SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Caufield will be better next year

Nov. 19, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
I think we need to cut CC a break. He had a major shoulder surgery and we've see with shoulder and knee surgeries, it can typically take a year for players to find their form. Little muscle memory things don't trigger just right and they need to build them back up.

I still believe CC will be a top 5 scorer in the league, but he will need some time. Don't freak out if he only scores 25-30 this year, it doesn't mean he's not gonna be a star.

I'd also add that: CC's passing game has improved significantly, which is a pretty exciting development.
habitantlecolon liked this.
Nov. 19, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
ht42
The dude have 15 pts in 18 games, it's more than somes players from other teams who have bigger contracts.

I belive he will likely reach the 65-70 pts this season, but they need a RW or a LW for playing with him.
jonh514 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2023 at 2:03 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: ht42
The dude have 15 pts in 18 games, it's more than somes players from other teams who have bigger contracts.

I belive he will likely reach the 65-70 pts this season, but they need a RW or a LW for playing with him.

We're saying the same thing, but I'm talking about the goals. His shooting percentage is really low. You cannot expect to be a sniper with a sub 11% shooting percentage. He is getting his high danger shots. It's him not executing. We can't lie to ourselves. We have not seen his lasers firing very much this year. He is whiffing on his release.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Nov. 19, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
ht42
Quoting: jonh514
We're saying the same thing, but I'm talking about the goals. His shooting percentage is really low. You cannot expect to be a sniper with a sub 11% shooting percentage. He is getting his high danger shots. It's him not executing. We can't lie to ourselves. We have not seen his lasers firing very much this year. He is whiffing on his release.

But don't forget that's what St-Louis wants for him.... He wants that he becomes a better complete player on the ice than only a sniper.
jonh514 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: ht42
But don't forget that's what St-Louis wants for him.... He wants that he becomes a better complete player on the ice than only a sniper.

Sure, but they are not mutually exclusive.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll