SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Rico's Future in Anaheim

Would you give Rico a 2 year deal after this season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 1, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
A lot has been made of trading Adam Henrique most likely at the deadline this year. I think if the deal is there, we should but I am not opposed to keeping him if were only offered scraps. Now whether we do or don't trade him is almost irrelevant as he becomes a UFA at the end of the year. I am curious to get some thoughts on whether or not you would resign him to a two year deal? He is a very solid and consistent veteran presence on an otherwise young and developing team, and I think that has a lot of indirect value to this team. Even if his production starts to wear down I think his deal would come in at a pretty fair AAV, and he could sunset into a bottom 6 role and give the bottom 6 some added scoring ability. Assuming the contract is fair, the only downside I can really see to resigning him is if we see another Silfverberg-type situation where his contract is just blocking some of our youth from breaking the lineup. However, Rico is not Silf and I think he is the type of player who can keep his production and play at a competitive level into his later years. Not only that, but he is more versatile than Silf and can assume a lot of different roles in the lineup. He has had some injuries, but overall I dont think he plays the type of game that grinds you down in your later years, so I would guess that he is able to keep his production up enough to deserve another 2 years on this roster to help bring this team into their contending window. Not sure if he wants to chase a cup after this upcoming year, but if he is willing to sign a two year deal, I would be all over that if I'm GMPVB
Jun. 1, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 5:18 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I'd give him a two year deal. Would like it to be 4 million AAV, would do 5, maybe a tad more.

He's a leader, he produces, he's versatile. I'd honestly love to put him 3C, move Lundy up to 2C with some talent on the wings to demonstrate what he can do in case we decide to dangle him as a trade chip for a young top 6 RW.
OldNYIfan and Lactic_Flaccid liked this.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'm absolutely sold on the idea of keeping him if Fantilli comes out of school and makes the squad, iffy if he doesn't.

It's automatic in the first instance because I'm convinced that he'd be the perfect LW for Fantilli.

In the other scenario, I'd consider offers for him at the trade deadline. I wouldn't turn a good one down, and if nothing appealed to me, then I'd offer him two more seasons at $4 million, maybe $4.5 million.

I'm with Giggy on the attributes, and I, too, would put him at #3C.
Salzy and Lactic_Flaccid liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.
So I'm going to start this off by saying this, I am without a doubt the most pro-Henrique person on this site, I am 100% biased

I've been a season ticket holder for the Windsor Spitfires since the 2005-2006 season, Adam Henrique's rookie season in the OHL was 2006-2007, He's been a favourite of mine since the first game I saw him, You could argue by the time Windsor would win back to back Memorial Cups (2009 + 2010) he was the best player on a team that had guys like Taylor Hall, Ryan Ellis, Greg Nemisz (Never panned out but was a 1st round pick in 2008), and Cam Fowler among others. Henrique actually scored the OT winner in the semi finals of the 2009 memorial cup, and he scored the 1st goal in our 4-1 win in the finals, and the next year he followed it up with 2 goals in our 9-1 victory in the memorial cup final that year. Safe to say I have seen every major moment in Henriques career dating back to his OHL rookie year, Easily one of my top 10 favourite players of all time

Pointless rambling aside tears of joy I am 1000% on board for keeping Henrique as long as he wants to stay in SoCal, he can kind of fill the shoes of Getz in the mentorship/leadership role, and he has won on every level (Made a cup final with NJ but didnt win tbf ). He is a fantastic leader, and I can actually say from personal experience he is a great person off the ice too. He is the exact type of veteran prescence you need in a rebuild, and I hope he finishes out his career here. If we're lucky maybe it can be in a Rob Niedermayer/Sammy Pahlsson role from our cup winning team. He can be a perfect puzzle piece on our bottom 6, slot him in anywhere and he'll work.
OldNYIfan, Lenny7, Lactic_Flaccid and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
Lenny7
The "Hey, we're going to be competitive sooner rather than later" side of me says yes, keep him and give him those two years...I truly believe that he's the perfect guy to be here and slot into the bottom 6 over that time.

The "We're *at least* 2-3 years away" side of me, knowing that the likelihood of all of these young guys panning out and producing over the next couple of years is low, says you shop him and see what's out there. If the right offer is there, do it. I do think you can replace him with the right guy in a couple of years when that role needs to be filled.

I'm also the biggest "You don't just trade a guy to trade him" drum banger, so yeah, I'm fine either way.
Lactic_Flaccid, OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Lenny7
Oh FFS...Seravelli is saying that Gibby wants to move on. Do we buy it? Or is this the classic Frank clickbait? Seems weird that a month after Verbeek said "It would be stupid to trade him", he'd turn around and do the thing that he said would be stupid?
OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:33 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I'd give him a two year deal. Would like it to be 4 million AAV, would do 5, maybe a tad more.

He's a leader, he produces, he's versatile. I'd honestly love to put him 3C, move Lundy up to 2C with some talent on the wings to demonstrate what he can do in case we decide to dangle him as a trade chip for a young top 6 RW.

Quoting: OldNYIfan
I'm absolutely sold on the idea of keeping him if Fantilli comes out of school and makes the squad, iffy if he doesn't.

It's automatic in the first instance because I'm convinced that he'd be the perfect LW for Fantilli.

In the other scenario, I'd consider offers for him at the trade deadline. I wouldn't turn a good one down, and if nothing appealed to me, then I'd offer him two more seasons at $4 million, maybe $4.5 million.

I'm with Giggy on the attributes, and I, too, would put him at #3C.

I definitely dont hate that idea, I absolutely love Lundestrom's game but I just dont see him in the long term plans of this team in more scenarios than not. I think Ducks fans are higher on him than the rest of the league because he hasnt had the numbers or linemates to elevate his game. I agree we should start looking at increasing his value sooner than later or we might regret the return on him one day.
OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:52 p.m.
Quoting: Salzy
So I'm going to start this off by saying this, I am without a doubt the most pro-Henrique person on this site, I am 100% biased

I've been a season ticket holder for the Windsor Spitfires since the 2005-2006 season, Adam Henrique's rookie season in the OHL was 2006-2007, He's been a favourite of mine since the first game I saw him, You could argue by the time Windsor would win back to back Memorial Cups (2009 + 2010) he was the best player on a team that had guys like Taylor Hall, Ryan Ellis, Greg Nemisz (Never panned out but was a 1st round pick in 2008), and Cam Fowler among others. Henrique actually scored the OT winner in the semi finals of the 2009 memorial cup, and he scored the 1st goal in our 4-1 win in the finals, and the next year he followed it up with 2 goals in our 9-1 victory in the memorial cup final that year. Safe to say I have seen every major moment in Henriques career dating back to his OHL rookie year, Easily one of my top 10 favourite players of all time

Pointless rambling aside tears of joy I am 1000% on board for keeping Henrique as long as he wants to stay in SoCal, he can kind of fill the shoes of Getz in the mentorship/leadership role, and he has won on every level (Made a cup final with NJ but didnt win tbf ). He is a fantastic leader, and I can actually say from personal experience he is a great person off the ice too. He is the exact type of veteran prescence you need in a rebuild, and I hope he finishes out his career here. If we're lucky maybe it can be in a Rob Niedermayer/Sammy Pahlsson role from our cup winning team. He can be a perfect puzzle piece on our bottom 6, slot him in anywhere and he'll work.

That's actually super awesome you've been watching him that long, a good career to follow for sure. Glad to hear everyone is pretty much on the same train I am. I love Rico and whether or not we deal him this year, I would love to see him back. A lot of young guys for him to be a good role model for
Salzy liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 10:03 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
The "Hey, we're going to be competitive sooner rather than later" side of me says yes, keep him and give him those two years...I truly believe that he's the perfect guy to be here and slot into the bottom 6 over that time.

The "We're *at least* 2-3 years away" side of me, knowing that the likelihood of all of these young guys panning out and producing over the next couple of years is low, says you shop him and see what's out there. If the right offer is there, do it. I do think you can replace him with the right guy in a couple of years when that role needs to be filled.

I'm also the biggest "You don't just trade a guy to trade him" drum banger, so yeah, I'm fine either way.

I am starting to lean towards the "at least 2-3 years away" camp (maybe next season can change my tune) but even then I just am honestly not sure if a team will pay enough for one year of Rico unless its a team at the end of its contending window who may value him highly (i.e. Pittsburgh). Of course if a deal is just too good to pass up on then you have to pull the trigger but if we get nothing for him, I still think having him on the team is beneficial long term
Lenny7 and Salzy liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
Quoting: TrevorsZebras
That's actually super awesome you've been watching him that long, a good career to follow for sure. Glad to hear everyone is pretty much on the same train I am. I love Rico and whether or not we deal him this year, I would love to see him back. A lot of young guys for him to be a good role model for

I've been blessed to be season ticket holder for a team that has won 3 memorial cups since 2009 (one as host which was an experience I'll never forget), I've been able to see so many high end players early in the career. Rico, Taylor Hall, Ryan Ellis, Wyatt Johnston, Cam Fowler, Jack Campbell, Phill Grubauer, Josh Bailey, Mikhail Sergachev and this year even though it failed miserably they traded for Shane Wright tears of joy man I feel old tears of joy

In my mind if he wants to be here we have no reason not to keep him, we need vets and leaders. Rico even knows the struggles of battling in the AHL which could be so valuable with our younger guys coming up

Response took so long as seeing Servallis report that @Lenny7 mentioned made me take a break from the sitetears of joy
Lenny7 and Lactic_Flaccid liked this.
Jun. 13, 2023 at 4:34 a.m.
LosPatos
I feel left out frown

But ultimately I think Henrique should stay the long haul. He’s been great for us except for one season (the waiver season…) and he’s been an excellent leader. He’s ultimately a fan favorite player for the past 3 ish years and I don’t think the fans would want him gone so quickly.

I’d honestly go as far to say that Henrique could be a real candidate for our next captain. He’s got the heart and the leadership to do so.

That being said, if a team who’s desperate for a 2C Veteran comes along with a haul for Henrique, it might be something to consider.

But all and all, I’d really prefer to keep Rico. He’s been one of my favorite players since he’s arrived to the Ducks and I’d like to see him stay.
Jun. 15, 2023 at 5:56 p.m.
Quoting: LosPatos
I feel left out frown

But ultimately I think Henrique should stay the long haul. He’s been great for us except for one season (the waiver season…) and he’s been an excellent leader. He’s ultimately a fan favorite player for the past 3 ish years and I don’t think the fans would want him gone so quickly.

I’d honestly go as far to say that Henrique could be a real candidate for our next captain. He’s got the heart and the leadership to do so.

That being said, if a team who’s desperate for a 2C Veteran comes along with a haul for Henrique, it might be something to consider.

But all and all, I’d really prefer to keep Rico. He’s been one of my favorite players since he’s arrived to the Ducks and I’d like to see him stay.

I knew I was forgetting people haha my bad
LosPatos liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit