post a reaction shooting it down. How would that work vice-a-versa?

This just feels like a ****tier version of the old “I’m just asking questions” argument as a means to avoid having to address the underlying issue. Here - that as much as Habs fans (or I guess, Habs beat-writers) want these trades to happen, they absolutely will not, and to sell ads and brain-space on the idea they could happen is disingenuous.

The frustration mostly is that this is not just a universally bad trade, but one we’ve been telling you to stop making for awhile now.

(Takes deep breath)

Arpon Basu called the Newhook trade last year in a podcast just like this one, they put out trade ideas, some hit and some don't. How many have you called, Mr.Expert?

Any of those trades absolutely can happen because you two CBJ fans aren't puppet masters that control Davidson like a PDiddy party. Jesus Christ. The hubris and lack of tact.
Apr. 28 at 9:53 a.m.
OldSLIMEfan
The funniest part is hearing people that have no clue outside their own market, speak about lack of professionalism when Steve Simmons and Mark Spector exist.

Journalists whom are actively troll'd by players like Evander Kane and Auston Matthews.
Toronto is famous for being a cesspool of clickbait but Basu giving his opinion and being right or wrong YET never once being turned away by Habs players much like Spector and Kane is somehow worse.

Stay in your lane.
That is one thing that this immature ACGM got right.
Apr. 28 at 11:23 a.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: DanielSan92
Here ya go, buddy:

b22.jpg

“It's funny that it's funny that trade had a condition on what Bemstrom would score a really specific goal total that he had to get to in Pittsburgh in order to improve the draft pick that they got. But it was Nylander who went on a scoring tear with Columbus.”

From The Basu & Godin Notebook: Dach/Newhook trades | Apr 26, 2024, Apr 26, 2024
https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-basu-godin-notebook/id1711261505?i=1000653729596
This material may be protected by copyright.

“Because they've got a lot of raw talent in Columbus. But it's been chaos over there. The culture has been ugly for years.
They need to be a team. They need to be a lot more cohesive than they've been. It's been going in all directions.
So maybe if they try to make moves, I would imagine that they'll try to bring in guys that will help steer the ship in the right direction from that point of view.
Well, and I guess we'll just close on Kent Johnson on this. And you just reminded me of Pier Dorian. They need to be a team”

LMAO the transcript is Gold. Just cooking Columbus. Speaking of butt hurt. I’m dying of laughter. Yup. Nothing to see here, folks, everything is under control in CBJ. Please disperse.
*Insert Naked Gun meme"
Apr. 28 at 11:23 a.m.
Quoting: FarhanLuigi
“It's funny that it's funny that trade had a condition on what Bemstrom would score a really specific goal total that he had to get to in Pittsburgh in order to improve the draft pick that they got. But it was Nylander who went on a scoring tear with Columbus.”

From The Basu & Godin Notebook: Dach/Newhook trades | Apr 26, 2024, Apr 26, 2024
https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-basu-godin-notebook/id1711261505?i=1000653729596
This material may be protected by copyright.

“Because they've got a lot of raw talent in Columbus. But it's been chaos over there. The culture has been ugly for years.
They need to be a team. They need to be a lot more cohesive than they've been. It's been going in all directions.
So maybe if they try to make moves, I would imagine that they'll try to bring in guys that will help steer the ship in the right direction from that point of view.
Well, and I guess we'll just close on Kent Johnson on this. And you just reminded me of Pier Dorian. They need to be a team”

LMAO the transcript is Gold. Just cooking Columbus. Speaking of butt hurt. I’m dying of laughter.

Bruh I'm not reading your multi-paragraph butthurt bull ****. tears of joy
dopplsan liked this.
Apr. 28 at 11:52 a.m.
Nah.
Edited Apr. 28 at 11:59 a.m.
Arpon Basu called the Newhook trade last year in a podcast just like this one, they put out trade ideas, some hit and some don't. How many have you called, Mr.Expert?

Any of those trades absolutely can happen because you two CBJ fans aren't puppet masters that control Davidson like a PDiddy party. Jesus Christ. The hubris and lack of tact.

lol, guess I need me a podcast and to throw as much **** at the wall as I can. Something sticks eventually. I’m sure you could ply through all these ACGMs and find a few that actually happened. Must mean Miss Cleo is among us.

Keep up the fun, buddy. You’re a goofy goober.

And @generallandro still has a Stanley Cup.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 28 at 11:59 a.m.
OldSLIMEfan
lol, guess I need me a podcast and to throw as much **** at the wall as I can. Something sticks eventually.

Keep up the fun, buddy. You’re a goofy goober.

And generallandro still has a Stanley Cup.

Some CBJ fans really aren’t much different than a lot Leafs fans as they deny their own reality

This is fantastic humour this morning

I, especially, like when one person says the Leafs need a goalie on a forum post, no likes then another person responds with a snarky gif and gets all the likes

So easy and thoughtless tribalism. Mindless bots, I swear, on most public forums.
Apr. 28 at 12:18 p.m.
Nah.
Some CBJ fans really aren’t much different than a lot Leafs fans as they deny their own reality

This is fantastic humour this morning

I, especially, like when one person says the Leafs need a goalie on a forum post, no likes then another person responds with a snarky gif and gets all the likes

So easy and thoughtless tribalism. Mindless bots, I swear, on most public forums.

I’m adding you to my favorites list…this is the most “very internet-dude” **** imaginable 😂 The Canucks fan perusing Leafs blogs.

“Mindless Bots” omg, man. Looking for “sheeple” on my bingo card!
Jded and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 28 at 4:27 p.m.
OldSLIMEfan
I’m adding you to my favorites list…this is the most “very internet-dude” **** imaginable 😂 The Canucks fan perusing Leafs blogs.

“Mindless Bots” omg, man. Looking for “sheeple” on my bingo card!

The lack of reading comprehension and hockey knowledge in the comments is indeed baffling. Trying to tell some random CBJ fan that professional writers are more professional than your ignorant ass and the CBJ reporters are no different. Now @ other person that doesnt care about your lack of comprehension.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll