Forums/Armchair-GM

Why dont all teams do like Vegas and Tampa

Created by: AG_sweden
Team: 2023-24 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 26, 2024
Published: Apr. 26, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
- I don't get it? The LTIR rule is like designed to be abused...
- if NHL is that dumb then let's exploit it...
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$83,500,000$88,691,583$610,892$582,500-$5,191,583
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$820,000$820,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$846,667$846,667
C, LW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 26 at 11:36 a.m.
Yeah rangers fan have Panarin miss the entire season because of hip surgery ohh that still doesn't work because the season the season in 22 was only 4 months not 6.5 but even if you could extend it your not making the playoffs without him
Apr. 26 at 11:51 a.m.
Because very few teams can make the playoffs while missing some of their best players for months on end? Why didn't NJ LITR Hughes this year and activate him for the playoffs? Why didn't Detroit just LTIR Larkin until the playoffs? Thompson was injured for a lot of the year, why didn't Buffalo just hold him out so they were fresh for the first round?

I have no love for Tampa or Vegas, but I really don't understand what's so hard for so many people to grasp. You're only getting a significant advantage as a team if your higher-dollar (read: "better") players are sitting out for significant stretches of the regular season and you spend significant assets to backfill those players' salaries with other (also good) players, usually as rentals.

So sure, any team that's good enough to walk into the playoffs now while missing huge pieces of the roster, while also mortgaging their long-term future to replace those players short-term, can easily replicate what Tampa and Vegas are doing. It's just such an obvious loophole!
Apr. 26 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
Because very few teams can make the playoffs while missing some of their best players for months on end? Why didn't NJ LITR Hughes this year and activate him for the playoffs? Why didn't Detroit just LTIR Larkin until the playoffs? Thompson was injured for a lot of the year, why didn't Buffalo just hold him out so they were fresh for the first round?

I have no love for Tampa or Vegas, but I really don't understand what's so hard for so many people to grasp. You're only getting a significant advantage as a team if your higher-dollar (read: "better") players are sitting out for significant stretches of the regular season and you spend significant assets to backfill those players' salaries with other (also good) players, usually as rentals.

So sure, any team that's good enough to walk into the playoffs now while missing huge pieces of the roster, while also mortgaging their long-term future to replace those players short-term, can easily replicate what Tampa and Vegas are doing. It's just such an obvious loophole!

And to further the discussion: what's the solution if it's actually that much of a problem?

1. LTIR players aren't eligible for the first round? Ok, so now teams get a boost for the 2nd round if they're good enough to get through the 1st? It's kicking the can down the road.
2. LTIR players aren't eligible for the playoffs? I'm sure the NHL will love seeing healthy star players sidelined during their highest-viewership games. The owners will love that.
3. Games Played requirements to be eligible for the playoffs? See #2, but with the added player-safety risk of rushing actually injured players back.
4. LTIR slots? (As in, each team only gets one or two LTIR players back for the playoffs). Most teams only use one anyway, so it's just preventing teams from really abusing the system.
5. Playoff Cap? Again, I think this leads to player safety issues of people playing injured, while adding complex roster gymnastics, in a way that doesn't feasibly solve the issue.

Players get hurt, and players come back. If the NHL has an independent medical team auditing injuries, the timelines make sense, and the owners don't have a huge issue with it...I just don't think we'll see a a change anytime soon.
Apr. 26 at 12:02 p.m.
I mean if Chytil plays, then the Rangers will be doing it too haha
Apr. 26 at 12:18 p.m.
the solution is simple, you can allow the team to pass the cap in the playoffs do to a player missing the season/end of year do to LTIR, but in playoff the official game day lineup CANNOT go past the cap, thus all the player dressing cannot exceed the current salary cap of the day, thus all players on the ice total cap must not pass 83.5M (current day cap), emergency call ups exempt.
Apr. 26 at 1:37 p.m.
GM
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
Yeah rangers fan have Panarin miss the entire season because of hip surgery ohh that still doesn't work because the season the season in 22 was only 4 months not 6.5 but even if you could extend it your not making the playoffs without him

And to further the discussion: what's the solution if it's actually that much of a problem?

1. LTIR players aren't eligible for the first round? Ok, so now teams get a boost for the 2nd round if they're good enough to get through the 1st? It's kicking the can down the road.
2. LTIR players aren't eligible for the playoffs? I'm sure the NHL will love seeing healthy star players sidelined during their highest-viewership games. The owners will love that.
3. Games Played requirements to be eligible for the playoffs? See #2, but with the added player-safety risk of rushing actually injured players back.
4. LTIR slots? (As in, each team only gets one or two LTIR players back for the playoffs). Most teams only use one anyway, so it's just preventing teams from really abusing the system.
5. Playoff Cap? Again, I think this leads to player safety issues of people playing injured, while adding complex roster gymnastics, in a way that doesn't feasibly solve the issue.

Players get hurt, and players come back. If the NHL has an independent medical team auditing injuries, the timelines make sense, and the owners don't have a huge issue with it...I just don't think we'll see a a change anytime soon.

Quoting: Rags21
I mean if Chytil plays, then the Rangers will be doing it too haha

Quoting: athrin
the solution is simple, you can allow the team to pass the cap in the playoffs do to a player missing the season/end of year do to LTIR, but in playoff the official game day lineup CANNOT go past the cap, thus all the player dressing cannot exceed the current salary cap of the day, thus all players on the ice total cap must not pass 83.5M (current day cap), emergency call ups exempt.

Main point was to say f u to the league because the league says this is how. If everyone does it then it is stil even play field. But because so few has the balls to do it. That is why they are in advantage. Lol.
Apr. 26 at 1:52 p.m.
Edited Apr. 26 at 2:00 p.m.
Quoting: AG_sweden
Main point was to say f u to the league because the league says this is how. If everyone does it then it is stil even play field. But because so few has the balls to do it. That is why they are in advantage. Lol.

TB is complete bull💩 though Kucherov had a surgery on his hip and came back in the exact same time frame as Brayden Point (Same surgery and surgeon) the year before and Yanni Gourde (same surgery same surgeon) 2 years before. So, including TB after they proposed a game day salary cap for the 20 man roster in the playoffs in 15 and lost the vote 28-2 is F***ING complete garbage no one has a F***ING clue what their talking about yourself included.
CaseyFlyman liked this.
Apr. 26 at 3:10 p.m.
GM
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
TB is complete bull💩 though Kucherov had a surgery on his hip and came back in the exact same time frame as Brayden Point (Same surgery and surgeon) the year before and Yanni Gourde (same surgery same surgeon) 2 years before. So, including TB after they proposed a game day salary cap for the 20 man roster in the playoffs in 15 and lost the vote 28-2 is F***ING complete garbage no one has a F***ING clue what their talking about yourself included.

I take that as a compliment sir! 🫡

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll