Forums/Armchair-GM

Ulh8it

Created by: DDossett
Team: 2024-25 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 28, 2023
Published: Jul. 28, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So just wanted to see what it would look like with mathews on the bruins. Figured it was one way to jump back in contention with a solid defense amd goaltending but wow is it tight. Hopefully some call ups and prospects can come in and make a difference. Right side is real weak and cash got tight quick and i even signed mathews at 12.5 instead of the ridiculous 13+ some idiot will probably pay.
Well let me know what you'd rather see in 2 years bruins fans
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,000,000
3$3,000,000
2$3,750,000
2$1,250,000
1$3,250,000
1$1,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$12,500,000
1$1,000,000
2$1,250,000
2$975,000
1$975,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Mittelstadt, Casey [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Done in 23-24
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$86,500,000$84,608,334$50,000$0$1,891,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 4
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
RFA
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, C
RFA
$975,000$975,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
RFA
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
G
RFA
$975,000$975,000
LD
UFA
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:09 p.m.
Mitts>coyle so that's not gonna happen
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
I think Mathews will be the highest paid player in the league on his next deal. 13m+ is a very realistic number, especially with the cap expected to rise.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:16 p.m.
Quoting: wojme
Mitts>coyle so that's not gonna happen

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. Im not sure what else the bruins gave up last year to make it happen but they do to get there cap down. Maybe he has a slow start and is injured at the deadline so we trade for a vet middle6 guy for our playoff run and b's give sabe's a pick. Mitts is far from the only guy they could sneak in at 4mil, just an example. Heck more than the trade the 4mil might be dreaming.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: adamkaz23
I think Mathews will be the highest paid player in the league on his next deal. 13m+ is a very realistic number, especially with the cap expected to rise.

Not denying that, not only do i have a mil or two in space but seeing as it seems you read desc. You know i asked for bruins fans thought on improving not mathews salary. Thankyou for your feedback.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
Why would Buffalo do that
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
GM
So you are saying we trade an in his prime 25 year old Mitts for a 32 year old Coyle who had 15 less points last year? Mitts for Swayman straight up, that I would do.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: adamkaz23

I agree, he will be the highest paid player, and If he walks to FA you have to think that number goes up.
I think TOR can extend him at 13.5 as rumored, but if he goes to market I think there is a very real chance he gets closer to 15.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 2:52 p.m.
Quoting: GiddyUp
So you are saying we trade an in his prime 25 year old Mitts for a 32 year old Coyle who had 15 less points last year? Mitts for Swayman straight up, that I would do.

Yep. Cuz we wanna win a cup instead of developing players. Coyle is cup run ready. The sabres as a team are not. With the soul exception of tuck. So you can throw away another year of great players on elc's and good contracts or you can trade the pieces you dont even really have room for in order to make a real run. We have a prospect system full of guys to replace coyle in a few years when cousins, thompson, quinn, krebs, are ready to be the veteran leaders with play off experience.
sabres89 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: DDossett
Yep. Cuz we wanna win a cup instead of developing players. Coyle is cup run ready. The sabres as a team are not. With the soul exception of tuck. So you can throw away another year of great players on elc's and good contracts or you can trade the pieces you dont even really have room for in order to make a real run. We have a prospect system full of guys to replace coyle in a few years when cousins, thompson, quinn, krebs, are ready to be the veteran leaders with play off experience.

I see what you're doing here, trying to add another forward with good size, which I don't hate. I think Coyle at 5.25 for 3 more years is a pretty bad contract though.
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Jul. 28, 2023 at 7:33 p.m.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. Im not sure what else the bruins gave up last year to make it happen but they do to get there cap down. Maybe he has a slow start and is injured at the deadline so we trade for a vet middle6 guy for our playoff run and b's give sabe's a pick. Mitts is far from the only guy they could sneak in at 4mil, just an example. Heck more than the trade the 4mil might be dreaming.

But WHY would the SABRES want to do that???
Jul. 28, 2023 at 7:36 p.m.

If you actually think that replacing Mitts with Coyle is the move that “wins us a Cup” then i think you’re crazy bud
I’m a Sabres fan too
But Coyle is NOT the “missing piece” by any means

Frankly, he’s not even “good”
Jul. 29, 2023 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
If you actually think that replacing Mitts with Coyle is the move that “wins us a Cup” then i think you’re crazy bud
I’m a Sabres fan too
But Coyle is NOT the “missing piece” by any means

Frankly, he’s not even “good”

Frankly this isnt a sabres post.
This is a post to look at the bruins adding mathews to stay relevant and if they can make it work with the cap while still having a solid team.
My point that mitts is just another developing talent on a team that needs to trade its potential for actually developed talent is valid if they want to get anywhere without sheer luck.
Coyle is a valid middle 6 forward in the nhl. He can penalty kill and play any forward position soundly and dependably. It will not be his fault you lost games. At 5.25
He's a bit over paid and never I said nor will i say he wins a team the cup. But mitts aint that guy either and right now he has more developing to do before he's anywhere near the complete player coyle is and when he becomes a dependable player you can put anywhere in your line up and know he'll handle all his responsibilities we'll see where his point totals are at and if he really does have anywhere near the carear of coyle who looks like a shoe in for 1000 nhl games played. He's not "the missing piece" he's a missing piece on the sabres roster. If the sabres arent planning to over pay like hell for a few pieces to shore up thier line up then what the heck has thier drafting been about the last 2 years? It's what you end up having to do when you take best player avaiable imstead of a position of need with the theory being you can trade that best player for what you need.
Coyles cap hit is to high. The sabres probably say no. But this team could literally trade all thier draft picks and coyle for mitts as i skipped the whole year. And its only 2 years so its not unbelievable.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
Frankly this isnt a sabres post.
This is a post to look at the bruins adding mathews to stay relevant and if they can make it work with the cap while still having a solid team.
My point that mitts is just another developing talent on a team that needs to trade its potential for actually developed talent is valid if they want to get anywhere without sheer luck.
Coyle is a valid middle 6 forward in the nhl. He can penalty kill and play any forward position soundly and dependably. It will not be his fault you lost games. At 5.25
He's a bit over paid and never I said nor will i say he wins a team the cup. But mitts aint that guy either and right now he has more developing to do before he's anywhere near the complete player coyle is and when he becomes a dependable player you can put anywhere in your line up and know he'll handle all his responsibilities we'll see where his point totals are at and if he really does have anywhere near the carear of coyle who looks like a shoe in for 1000 nhl games played. He's not "the missing piece" he's a missing piece on the sabres roster. If the sabres arent planning to over pay like hell for a few pieces to shore up thier line up then what the heck has thier drafting been about the last 2 years? It's what you end up having to do when you take best player avaiable imstead of a position of need with the theory being you can trade that best player for what you need.
Coyles cap hit is to high. The sabres probably say no. But this team could literally trade all thier draft picks and coyle for mitts as i skipped the whole year. And its only 2 years so its not unbelievable.

There is ZERO CHANCE the Sabres would want ANYTHING to do with Coyle
And we sure as hell wouldn’t give up Mittelstadt to get him

Coyle is “good” for a 3rd line center- that’s it
Hard pass
Aug. 1, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.
GM

But again, Coyle is not the player Mitts again, again...he is older and has less points? Your rationale makes no sense, the better player will help you get further, Mitts at this point is better than Coyle, in 2 years that trade will be a disaster for Buffalo. Literally 0 chance this happens, those moves get GM's fired. Again, Mitts for Swayman, not for you aging castaways.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 3:39 p.m.
But again, Coyle is not the player Mitts again, again...he is older and has less points? Your rationale makes no sense, the better player will help you get further, Mitts at this point is better than Coyle, in 2 years that trade will be a disaster for Buffalo. Literally 0 chance this happens, those moves get GM's fired. Again, Mitts for Swayman, not for you aging castaways.

Mitts is the better player because he scores more points...and coyle at 32 is aged out. If you cant see past points and think 32 is too old to help i dont know what to tell you.
I am extremely curious as to what you want swayman for, i might trade swayman for mitts in a hearbeat if i was boston he's been pretty average so far.
Most amusingly is that in two years coyles contract would be up and sabres would be replacing him with savoie, kulich, krebs, ostlund, benson, rosen.......or if our gm and scouting are any good 5 or so of the guys picked outside the 1st round.
Aug. 1, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
GM
Mitts is the better player because he scores more points...and coyle at 32 is aged out. If you cant see past points and think 32 is too old to help i dont know what to tell you.
I am extremely curious as to what you want swayman for, i might trade swayman for mitts in a hearbeat if i was boston he's been pretty average so far.
Most amusingly is that in two years coyles contract would be up and sabres would be replacing him with savoie, kulich, krebs, ostlund, benson, rosen.......or if our gm and scouting are any good 5 or so of the guys picked outside the 1st round.

Mitts is the better piece because of A points, B age and C he is just entering the upside of his career. I like Coyle but our Cup window will not start until the 24/25 season and by then Coyle will be a role player at best. As far as Swayman I have 1 question....have you seen our goalies?? LOL We have a 21 year old rookie and a 24 year old UPL who has sucked at every level since age 18. Swayman is looking pretty good right now! lol
Aug. 2, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
Mitts is the better piece because of A points, B age and C he is just entering the upside of his career. I like Coyle but our Cup window will not start until the 24/25 season and by then Coyle will be a role player at best. As far as Swayman I have 1 question....have you seen our goalies?? LOL We have a 21 year old rookie and a 24 year old UPL who has sucked at every level since age 18. Swayman is looking pretty good right now! lol

I think theres a lot of key points your just missing in my arguements here, pointing out the coyle will be a role player fits as what we need is guys who can play a role and hopefully push the rest of our developing team to take on the important functions of the role he fills. Mitts can't do that.
Also UPL has sucked at every level since 18? Amazing how bad everyone else must have played for him to get a 18-19 ohl goaltender of the year. Wjc gold metal, and more recently 22-23 "rookie" of the month. I think you like the bruins veteran style of tight checking defense and confuse it with the talent of thier goalie. Which is why you think adding swayman will help and dont realize how much the sabres roster needs a guy like coyle.
But whatever if you dont see it i obviously cant help you.
Aug. 2, 2023 at 3:15 p.m.
GM
I think theres a lot of key points your just missing in my arguements here, pointing out the coyle will be a role player fits as what we need is guys who can play a role and hopefully push the rest of our developing team to take on the important functions of the role he fills. Mitts can't do that.
Also UPL has sucked at every level since 18? Amazing how bad everyone else must have played for him to get a 18-19 ohl goaltender of the year. Wjc gold metal, and more recently 22-23 "rookie" of the month. I think you like the bruins veteran style of tight checking defense and confuse it with the talent of thier goalie. Which is why you think adding swayman will help and dont realize how much the sabres roster needs a guy like coyle.
But whatever if you dont see it i obviously cant help you.

Mitts can absolutely do that, he is 25 and he was thrust into a garbage system on a garbage team with a garbage coach (Krueger). OK sorry, he has sucked since 2019, I was off by a year, his AHL numbers were atrocious even when they had a decent time and I, as is with most people, could care less about his rookie of the month. He finished the season sub .890 save % and wasnt even trusted to start the final 8 games of the season. You need to get off the Coyle train and stop over valuing average at best players. If Adams traded Mitts for Coyce today he would get destroyed by the media and rightfully so. I can help you understand that in 2 years Mitts will be potting 65 points and coyle will be a 4th line 30 point guy at best.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll