SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

Prospects for Meier

Feb. 17, 2023 at 12:35 p.m.
Devils Guy
Is it safe to say that NJ's untouchable prospects are Simon Nemec and Luke Hughes. I'm just wondering if Mike Grier was to ask for Nemec to be the main piece for a Meier trade what exactly Fitzgerald would say. We have some many prospects in our system ( which is awesome ) like Mukhamadulin, Holtz, Casey, Gritsyuk, Clarke, Daws, Walsh, Okhotiuk and more. Let me know what you guys think of Grier possibly asking for Nemec and what a fair package could be for Meier.
Feb. 17, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Ordered from untouchable to take 'em...in tiers (not a ranking)

Luke Hughes

Dawson Mercer
Simon Nemec
Alex Holtz

Akira Schmid
Shakir Mukhamadullin

Nolan Foote
Topias Vilen
Seamus Casey

Arseni Gritsyuk
Samu Salminen
Josh Filmon
Petr Hauser

Nico Daws
Kevin Bahl
Nikita Okhotiuk
Daniil Orlov

Chase Stillman
Ethan Edwards
Case McCarthy
Tyce Thompson
Reilly Walsh
Graeme Clarke
Feb. 20, 2023 at 5:28 a.m.
do not Devil my ass
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Ordered from untouchable to take 'em...in tiers (not a ranking)

Luke Hughes

Dawson Mercer
Simon Nemec
Alex Holtz

Akira Schmid
Shakir Mukhamadullin

Nolan Foote
Topias Vilen
Seamus Casey

Arseni Gritsyuk
Samu Salminen
Josh Filmon
Petr Hauser

Nico Daws
Kevin Bahl
Nikita Okhotiuk
Daniil Orlov

Chase Stillman
Ethan Edwards
Case McCarthy
Tyce Thompson
Reilly Walsh
Graeme Clarke

I think the org might be inching Holtz closer and closer to available territory.
If there were a Meier trade before the deadline I wouldn't have Holtz as the most likely prospect to be included in the package, but the closer we get to deadline I feel like the risk of having to include him goes up.
4 Utica games between now and the deadline, so there's some time for Holtz to showcase his abilities for the Sharks.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 8:56 a.m.
Quoting: Tintin
I think the org might be inching Holtz closer and closer to available territory.
If there were a Meier trade before the deadline I wouldn't have Holtz as the most likely prospect to be included in the package, but the closer we get to deadline I feel like the risk of having to include him goes up.
4 Utica games between now and the deadline, so there's some time for Holtz to showcase his abilities for the Sharks.

Maybe...but it really sounded like (from Holtz, Brunette, and Fitzgerald) that they were intent on developing him.

There was a tweet last night that Sharks like Zetterlund.

There was something about a Sharks scout, Ladykin (sp?), that has been following Avangard around.

There is also Grier's comments from after the draft talking about they needed to add numbers (ie, quantity over quality). Was probably just trying to justify his trade back, but if that is true...maybe they want a few good prospects, instead of one big one.

Who knows, really.

I am starting to think Boeser may be the most likely option. If Fitzy doesn't get permission to talk to Meier's agent in few days, he ought to pivot elsewhere.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Maybe...but it really sounded like (from Holtz, Brunette, and Fitzgerald) that they were intent on developing him.

There was a tweet last night that Sharks like Zetterlund.

There was something about a Sharks scout, Ladykin (sp?), that has been following Avangard around.

There is also Grier's comments from after the draft talking about they needed to add numbers (ie, quantity over quality). Was probably just trying to justify his trade back, but if that is true...maybe they want a few good prospects, instead of one big one.

Who knows, really.

I am starting to think Boeser may be the most likely option. If Fitzy doesn't get permission to talk to Meier's agent in few days, he ought to pivot elsewhere.

There have been Sharks scouts at both Devils and Comets games fairly recently, they are zeroing in on who they would ask for in a potential trade. I heard that rumor about Zetterlund too, kinda hope its not true because that kid works his ass off to get where he is .
Feb. 20, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: DevilsInDisguise
There have been Sharks scouts at both Devils and Comets games fairly recently, they are zeroing in on who they would ask for in a potential trade. I heard that rumor about Zetterlund too, kinda hope its not true because that kid works his ass off to get where he is .

Been Sharks scouts at Avangard games too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll