SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Survey Monkey Ads making mobile site unusable

Nov. 10, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
The Survey Monkey Ads on the mobile site are making using capfriendly on my phone borderline unusable. The ads constantly pop up and even when you click the x they are just invisible and force you to their site whenever you click anywhere on the browser. Mods or anyone is there anyway we can get this issue fixed?
Nov. 11, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
McMann Season
I agree, makes it hard to navigate
Nov. 12, 2023 at 10:13 a.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: mv21227
The Survey Monkey Ads on the mobile site are making using capfriendly on my phone borderline unusable. The ads constantly pop up and even when you click the x they are just invisible and force you to their site whenever you click anywhere on the browser. Mods or anyone is there anyway we can get this issue fixed?

Quoting: CameronSquires
I agree, makes it hard to navigate

The moderators aren't going to be able to do anything. Clear your browser's cache and history, and if you're on an Android device and using Chrome you should be able to toggle pop-up ads off through the browser settings. Typically, the ads you get correlate to your browsing history and what companies think they can target you with best. I recall there being an option in Chrome to prevent targeted ads, possibly that may help?

@Banks is there something on the back-end that can reduce the number of pop-up ads our users are experiencing?
Nov. 13, 2023 at 6:18 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
The moderators aren't going to be able to do anything. Clear your browser's cache and history, and if you're on an Android device and using Chrome you should be able to toggle pop-up ads off through the browser settings. Typically, the ads you get correlate to your browsing history and what companies think they can target you with best. I recall there being an option in Chrome to prevent targeted ads, possibly that may help?

Banks is there something on the back-end that can reduce the number of pop-up ads our users are experiencing?

We've had our ad provider investigate and this should be resolved now, please let me know if it isn't
BeterChiarelli liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll