$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
RFA
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
RFA
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 4 at 11:44 p.m.
Kent likes him some Kent.

(So glad you didn’t say, Hughes trade for Hughes)
habslife liked this.
Feb. 4 at 11:46 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Cap dump, goalie we don't need and 2 2nds? No thanks
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Feb. 4 at 11:47 p.m.
The odds of Columbus trading Johnson are about as good as Montreal trading Hutson.
Feb. 4 at 11:57 p.m.
Banned
Maybe from the Sabres, but i doubt it
Feb. 5 at 12:12 a.m.
Player Model Maker
Quoting: MoSeider53
laugh Jacob Markstrom isn't waiving his NMC for a rebuilding dump like Montreal.

And if Kent Johnson isn't happy in one dump like Columbus, He won't be happy in dump #2 Montreal.

And oh FYI, late picks and meh players aren't getting you Kent Johnson either.

I love comments like these!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing
Feb. 5 at 12:49 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Hard to see CBJ doing this.

There is a lot of young talent on that team. Kent fits right in.
They will again pick high this year. Right now I think they are in 4th -5th place. Looking at a top 5 pick again.
That's 3 in the past 3 years. They are just stringing them together, and it's not like they are playing bad. They got a lot of other young pieces there that look pretty good too to play on the wing.
Not sure it's in CBJ best interest to try to scrap that plan moving one of them out for more picks and prospects.
They got wingers, and Kent is part of the build down the center plan.
Feb. 5 at 2:07 a.m.
habslife
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Hard to see CBJ doing this.

There is a lot of young talent on that team. Kent fits right in.
They will again pick high this year. Right now I think they are in 4th -5th place. Looking at a top 5 pick again.
That's 3 in the past 3 years. They are just stringing them together, and it's not like they are playing bad. They got a lot of other young pieces there that look pretty good too to play on the wing.
Not sure it's in CBJ best interest to try to scrap that plan moving one of them out for more picks and prospects.
They got wingers, and Kent is part of the build down the center plan.

Thank you for your respectful comment unlike others on this site.

But 4 first round picks aren’t enough for Kent?

And I heard that Kent wasn't happy in Columbus.
gretzkyghosts and CaseyFlyman liked this.
Feb. 5 at 2:19 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: habslife
Thank you for your respectful comment unlike others on this site.

I don't know what Kent is or is not, and neither does anyone else.

As for 4 1st, it's not the value, it's the situation.

CBJ doesn't need more wingers, look at the roaster it's all young talented wingers and a few high end pieces like Laine and Johnny G.

What they need is down the middle. That's what they drafted. Adam F. Kent J. and Cole S.
Those are all high pick centers down the middle.
They are building what they want, why would they trade it away now?
That makes no sense.
They will add another top 5 pick this year.
The problem at this point isn't draft capital, it's letting them develop and gel.
If those players develop they will have a good team for a long time if they can resign them all. Which is also another area of concern, but that's a different story.
gretzkyghosts and CaseyFlyman liked this.
Feb. 5 at 3:18 a.m.
Avs should decline simply because of the extra year of term on Allen.
Feb. 5 at 7:05 a.m.
Prime Primeau
Do we really want to spend 4 first for Jonhson? I think you should remove Barron and replace him with a very lesser piece, especially since Columbus can’t trade for a RD as it would almost guarantee Jiricek ask for a trade
Feb. 5 at 8:46 a.m.
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
Do we really want to spend 4 first for Jonhson? I think you should remove Barron and replace him with a very lesser piece, especially since Columbus can’t trade for a RD as it would almost guarantee Jiricek ask for a trade

Swap him with Roy then
Feb. 5 at 10:31 a.m.
Quoting: habslife

As for 4 1st, it's not the value, it's the situation.

CBJ doesn't need more wingers, look at the roaster it's all young talented wingers and a few high end pieces like Laine and Johnny G.

What they need is down the middle. That's what they drafted. Adam F. Kent J. and Cole S.

Just want to add that Kent hasn't played and likely won't play center in the NHL. They sent him down to Cleveland earlier in the year because he was learning a new system, and wasn't progressing fast enough. He took it like a champ, dominated for a few weeks, and came back up playing well. There hasn't been a peep about discontent since, and he's looked just fine.

CBJ definitely don't need more wingers: JG, Laine, Marchenko, Chinakhov, Johnson, and arguably Boone (if moved from C) are all top-6 worthy. The 4th line is set (Texier, Kuraly, Danforth), and there's more in the system (Brindley and Dumais should push next season). Even down the middle, it's Fantilli, Sillinger, and Voronkov (all U23). The team needs time to mature, and needs top-end talent. You're more likely to find that in top-5 picks (like KJ) over late-firsts, and you can't mature as a team if you trade NHLers for more picks. So for that reason it makes sense to keep the guy who's 21 and that looks like he's developing into a game-breaker.

That said: I think Columbus would have to take this on value alone, especially since Mesar has looked fantastic. But it certainly doesn't fill a need, and MTL likely says no.
habslife and JacketsComrade liked this.
Feb. 5 at 5:17 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: Howie
Swap him with Roy then

Lol, Roy has almost the same value as Barron. More like Tuch
Feb. 5 at 7:50 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
Just want to add that Kent hasn't played and likely won't play center in the NHL. They sent him down to Cleveland earlier in the year because he was learning a new system, and wasn't progressing fast enough. He took it like a champ, dominated for a few weeks, and came back up playing well. There hasn't been a peep about discontent since, and he's looked just fine.

CBJ definitely don't need more wingers: JG, Laine, Marchenko, Chinakhov, Johnson, and arguably Boone (if moved from C) are all top-6 worthy. The 4th line is set (Texier, Kuraly, Danforth), and there's more in the system (Brindley and Dumais should push next season). Even down the middle, it's Fantilli, Sillinger, and Voronkov (all U23). The team needs time to mature, and needs top-end talent. You're more likely to find that in top-5 picks (like KJ) over late-firsts, and you can't mature as a team if you trade NHLers for more picks. So for that reason it makes sense to keep the guy who's 21 and that looks like he's developing into a game-breaker.

That said: I think Columbus would have to take this on value alone, especially since Mesar has looked fantastic. But it certainly doesn't fill a need, and MTL likely says no.

Kent played center last year, and he's spot filled in this year.
I think the biggest frustration with that team is they think Boon is a top 6 center. He's not. But they don't want to put that role onto a young player.
Boon doesn't have that high end talent to compete as a 1 or 2 C.
Kent will most likely move over, lots of centers start to develop on the wing. Crosby played wing when he first entered the NHL. So that's no big issue. There is an adjustment period.
But he has the high end talent to fill that role.
I think they will either trade Boon eventually or move him out of the way to wing.
All I know is 6 of the top 9 are 23 and under. Next year it could very well be 7 depending who they draft. They simply need time.
Feb. 5 at 8:12 p.m.
Kent played center last year, and he's spot filled in this year.
I think the biggest frustration with that team is they think Boon is a top 6 center. He's not. But they don't want to put that role onto a young player.
Boon doesn't have that high end talent to compete as a 1 or 2 C.
Kent will most likely move over, lots of centers start to develop on the wing. Crosby played wing when he first entered the NHL. So that's no big issue. There is an adjustment period.
But he has the high end talent to fill that role.
I think they will either trade Boon eventually or move him out of the way to wing.
All I know is 6 of the top 9 are 23 and under. Next year it could very well be 7 depending who they draft. They simply need time.

Nah I see this team play and I cannot imagine a world where Kent is a better center than Fantilli, Sillinger, or Voronkov. We gain so much by driving their size down the middle. Kent has plenty of freedom to dominate the puck and make plays anywhere he wants on the ice without playing C. I think he’ll remain a winger for his career as long as he’s on the same team as 4, 10, 11. None of those four are fourth liners.
CaseyFlyman liked this.
Feb. 5 at 8:37 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: JacketsComrade
Nah I see this team play and I cannot imagine a world where Kent is a better center than Fantilli, Sillinger, or Voronkov. We gain so much by driving their size down the middle. Kent has plenty of freedom to dominate the puck and make plays anywhere he wants on the ice without playing C. I think he’ll remain a winger for his career as long as he’s on the same team as 4, 10, 11. None of those four are fourth liners.

Kent is bigger than Cole.
I think Adam is a top line center as well. No argument. But I am very familiar with Kent watching him play NCAA. He's a more powerful skater than Cole.
Voronkov is an ideal 3C. I don't think he has the speed to be a legit 1-2C.
If I had to guess, Cole will be the guy in the end on the wing.
Jenner should never really be center in CBJ in a top 6 role. He's just not high end enough. He's a good power forward tweener. Play hard guy. But he'll never be slick enough to be a legit 1-2 C.
They need to come to that realization as they keep putting him at C.
Feb. 5 at 8:51 p.m.
Kent is bigger than Cole.
I think Adam is a top line center as well. No argument. But I am very familiar with Kent watching him play NCAA. He's a more powerful skater than Cole.
Voronkov is an ideal 3C. I don't think he has the speed to be a legit 1-2C.
If I had to guess, Cole will be the guy in the end on the wing.
Jenner should never really be center in CBJ in a top 6 role. He's just not high end enough. He's a good power forward tweener. Play hard guy. But he'll never be slick enough to be a legit 1-2 C.
They need to come to that realization as they keep putting him at C.

Cole has an inch height and 20lbs on Kent???????????????? Cole has double the 20-22 mph bursts and 100 more 18-20 mph bursts than Kent and ur calling Kent the more “powerful skater”? Kent Johnson who gets knocked off the puck by a strong breeze?

I guess we’re just making stuff up.
Feb. 5 at 8:58 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: JacketsComrade
Cole has an inch height and 20lbs on Kent???????????????? Cole has double the 20-22 mph bursts and 100 more 18-20 mph bursts than Kent and ur calling Kent the more “powerful skater”? Kent Johnson who gets knocked off the puck by a strong breeze?

I guess we’re just making stuff up.

Not sure what cole you are refering to. He's listed 6 foot.
Kent is listed 6'1 he's close to 6'2 though like 6'1 3/4 NCAA lists players on quarter inches. That's how I know that.

I don't know about the whole mpg burst thing that's more to do with speed than power but I do know Kent when going can go through a player.
That's why he got drafted so high.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll