SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

And So I Hear I Was Wrong

Dec. 1, 2023 at 12:47 p.m.
TrevorA
You didn't think I'd go hide and delete my account did ya!?

It is what it is, my response to the Trade is in the Notes Below
Dec. 1, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Dec. 1, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.
Well looks like my predictions regarding Zadorov were wrong, so I guess I need to apologize…….……............................................................................…... to absolutely nobody lol

Look at the Vultures and Grease Rats coming out of the woodwork at me now lol.  It’s hilarious to read the comments.  Ppl who don’t even know me have been holding grudges this whole time and are clearly irritated by my existence on this site lol. I’m so far under their skin and obviously live #RentFree in all of their heads. I love it!

Now down to business. We have yet another  Conroy L here. It was a horrendous Trade and clearly, 'm not the only one who believes this...

According to Professional Hockey Analysts and the Media, the Zadorov Trade is considered an absolute "Steal" or "Home Run" of a deal by the Canucks....
Consider the Results compiled by CapFriendly's Poll on here too:

Zadorov Trade: Zadorov CapFriendly Trade Poll
2% Say it Favored CGY (you 2 guys are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY)
21.5% Say it Was A Fair Trade
76% Say it Favored VAN

Toffoli Trade: Toffoli CapFriendly Trade Poll
26.5% Say it Favored CGY
20% Say it Was A Fair Trade
73% Say it Favored NJD

The vast majority = 3 out of 4 ppl agree these were Giveaways by Conroy and the Flames got Fleeced yet again…. 

Now a bunch of morons are going around absolutely giddy that Zadorov was suggested to go for a 1st and didn’t…. Let’s be clear, any and all trades that had Zadorov returning a 1st+ were if he was Traded at the Deadline with 50-75% Retention.  I also said UNRETAINED he was worth a 2nd + 3rd + Sweetener

I figured IF he was Traded. It was going to be at the Deadline when his value would be highest, obviously I was wrong on that part, but I did also point out the progression of Player Trade Values in the Off/Mid-Season=LOW compared to the Trade Deadline=HIGH

Overall this was another Terrible Conroy Trade and the majority agree he should have fetched at least a 2nd Unretained. I’m starting to think Conroy’s an idiot and might have been a terrible decision as GM. Either that or those guys were gonna be so toxic he had to move them out. I don’t know, just sucks. Bad Trade and I hope Conroy has plan for this "Valuable" Cap Space, cause we should have received a return closer to my suggestions
GM_SZK and TMLBRIAN liked this.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Tank it baby
I was wrong too. ☹️
KingofRnR liked this.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Conroy seems like a nice guy. He'd make a great assistant GM.

But he didn't do too bad here. A 3rd and a 5th for a LH 5D is about right.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Like everyone’s been telling you there’s 0 market value for players with no retention lol no one has cap space
Dec. 1, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
Connie's playing 3D chess, he just needs the cap space for bigger and better things.

At least we can all stop pretending he's good, giveways should take a drastic drop, even playing AHL D.
KingofRnR liked this.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 1:03 p.m.
Puckhead
For me it was some of the huge crazy deals you and other Flames fans shutdown that surprised me, I think mostly it was to pick on Leaf fans which is fine, its just trash talk...I do it...many others do it. But I wonder if you would take any of them over this deal anyway?
I don't wanna dig up anything so lets just use these examples...
1) Timmins and a 5th for Big Z
2) Liljegren straight up Big Z 50% retained
3) LMAO and say Abruzzesse, Hirvonen and Niemala for Big Z 50% retained
Are any of those better than what you got?
KingofRnR liked this.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 1:20 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
It’s all good brother you still get a 1st for tanev lindholm and Hanifin
TMLBRIAN and KingofRnR liked this.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 2:23 p.m.
I missed you <3

Glad you are okay!

This was definitely on the lower end of the return scale that I had in mind. Clear win by Vancouver. But moving a player with full cap, is so hard now a days. I think Calgary wanted to keep their retention spots for Lindholm, Hanifin and Tanev. Those guys should each get a nice package. I am still predicting 1st + 3rd for Tanev (50% retention). Lindholm should get the Horvat treatment. And I am looking at Hampus Lindholm as the Hanifin comparable, but only if Hanifin extends. Either way There is a TON of value there for Calgary!

Much love my friend!
Dec. 1, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
No problem with having an opinion on value, but to say something isn't realistic is simply not consistent with NHL history. Over many decades of following the NHL, I've learned GMs make all kinds of wild transactions & league officials make
similarly crazy rulings against teams.
Dec. 1, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Well looks like my predictions regarding Zadorov were wrong, so I guess I need to apologize…….……............................................................................…... to absolutely nobody lol

Look at the Vultures and Grease Rats coming out of the woodwork at me now lol.  It’s hilarious to read the comments.  Ppl who don’t even know me have been holding grudges this whole time and are clearly irritated by my existence on this site lol. I’m so far under their skin and obviously live #RentFree in all of their heads. I love it!

Now down to business. We have yet another  Conroy L here. It was a horrendous Trade and clearly, 'm not the only one who believes this...

According to Professional Hockey Analysts and the Media, the Zadorov Trade is considered an absolute "Steal" or "Home Run" of a deal by the Canucks....

76% Say it Favored VAN

26.5% Say it Favored CGY
73% Say it Favored NJD

The vast majority = 3 out of 4 ppl agree these were Giveaways by Conroy and the Flames got Fleeced yet again…. 

Now a bunch of morons are going around absolutely giddy that Zadorov was suggested to go for a 1st and didn’t…. Let’s be clear, any and all trades that had Zadorov returning a 1st+ were if he was Traded at the Deadline with 50-75% Retention.  I also said UNRETAINED he was worth a 2nd + 3rd + Sweetener

I figured IF he was Traded. It was going to be at the Deadline when his value would be highest, obviously I was wrong on that part, but I did also point out the progression of Player Trade Values in the Off/Mid-Season=LOW compared to the Trade Deadline=HIGH

Overall this was another Terrible Conroy Trade and the majority agree he should have fetched at least a 2nd Unretained. I’m starting to think Conroy’s an idiot and might have been a terrible decision as GM. Either that or those guys were gonna be so toxic he had to move them out. I don’t know, just sucks. Bad Trade and I hope Conroy has plan for this "Valuable" Cap Space, cause we should have received a return closer to my suggestions

That's a whole lot of defensive whining. A smart person would learn from his bias.
westleysnipez liked this.
Dec. 2, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: GM_SZK
For me it was some of the huge crazy deals you and other Flames fans shutdown that surprised me, I think mostly it was to pick on Leaf fans which is fine, its just trash talk...I do it...many others do it. But I wonder if you would take any of them over this deal anyway?
I don't wanna dig up anything so lets just use these examples...
1) Timmins and a 5th for Big Z
2) Liljegren straight up Big Z 50% retained
3) LMAO and say Abruzzesse, Hirvonen and Niemala for Big Z 50% retained
Are any of those better than what you got?

Liljegren would be the only one worth considering imo. It’s the only one that offers a cheap, cost controlled position of need we could use right away

Unless Conroy flips these picks for Duclair + Cal Foote or Bean + Peeke, it’s gonna take years for these picks to do anything for us, if at all
GM_SZK liked this.
Dec. 2, 2023 at 2:17 p.m.
westleysnipez

76% Say it Favored VAN

26.5% Say it Favored CGY
73% Say it Favored NJD

Or, ya know, that's just what Zadorov is worth as a bottom pairing guy.
Dec. 2, 2023 at 5:55 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: CoryTheGreat
Like everyone’s been telling you there’s 0 market value for players with no retention lol no one has cap space

Nobody said anything of the sort. Nobody was even clear about when this Trade would occur and how it would affect his value.

Certainly nobody said, if he was Traded today with no retention, he would only get this. Most believed and still believe he’s worth at least a 2nd unretained and only a few trolls guessed he wouldn’t go for much more than he was acquired for.

I guess Conroy thought the same or wanted him out of the locker room, either way VAN Graded with an A and CGY was Graded as a D, so clearly the return was considered light and VAN fleeced Conroy
Dec. 2, 2023 at 5:58 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Oiler3535
That's a whole lot of defensive whining. A smart person would learn from his bias.

Not sure what there is to learn from lol. Clearly Conroy gave Zadorov away for peanuts, everybody believes this and most believe he should have brought at least a 2nd

So I wasn’t far off, I just didn’t expect out GM to get bent over yet again. He’s 0/2 on Trade Wins, so yeah, I’ll a bit cranky and whiny about having a crappy GM at the moment
Dec. 2, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: westleysnipez
Or, ya know, that's just what Zadorov is worth as a bottom pairing guy.

Clearly everybody agrees Conroy got fleeced again and Zadorov was given away for nothing, but you go ahead and ignore all that and pretend you know anything lol
Dec. 2, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
westleysnipez
Clearly everybody agrees Conroy got fleeced again and Zadorov was given away for nothing, but you go ahead and ignore all that and pretend you know anything lol

Bruh I was saying for weeks that Zadorov was worth a 3rd. I don't think anyone thinks it's a fleece, just a good buy by Vancouver.
Dec. 2, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: westleysnipez
Bruh I was saying for weeks that Zadorov was worth a 3rd. I don't think anyone thinks it's a fleece, just a good buy by Vancouver.

VAN Trade Grade was an A and CGY was a D….

4/5 = 80% of ppl believe VAN Won that Trade whereas only 1/5 = 20% think it was Fair… Zadorov CapFriendly Trade Poll

Clearly Conroy gave him away for less than he was worth lol. Conroy’s proving to be an idiot and terrible at Trades
Dec. 2, 2023 at 6:12 p.m.
westleysnipez
VAN Trade Grade was an A and CGY was a D….

4/5 = 80% of ppl believe VAN Won that Trade whereas only 1/5 = 20% think it was Fair… Zadorov CapFriendly Trade Poll

Clearly Conroy gave him away for less than he was worth lol. Conroy’s proving to be an idiot and terrible at Trades

People think Vancouver won because they were surprised that their team didn't beat the offer. Not because Zadorov was worth more. Go read the comments on that thread, they all point out how overvalued the Flames fans made Zadorov out to be and how it was always going to be an underwhelming return for you guys.

You guys have been talking him up for weeks when he was only ever Schenn value.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll