SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Can we change the taxi squad section and rename it the waiver wire.

Rename the taxi squad to waiver/call up players
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 9, 2023 at 7:13 p.m.
Covid isn't forcing the Nhl to use a taxi squad anymore, why is it still a selection.

It should just be renamed waiver wire players instead, as most Acgm's than can showcase that option, it already gets used by many to show the waiver or emergency callup players.

So why not change the name to support that option correctly.
Aug. 10, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Covid isn't forcing the Nhl to use a taxi squad anymore, why is it still a selection.

It should just be renamed waiver wire players instead, as most Acgm's than can showcase that option, it already gets used by many to show the waiver or emergency callup players.

So why not change the name to support that option correctly.

I had asked Banks this a while ago, the answer I got in a sense was the sheer volume of content that would have to be deleted from the site to change the Taxi Squad section makes this prohibitive. There's about two full years of AGM posts (and counting) that have the Taxi Squad banner and overwriting that much data is a pain. Not sure how the userbase would feel if all of a sudden everything was scrubbed from the AGM section to accommodate the fix.

It's going to have to happen sooner than later, it's incredibly outdated and it looks awful. Probably comes during the next major forum/site upgrade.
Aug. 11, 2023 at 12:42 p.m.
Cowan Season
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I had asked Banks this a while ago, the answer I got in a sense was the sheer volume of content that would have to be deleted from the site to change the Taxi Squad section makes this prohibitive. There's about two full years of AGM posts (and counting) that have the Taxi Squad banner and overwriting that much data is a pain. Not sure how the userbase would feel if all of a sudden everything was scrubbed from the AGM section to accommodate the fix.

It's going to have to happen sooner than later, it's incredibly outdated and it looks awful. Probably comes during the next major forum/site upgrade.

I don't think it'd be as big of a deal as it seems tbh, it is a little bit of an eyesore atm and yes, it'll need to be removed sooner or later. I think sooner is better than later
Aug. 12, 2023 at 1:45 p.m.
I don't mind it staying the same. Not so worried about the technicality of the name. It's a good place to put the "tweeners" between NHL/AHL and the teams that run less than 23 man rosters
Aug. 12, 2023 at 2:23 p.m.
Cowan Season
Quoting: HockeyScotty
I don't mind it staying the same. Not so worried about the technicality of the name. It's a good place to put the "tweeners" between NHL/AHL and the teams that run less than 23 man rosters

My only issue is when people use it instead of the scratches for when they're displaying scratches to make it seem as if they're cap compliant when they aren't
Sep. 3, 2023 at 4:43 p.m.
I like having the section...if only to make some guys from AHL visible (either to be put up on waivers...or as potential call-ups).

Renaming it might be good idea though.
NoVaSpartan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit