MTL
  1. Hagelin, Carl
  2. Sprong, Daniel
  3. 2019 1st round pick (PIT)
  4. 2019 2nd round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
Carl Hagelin gets traded Vs a 2nd rounder ,now or at the deadline
PIT
  1. Pacioretty, Max ($2,250,000 retained)
  2. Scherbak, Nikita
  3. 2019 4th round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Hagelin, Carl ($2,000,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$79,500,000$71,391,309$0$1,857,500$8,108,691
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
C
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 13, 2018 at 8:37 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Scherbak and Sprong cancel each other out. and I'd rather keep Scherbak, and I'm sure PIT fans would rather keep Sprong.

So Hagelin + 1st +2nd for Patches + 4th really doesn't cut it for me sorry
Jul. 13, 2018 at 8:42 p.m.
RemBel
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Scherbak and Sprong cancel each other out. and I'd rather keep Scherbak, and I'm sure PIT fans would rather keep Sprong.

I like Sprong potential more than Scherbak, but time will tell
Jul. 13, 2018 at 8:46 p.m.
Chiggy

Man, you are really overvaluing a rental winger coming off a mediocre season.
Gofnut999 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 8:59 p.m.

More than what you are going to get if you trade him now though. Unless he agrees to an extension. Maybe at the deadline you can get that kind of return. Not right now you can’t. Timing is everything. Front office made a mess of this.
Belly and Blazingbat11 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:10 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Chigurrhh
Man, you are really overvaluing a rental winger coming off a mediocre season.

People have to get it into their heads that acquiring Pacthes this offseason doesn't make him a rental. The teams trying to trade for him have every intention to extend him (see LAK trade that fell through at the draft), and MTL is valuing him accordingly. I'm 100% willing to admit if Patches gets traded at the trade deadline this upcoming season with only 20 games left on the season, the deal suggested above can be viewed as an overpayment. and I feel like I'm repeating myself now, but every insider and everyone on here (Hab fan or not) pretty much agrees Pacioretty is going to get $7-7.5mil aav on his next contract. That amount doesn't just magically appear now does it!

What's worse is people on here lowballing for him then putting him on their 1st line, and then signing him to an extension anyway, but "he's a rental"....sure
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:13 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Gofnut999
More than what you are going to get if you trade him now though. Unless he agrees to an extension. Maybe at the deadline you can get that kind of return. Not right now you can’t. Timing is everything. Front office made a mess of this.

So Patches is less valuable now then he would be at the deadline, where now teams would have him for a full season as opposed to just 20games??? you might need to explain that one to me.

But yes I agree that this is all coming down to if Patches wants to extend with the team acquiring him. and absolutely Front office is a mess....doesn't mean I have to be lol
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:18 p.m.
People have to get it into their heads that acquiring Pacthes this offseason doesn't make him a rental. The teams trying to trade for him have every intention to extend him (see LAK trade that fell through at the draft), and MTL is valuing him accordingly. I'm 100% willing to admit if Patches gets traded at the trade deadline this upcoming season with only 20 games left on the season, the deal suggested above can be viewed as an overpayment. and I feel like I'm repeating myself now, but every insider and everyone on here (Hab fan or not) pretty much agrees Pacioretty is going to get $7-7.5mil aav on his next contract. That amount doesn't just magically appear no does it!

What's worse is people on here lowballing for him then putting him on their 1st line, and then signing him to an extension anyway, but "he's a rental"....sure

If he signs an extension as part if the trade they get more value. If he is traded without that extension they get less as the team trading for him has no guarantee that there will be one. Habs front office is rumored to be looking to move him ASAP as is, no extension. If that’s the case they aren’t getting 1st, 2nd, player for him. The draft day deal with Kings was on day 2 which meant 2nd round pick and player(s) and that was with an extension that fell through.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:21 p.m.
People have to get it into their heads that acquiring Pacthes this offseason doesn't make him a rental. The teams trying to trade for him have every intention to extend him (see LAK trade that fell through at the draft), and MTL is valuing him accordingly. I'm 100% willing to admit if Patches gets traded at the trade deadline this upcoming season with only 20 games left on the season, the deal suggested above can be viewed as an overpayment. and I feel like I'm repeating myself now, but every insider and everyone on here (Hab fan or not) pretty much agrees Pacioretty is going to get $7-7.5mil aav on his next contract. That amount doesn't just magically appear now does it!

Teams at the deadline are looking to make a playoff push or cup run are willing to overpay for short term rental. Begining of the season teams aren’t willing to overpay for a 1 year contract. Just business.

Oops, quoted wrong post
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:22 p.m.
RemBel
If he signs an extension as part if the trade they get more value. If he is traded without that extension they get less as the team trading for him has no guarantee that there will be one. Habs front office is rumored to be looking to move him ASAP as is, no extension. If that’s the case they aren’t getting 1st, 2nd, player for him. The draft day deal with Kings was on day 2 which meant 2nd round pick and player(s) and that was with an extension that fell through.

i think the trade that fell down whit LAK included the 20th overall , that pick has become Kupari,, so it was day one
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:22 p.m.
So Patches is less valuable now then he would be at the deadline, where now teams would have him for a full season as opposed to just 20games??? you might need to explain that one to me.

But yes I agree that this is all coming down to if Patches wants to extend with the team acquiring him. and absolutely Front office is a mess....doesn't mean I have to be lol

Teams at the deadline are looking to make a playoff push or cup run are willing to overpay for short term rental. Begining of the season teams aren’t willing to overpay for a 1 year contract. Just business.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:23 p.m.
Quoting: Belly
i think the trade that fell down whit LAK included the 20th overall , that pick has become Kupari,, so it was day one

That’s what i though too originally, it wasn’t though according to what was reported.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
Molson beer is meh

I think you misread the report. It was that MTL have no plans to extend Patches and want to move him asap (having that info go public is idiotic...but Bergefail), not that they want to move him to a team asap with no extension in place with the other team. MTL is most likely giving teams consent to speak to Patches new agent Allen Walsh to try and hash out a deal. and just because the LAK deal was on day 2 (not sure it was) doesn't mean there was no 1st rd pick (or 1st rd player involved), for all we know it could of been the 2019 1st rd pick (lottery protected) + LAK 2018 2nd + roster player.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:34 p.m.
Chiggy

Here's the thing. In order to extend him, you need two things. Cap space and his willingness to sign there. It doesn't take a genius to understand that it limits the places he could be traded to. When this happens, his trade value diminishes. He has full control over whether he agrees to extend with a team trading for him. People who are assuming that he would be only traded to be signed are being overly optimistic.

This is a trade to the Penguins, a team that likely can not afford to sign him. So yeah, this is a trade for a rental.

How many competitive teams that Pacioretty would want to play for have the cap space to sign him at $7 million a year?
Gofnut999 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:34 p.m.
RemBel
There was a rumor about Walsh leaking purposely that rumor so that put pressure on Berge to trade him ASAP without having him signing a extension whit the new team, unless its florida,
But Tallon knows he is gonna get him for free next summer, so he will not overpay
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:36 p.m.
I think you misread the report. It was that MTL have no plans to extend Patches and want to move him asap (having that info go public is idiotic...but Bergefail), not that they want to move him to a team asap with no extension in place with the other team. MTL is most likely giving teams consent to speak to Patches new agent Allen Walsh to try and hash out a deal. and just because the LAK deal was on day 2 (not sure it was) doesn't mean there was no 1st rd pick (or 1st rd player involved), for all we know it could of been the 2019 1st rd pick (lottery protected) + LAK 2018 2nd + roster player.

A). Of course they will try to trade him with an extension and get a better return. But they aten’’t averse to moving him without one at this point.

B). What was reported was it was a day 2 deal, draft pick involved, could not get extension signed when the pick came due. LA bailed.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:48 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Here's the thing. In order to extend him, you need two things. Cap space and his willingness to sign there. It doesn't take a genius to understand that it limits the places he could be traded to. When this happens, his trade value diminishes. He has full control over whether he agrees to extend with a team trading for him. People who are assuming that he would be only traded to be signed are being overly optimistic.

This is a trade to the Penguins, a team that likely can not afford to sign him. So yeah, this is a trade for a rental.

How many competitive teams that Pacioretty would want to play for have the cap space to sign him $7 million a year?

Quite a few actually, LAK were planning on doing it, SJS, now CHI, FLA, NYI, VGK, DAL, TBL and CAR had been rumored to be interested. Teams like PIT and EDM who most likely have shown some sort of interest probably don't have the cap for Pacthes at $7mil, that doesn't mean MTL now has to accommodate them and lower the price. Right now I think there are a few factors that are holding a deal back. 1) team interested in Karlsson have been rumored to be in on Patches if they can't get Karlsson. so that domino might need to fall first. 2) MTL have made it clear that they are selling Patches at full price (no discounts for a 35 goals scorer two-way 1st line LW). So teams interested obviously want to make 100% sure they can extend him if they are indeed paying full price, which is why again, MTL probably gave permission for teams to communicate with Patches agent to negotiate a deal.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 9:51 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
A). Of course they will try to trade him with an extension and get a better return. But they aten’’t averse to moving him without one at this point.

B). What was reported was it was a day 2 deal, draft pick involved, could not get extension signed when the pick came due. LA bailed.

I think this is false

Quoting: Belly
There was a rumor about Walsh leaking purposely that rumor so that put pressure on Berge to trade him ASAP without having him signing a extension whit the new team, unless its florida,
But Tallon knows he is gonna get him for free next summer, so he will not overpay

what he said.

and god I hope that isn't true about Tallon. but that would explain a lot.....
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:04 p.m.
Chiggy
SJS, now CHI, FLA, NYI, VGK, DAL, TBL and CAR.

San Jose tried to and then got Kovy instead. They were looking to add one winger and they did that.

Why would he want to sign with the Islanders or Carolinan?

So that leaves Chicago, Florida (where it was rumored he was ok going to), Vegas, Dallas, and Tampa who could possibly sign him. How many of those is he actually willing to sign with?

The options are quite limited. And obviously, if Dallas and Tampa, or even Vegas are trying to get Karlsson, it could delay this trade.

Additionally, of the teams interested in him, particularly Florida who isn't in a win-now situation, which ones absolutely need him now and can't wait until Free agency?

And then there's the added complication of coming to terms with an agreed contract with this team prior to a trade. That could be difficult as well. And if a team isn't willing to pay the guy enough (whether that be for internal budgetary reasons or otherwise), it could take them out of the running.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:12 p.m.
RemBel
I think this is false

what he said.

I dont find it! but i saw that 2 days ago.. If i find it i'll post it for sure
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:16 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
San Jose tried to and then got Kovy instead (I think you mean LAK, and it was said on TSN that LA getting Kovalchuk was completely unrelated to them trying to get Patches). They were looking to add one winger and they did that.

Why would he want to sign with the Islanders or Carolinan? (This is just me speculating, but CAR you can argue are an "up and coming" team. and NYI would most likely give Patches the money/contract he'd want. When Patches said he wanted to resign with the Habs, obviously he's putting family and job security way before wanting to go to a contending team. So if NYI offer him the best deal, it's not impossible to see him sign there.)

So that leaves Chicago, Florida (where it was rumored he was ok going to), Vegas, Dallas, and Tampa who could possibly sign him (I still think you can add SJS and LAK to that list) . How many of those is he actually willing to sign with?

The options are quite limited (so 7 teams, possibly 9 if you want to add NYI and CAR is a limited market.... I don't think so). And obviously, if Dallas and Tampa, or even Vegas are trying to get Karlsson, it could delay this trade. (absolutely! which could explain why it's taking so long!!!)

Additionally, of the teams interested in him, particularly Florida who isn't in a win-now situation, which ones absolutely need him now and can't wait until Free agency?
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:21 p.m.
RemBel
I think this is false

what he said.

https://hockey30.com/nouvelles/allan-walsh-a-tout-manigance This is a french canadian rumor site on steroids, it's worth what it's worth.. but never know, sometimes he is right
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:22 p.m.
Chiggy
Yeah, I met LA. And you can absolutely remove them from the list. And it was reported that they were after one winger (Kessel, Skinnner, Kovaluchuk). And they got one. It's completely related to being in or not on Pacioretty.

And the San Jose thing fell through .

So that's five teams that are reasonably in it. And then it's up to those teams being willing to give enough assets up, Pacioretty wanting to go there, and the contract negotiation going successfully. That narrows down those five teams. There just aren't that many teams to bid against each other.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:45 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Yeah, I met LA. And you can absolutely remove them from the list. And it was reported that they were after one winger (Kessel, Skinnner, Kovaluchuk). And they got one. It's completely related to being in or not on Pacioretty. (Nope, see tweet below)

And the San Jose thing fell through .

So that's five teams that are reasonably in it. And then it's up to those teams being willing to give enough assets up, Pacioretty wanting to go there, and the contract negotiation going successfully. That narrows down those five teams. There just aren't that many teams to bid against each other. (even if it's just 5-6 teams, that's still a pretty large market to start bidding wars considering markets for star players isn't always that large to begin with)

Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:50 p.m.
Chiggy

That's just McKenzie's opinion which isn't the same as his reporting. Only a few weeks ago he speculated that Jack Johnson would get 6 million a year. The fact remains that the Kings just don't have the cap space after that signing.

My point is that even if we narrow it down to 5-6 possible teams, the number of actual teams that fulfill those categories is smaller and it requires multiple things to go right (All three parties agreeing on price and for it to happen). This is an extremely limited market for a sign and trade.

As a rental, there are many more options.
Jul. 13, 2018 at 10:59 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
That's just McKenzie's opinion which isn't the same as his reporting. Only a few weeks ago he speculated that Jack Johnson would get 6 million a year. The fact remains that the Kings just don't have the cap space after that signing.

My point is that even if we narrow it down to 5-6 possible teams, the number of actual teams that fulfill those categories is smaller and it requires multiple things to go right (All three parties agreeing on price and for it to happen). This is an extremely limited market for a sign and trade.

As a rental, there are many more options.

the fact that there "could" be more options of interested teams for Patches as a rental is irrelevant. MTL wants the value of Patches on a long term deal, sure it's more of a complex deal, but that's kind of why it's taking so long. and there's still lots of time this offseason to get something done.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll