Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Is Cutter a slide candidate

Does his contract slide
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 28 at 8:23 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Mar. 29 at 4:20 p.m.
After tonight, the Ducks will have 9 games remaining on the season and Cutters Boston College team is still competing into he NCAA tournament, so Cutter will play at most 9 games this season, per cap friendly

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

He turned 20 in January 2024, meaning at the start of this season, he was 19, does his contract slide? Confused on the wording regarding "year" in the details.

Would be great if he is, that way Minty, Zells, Leo, Zegras, and him aren't all due for contracts in the same year.
Mar. 31 at 2:30 p.m.
I don't think he is because he is already 20 when he will sign the contract. Believe it only applies if you are 18 or 19 when you sign, but I could be wrong. Also, I'm pretty sure the stipulation of being traded to the Ducks was to burn off a year of his ELC this year so no way the Ducks don't sign him this year to burn off a year. That RFA summer is going to be insane though with how many guys will be due pay raises
Mar. 31 at 3:38 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Mar. 31 at 3:50 p.m.
Quoting: Lactic_Flaccid
I don't think he is because he is already 20 when he will sign the contract. Believe it only applies if you are 18 or 19 when you sign, but I could be wrong. Also, I'm pretty sure the stipulation of being traded to the Ducks was to burn off a year of his ELC this year so no way the Ducks don't sign him this year to burn off a year. That RFA summer is going to be insane though with how many guys will be due pay raises

They'll sign him this year once the tourney ends, the question becomes the part about September 15. At that time this season, he was 19, but the text says "this year"
Mar. 31 at 7:16 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
They'll sign him this year once the tourney ends, the question becomes the part about September 15. At that time this season, he was 19, but the text says "this year"

I see what you are saying, I guess it depends on whether they are referring to calendar year, or the season year
GiggywithGibby liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit