SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Weak Cowards

Jul. 8, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
To anyone that I ever argued with on here, I'm sorry. You were right. CHI's front office is full of weak lying cowards who were bluffing and never intended to deal from a position of strength in the first place.

I slept on it, and yesterday was still an awful day. CHI's GM, Kyle Davidson, chose to lie and act like he was dealing from a position of strength and consistently telling us he had no reason to trade Cat unless someone stepped up and paid a huge price and that he wasn't going to force anything. Then at the last second he folded in a HUGE show of weakness and admittedly didn't even try to get more.

Don't try to sell me the "no one wants to pay him $9mil next year" argument. Every GM that made a bid knew EXACTLY what they were getting into and Davidson DIDN'T have to sell them on Cat's $9mil price tag. Dorion and OTT got the steal of the century and they know it. Both him and Dach are young and are better for a long term rebuild than what CHI recieved. CHI has PLENTY of cap space over the next few years and could've paid them and still retained cap flexibility, if for no other reason than to stay above the cap floor. He also went around telling everyone that he was not the same as Bowman and then turns around and gets fleeced just like Bowman would have... Probably even worse than Bowman would have.

He showed the fan base and the entire NHL that they can expect a weak GM that isn't going to stand his ground and isn't going to make the right decisions under pressure. If he continues on the same trajectory, using the same tactics, we can expect another 20 years of mediocrity that will have implications that linger far beyond his tenure as CHI's GM, much like the dark ages of Blackhawks hockey. None of what they have done will be conducive to "sustained success" or "doing things the right way". None of what they did yesterday was even close to being "the right way". They made weak knee jerk trades and then turned around and made huge reaches on every pick when there were MUCH BETTER players available.

So, not only have they become an extremely weak organization on the hockey operations side showing zero signs of any light at the end of the tunnel, but they have not taken any real ownership of the Kyle Beach situation and made the necessarily bold public statements on what happened and how they are going to move forward. This organization is garbage and they somehow made it MUCH worse in a single day. Wouldn't be surprised to see the rebuild fail miserably and the Wirtz family selling the franchise in the near future.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
The Debrincat one makes me feel the worst, but I bet he bridges to UFA and walks, and even then I think Chicago lost the trade. Sorry dude.
Garak and ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: tryger
The Debrincat one makes me feel the worst, but I bet he bridges to UFA and walks, and even then I think Chicago lost the trade. Sorry dude.

I agree. Even if Ottawa loses him for nothing, CHI lost. But I think if it comes to that, OTT will get a better return for him at the deadline or before free agency, than what we got for him.
tryger and ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 8, 2022 at 8:29 p.m.
Steve Durbano Fan
Quoting: Garak
To anyone that I ever argued with on here, I'm sorry. You were right. CHI's front office is full of weak lying cowards who were bluffing and never intended to deal from a position of strength in the first place.

I slept on it, and yesterday was still an awful day. CHI's GM, Kyle Davidson, chose to lie and act like he was dealing from a position of strength and consistently telling us he had no reason to trade Cat unless someone stepped up and paid a huge price and that he wasn't going to force anything. Then at the last second he folded in a HUGE show of weakness and admittedly didn't even try to get more.

Don't try to sell me the "no one wants to pay him $9mil next year" argument. Every GM that made a bid knew EXACTLY what they were getting into and Davidson DIDN'T have to sell them on Cat's $9mil price tag. Dorion and OTT got the steal of the century and they know it. Both him and Dach are young and are better for a long term rebuild than what CHI recieved. CHI has PLENTY of cap space over the next few years and could've paid them and still retained cap flexibility, if for no other reason than to stay above the cap floor. He also went around telling everyone that he was not the same as Bowman and then turns around and gets fleeced just like Bowman would have... Probably even worse than Bowman would have.

He showed the fan base and the entire NHL that they can expect a weak GM that isn't going to stand his ground and isn't going to make the right decisions under pressure. If he continues on the same trajectory, using the same tactics, we can expect another 20 years of mediocrity that will have implications that linger far beyond his tenure as CHI's GM, much like the dark ages of Blackhawks hockey. None of what they have done will be conducive to "sustained success" or "doing things the right way". None of what they did yesterday was even close to being "the right way". They made weak knee jerk trades and then turned around and made huge reaches on every pick when there were MUCH BETTER players available.

So, not only have they become an extremely weak organization on the hockey operations side showing zero signs of any light at the end of the tunnel, but they have not taken any real ownership of the Kyle Beach situation and made the necessarily bold public statements on what happened and how they are going to move forward. This organization is garbage and they somehow made it MUCH worse in a single day. Wouldn't be surprised to see the rebuild fail miserably and the Wirtz family selling the franchise in the near future.

Quoting: Garak

The pain is just starting but what is happening now has been necessary for 3or 4 seasons already. The mini rebuild did not work and with Kane and Toews in there twilight years there was no salvaging it now, Aim for last place and build around Bedard and 3 seasons from now the Hawks will be back to have a run. If they don't rush Commesso they already have the goalie to make it happen.
Garak liked this.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 11:05 a.m.
Quoting: Steve_Durbanofan11
The pain is just starting but what is happening now has been necessary for 3or 4 seasons already. The mini rebuild did not work and with Kane and Toews in there twilight years there was no salvaging it now, Aim for last place and build around Bedard and 3 seasons from now the Hawks will be back to have a run. If they don't rush Commesso they already have the goalie to make it happen.

I am all for tearing down and rebuilding. I couldn't be more ready. It's not about Cat or Dach or being against a rebuild, it's about all the rhetoric he has been spouting off compared to how he executed the trade and what he got in return. It just shows me that he is not the right guy for the job. He admittedly didn't even try to get more, and he got fleeced by one of the softest GM's in the NHL. That tells me that GM's are going to take advantage of him in the future and it's going to be a constant game of "one step forward, two steps back".

Honestly, at this point, I'm done being mad about it, though. I'm hoping for the best but I just fear he is going to be soft and it is going to show through in the rebuild and we are gonna end up like AZ or one of the other perpetually rebuilding teams. I also really think they need to get on top of the Kyle Beach situation more directly and openly, if they want to earn some respect back from the city of Chicago.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll