SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Welcome to Anaheim Leo Carlsson

Was Carlsson the right choice
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 28, 2023 at 7:28 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I personally think this was the right pick, highlights reel incoming.

Do you think Verbeek made the right choice? Watch the video before answering.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 2:16 p.m.
I thought from a pure fan perspective, Fantilli was the more exciting player and would have been more fun to add to this team. He has a lot of attributes that this team is missing, but this early I think you have to take best player in the draft. However, Carlsson is the correct choice simply because I have full faith in Madden's drafting and despite a few hiccups with RFAs from the old guard, I have a lot of confidence in Verbeek too. I like the way he is handling the rebuild, I think hes building it up the right way and when we are competitive, we will have the depth to extend that window as much as possible. They went Carlsson over Fantilli, so I have to trust they think Carlsson is the better player and I have no reason to doubt their view on things given the recent draft success. I also have some concern over Fantilli's game once he is playing with bigger, tougher, faster players in the NHL. Not saying he is going to be a bust, but I do think he may struggle to adapt more than most think and more than Carlsson. Very excited to watch Leo develop next year and see where this team is going... Also, I love a Swede in Anaheim
GiggywithGibby and LosPatos liked this.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 5:30 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Just realizing we literally drafted Getzlaf 2.0

Ethereal hockey IQ, huge body, good shot but will look for the pass first, only knock is his skating.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Just realizing we literally drafted Getzlaf 2.0

Ethereal hockey IQ, huge body, good shot but will look for the pass first, only knock is his skating.

My god, I just got done watching the video above. I 100% think we made the right decision now especially with Fantilli saying he wanted to go to Columbus & wasn’t sure if we was coming out of college or not

A guy like him should have work to do on skating but that is probably the easiest thing to fix (shout-out to Larry Barron)

Only question I have is where does he play next year? SHL AHL or NHL??

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit