Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 2

Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:41 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
He was getting screened on the 5 on 3

89 skates by blocking his view

Only goal 1 and 5 he should have had

2,3,4 are off poor defensive plays or in goal 4's case a lazy penalty giving Buffalo a 5 on 3 PP

You have to stop the bleeding and that was a perfect opportunity to do so...
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Well looks like another embarrassing loss against Buffalo be in the book of lottery failures for us

And Saturday we got CBJ and they be worse

Looks like a rough week for defense and goaltending before Christmas lul
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:43 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
You have to stop the bleeding and that was a perfect opportunity to do so...

As we saw with goal 6 with the way this team is playing defensively no matter whose in net they ****ed. Sammy made a bunch of saves and team still left him out to dry it was only a matter of time. Pulling was a mercy as this was expected

This team dont have it when it comes to non contenders. They play like its a preseason game and dont care forgetting points are points

6 oddman rushes after Sammy was pulled for Buffalo 1 went in.

Gonna be a rough week as Saturday = CBJ and we all know how this team plays vs lottery teams

Expecting 1 of 6 points if lucky before Christmas
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:46 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
As we saw with goal 6 with the way this team is playing defensively no matter whose in net they ****ed. Sammy made a bunch of saves and team still left him out to dry.

This team dont have it when it comes to non contenders. They play like its a preseason game and dont care forgetting points are points

6 oddman rushes after Sammy was pulled for Buffalo 1 went in.

Gonna be a rough week as Saturday = CBJ and we all know how this team plays vs lottery teams

Expecting 1 of 6 points if lucky before Christmas

My guy. Sammy hasn't been the only problem - but he is playing like Vesa Toskala. Stop defending him lmao
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:52 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152
My guy. Sammy hasn't been the only problem - but he is playing like Vesa Toskala. Stop defending him lmao

I aint defending him but at the same time the way people acting especially here its like hes the only problem lul. Goal 1 and 5 already mentioned should have had

As said before no matter whose in net they ****ed when it comes to this team vs. a non contender. Just saw it with Jones on an Okoposo SH breakaway which was one of 5 he faced lul

Anyways real game starts Dec 30th should be fun as Saturday they got CBJ and if that team dropped a 9 bomb vs the team spanking us rn yea whoever in net get the bible ready
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:53 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I aint defending him but at the same time the way people acting especially here its like hes the only problem lul

As said before no matter whose in net they ****ed when it comes to a non contender. Just saw it with Jones on an Okoposo SH breakaway

Anyways real game starts Dec 30th should be fun as Saturday they got CBJ and if that team dropped a 9 bomb vs the team spanking us rn yea not good

No one is acting like he is the only problem. They are acting like he is the biggest problem - which he is right now
Saskleaf and Juice liked this.
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:54 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
New thread is posted here btw. 50 pages already lmao
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 21, 2023 at 8:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
No one is acting like he is the only problem. They are acting like he is the biggest problem - which he is right now

Hes really not. The biggest problem is this teams play vs. non contenders its night and day at this point. We saw it when Jones went in no matter whose in net RIP the stats

We have seen it over and over. Thats why i said pray for Sammy 2 days ago after NYR loss as lottery team + goalie needing a bounceback = uh oh here. While 2 of the 5 goals not great by him if this team played like they did vs. NYR would be a much closer game heck maybe 3-1 TOR.

As said before they once again ****ed up who played what game. Give Jones the lottery teams and Sammy the competitors as at least he will get proper support.
Dec. 21, 2023 at 10:46 p.m.
Go leafs go
I had 3 goalies in fantasy to pick 2 from.
Samsonov, Wedgewood, and Vejmalka.

I didn't sit Sammy. Too much passion. ****
Do you think he'd clear waivers at this point?

Yah honestly I just dropped Sammy. If Martin freaking Jones (no disrespect to Jones but come on) is outplaying him, then there’s a problem, both if you own him in fantasy and for the leafs. I’m starting to wonder if trading him for another goalie might be a smart move.
Dec. 21, 2023 at 10:57 p.m.
Go leafs go
I had 3 goalies in fantasy to pick 2 from.
Samsonov, Wedgewood, and Vejmalka.

I didn't sit Sammy. Too much passion. ****
Do you think he'd clear waivers at this point?

Also I have to ask, how big is this league because that’s a pretty bad trio of goalie
Dec. 21, 2023 at 11:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Saskleaf
Also I have to ask, how big is this league because that’s a pretty bad trio of goalie

13 teams. 22 players + 1 ir slot each. I run a zero goalie system so I draft Goalies late and rotate all year.

Unfortunately my bets didn't work out this year. Markstrom is bad, Knight is in the ahl, and I traded vasi who was injured for robo, who I flipped for peterson.

Reason I moved vasi was because I picked up Woll early on and he was taking over. That has thrown me into chaos right now.

KV was a rotate goalie I picked up today. He won't stay, I am also running Wedgewood and Ingram on a short term keep. Wedgewood until Otter is back and Ingram until I think I could successfully pass him through waivers
I picked up Sammy as a throw in for another trade to lock down the leafs goal tending with both woll and Sammy - which again has blown up with woll being out.

A lot of bad luck this year goalie wise
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 21, 2023 at 11:42 p.m.
Go leafs go
13 teams. 22 players + 1 ir slot each. I run a zero goalie system so I draft Goalies late and rotate all year.

Unfortunately my bets didn't work out this year. Markstrom is bad, Knight is in the ahl, and I traded vasi who was injured for robo, who I flipped for peterson.

Reason I moved vasi was because I picked up Woll early on and he was taking over. That has thrown me into chaos right now.

KV was a rotate goalie I picked up today. He won't stay, I am also running Wedgewood and Ingram on a short term keep. Wedgewood until Otter is back and Ingram until I think I could successfully pass him through waivers
I picked up Sammy as a throw in for another trade to lock down the leafs goal tending with both woll and Sammy - which again has blown up with woll being out.

A lot of bad luck this year goalie wise

Ok yah yikes, I understand trading Vasi for Robo, and then Peterson (Petterson I assume?) because that’s a good set of deals, but yah that’s rough. Goalies are always so hard to predict though. I was lucky enough to be able to get Ullmark who I traded for Bob which has worked out pretty well. But taking Sammy in like the 5 round (I think that’s where I got him) was my biggest mistake.
Dec. 21, 2023 at 11:48 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Saskleaf
Ok yah yikes, I understand trading Vasi for Robo, and then Peterson (Petterson I assume?) because that’s a good set of deals, but yah that’s rough. Goalies are always so hard to predict though. I was lucky enough to be able to get Ullmark who I traded for Bob which has worked out pretty well. But taking Sammy in like the 5 round (I think that’s where I got him) was my biggest mistake.

Yeah, goalie variability is why I don't draft Goalies high (vasi was forst in the 9th round).

I figured out that I could rotate Goalies in and out every day and profit as long as I could beat the betting market - which I can thanks to public analytics models. Not wasting high slots on Goalies means I can get better skaters than everyone else which creates an edge - and I'm the back to back champ as a result. If you check my pfp you can see my drafted team.

I've made 3 trades:

Forsberg, Jarvis, OEL, Vasi, Brown
For
Miro, Robo, Tuch

Robo, Kotka, Byfield
For
Petey, Walker

Bouchard, Werenski, Tuch, Iafallo
For
Eichel, Kaprizov, Sammy
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 22, 2023 at 9:20 a.m.
Go leafs go
Yeah, goalie variability is why I don't draft Goalies high (vasi was forst in the 9th round).

I figured out that I could rotate Goalies in and out every day and profit as long as I could beat the betting market - which I can thanks to public analytics models. Not wasting high slots on Goalies means I can get better skaters than everyone else which creates an edge - and I'm the back to back champ as a result. If you check my pfp you can see my drafted team.

I've made 3 trades:

Forsberg, Jarvis, OEL, Vasi, Brown
For
Miro, Robo, Tuch

Robo, Kotka, Byfield
For
Petey, Walker

Bouchard, Werenski, Tuch, Iafallo
For
Eichel, Kaprizov, Sammy

That is actually a pretty smart strategy, I took 2 goalies in the first 5 rounds, and one worked out well (Ullmark who I traded for Bob, which by the way I did because Bob is a true starter while Ullmark is in a tandem), and one worked out very poorly. I’m in a 16 team league so it’s fairly similar to yours. Looking back, even without knowing Sammy would drop off a cliff it was still a bit of a stupid draft pick but oh well. I didn’t have any massive steals but some solid late round picks and I’m kind of in the middle of the pack for my league.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll