SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

why trade Jordan Eberle?

Should The EDmonton Oilers Trade Jordan Eberle?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 6, 2017 at 8:03 p.m.
Jhawk9791
Why or why not?
Feb. 7, 2017 at 1:46 a.m.
Let Em Play
I only watch EDM a few times a year, so take my op with a grain of salt. I already voted "NO", and I was gonna say he seemed to have chemistry w McNugget and you should keep him but then I poked around a little and realized, at $6 million a year, he seems to be showing some signs of decline, he's probably about as valuable as he's ever going to be right now, and you need to re-sign McBurger after next season. If you can get a quality D-man or a goalie for him, go for it.
Feb. 10, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
If the return is right, yes. If they bring in another young defensemen to the mix, then they do it. But given that they had to trade Hall for Larsson, there isn't much of a return that makes sense from the Oilers' perspective. I doubt they can get that return unless a team was desperate for depth scoring (like Anaheim or LA). My biggest issue with trading Eberle would be how well the right wing looks in Edmonton. Puljujarvi should be there next season, but after that, there isn't much to write home about. While they have guys that are capable of doing it, Eberle is still the best out of them.
Mar. 1, 2017 at 9:36 p.m.
trade him for future cap space..... 6 mill for lucic, eberle, nuge and soon to be draisatial is too much with mcdavid coming up......edmonton has to trade him before teams can assume he will be a complete salary dump to make room for mcdcvid.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 10:52 p.m.
Quoting: CM10
trade him for future cap space..... 6 mill for lucic, eberle, nuge and soon to be draisatial is too much with mcdavid coming up......edmonton has to trade him before teams can assume he will be a complete salary dump to make room for mcdcvid.

Who would want Eberle though? Not many teams want to take on 6 Million cap without sending any back. Maybe Edmonton should also just pay Vegas to pick Pouliot. Seems like he's the one who should go.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit