UFA - 2
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 4
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$652,500$652,500 (Performance Bonus$235,000$235K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LW
UFA - 3
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$667,500$667,500 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$575,000$575,000
RW
UFA - 1
$655,000$655,000 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
LW
UFA - 1
$700,833$700,833 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
$5,750,000$5,750,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$600,000$600,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,300,000$3,300,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 2
$600,000$600,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 13, 2016 at 2:48 p.m.
Pens
Only problem is that you traded away 3 RWers and brought in 0. Kunitz is a a pure LWer, Rust isnt ready for a top-6 role, and Kuhnhackl doesnt deserve atop-12 role, so i dont like it.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 2:59 p.m.
caps cup
move saad to right wing then....and swap rust w ferh who played 1st line and did well with washington last year also u can move sunqvist up. that would solve ur main issues
Feb. 13, 2016 at 3:48 p.m.
Terrible
Feb. 13, 2016 at 4:44 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Fair trade? Saad is better, cheaper than Kessell. Certainly more upside than Kessell. Rychel even now is at a par with Bennett with a lot more upside potential.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 5:38 p.m.
Pens
Quoting: palhal
Fair trade? Saad is better, cheaper than Kessell. Certainly more upside than Kessell. Rychel even now is at a par with Bennett with a lot more upside potential.

Saad isnt better. $800,000 is chump chance. Not more upside. Just has youth on his side. Thats the only reason why Columbus wouldnt trade Saad straight up for Kessel. Will likely end up with similar statistics as Kessel. Good try, though. Accurate regarding Rychel and Bennett.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: Sqm918

Saad isnt better. $800,000 is chump chance. Not more upside. Just has youth on his side. Thats the only reason why Columbus wouldnt trade Saad straight up for Kessel. Will likely end up with similar statistics as Kessel. Good try, though. Accurate regarding Rychel and Bennett.

Saad 23 years old 55gms 20g 16a 36pts
Kessel 28 years old 54gms 16g 19a 35pts

I would take Saad 10 times out of 10, way more upside in Saad, and arguably better entering the prime of his career, might want to mention who is out scoring Kessel with Brandon Dubinsky as his C, not Malkin or Crosby.

Kessel has been a beast for so many years, but I don't think he is getting a premier forward in any package, look at the package that the pens got him in. Too much bad voodoo attached to his name
Feb. 13, 2016 at 6:56 p.m.
Pens
Quoting: coga16

I would take Saad 10 times out of 10, way more upside in Saad, and arguably better entering the prime of his career, might want to mention who is out scoring Kessel with Brandon Dubinsky as his C, not Malkin or Crosby.

Kessel has been a beast for so many years, but I don't think he is getting a premier forward in any package, look at the package that the pens got him in. Too much bad voodoo attached to his name

It would depend on who else was on the team that would determine who I would rather take. If i had a team like Pittsburgh, I would say Saad. If I had Toronto, I would say Kessel. When you have guys like Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin on the team, u arent gonna be filling the net with goals especially if you are on a line with one of them. Saad has a mere 4 more goals than Kessel. Just 4. Saad should actually have more goals given the fact he plays with a MUCH less skilled player in Dubinsky. You pretty much proved me right when you said, "...might want to mention who is out scoring Kessel with Brandon Dubinsky as his C, not Malkin or Crosby," so thanks for that. Kessel would hands down get the pens an elite scorer. No, not Toews or Kane, but a package for Saad and company could happen.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 7:52 p.m.

It would depend on who else was on the team that would determine who I would rather take. If i had a team like Pittsburgh, I would say Saad. If I had Toronto, I would say Kessel. When you have guys like Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin on the team, u arent gonna be filling the net with goals especially if you are on a line with one of them. Saad has a mere 4 more goals than Kessel. Just 4. Saad should actually have more goals given the fact he plays with a MUCH less skilled player in Dubinsky. You pretty much proved me right when you said, "...might want to mention who is out scoring Kessel with Brandon Dubinsky as his C, not Malkin or Crosby," so thanks for that. Kessel would hands down get the pens an elite scorer. No, not Toews or Kane, but a package for Saad and company could happen.

Kessel won't get you a younger, slightly better cap hit, same production forward in a trade. Why would a team trade for an older more expensive version of what they already have. NHL teams are not that dumb, it doesnt work like that
Feb. 13, 2016 at 8:32 p.m.
Pens

Kessel won't get you a younger, slightly better cap hit, same production forward in a trade. Why would a team trade for an older more expensive version of what they already have. NHL teams are not that dumb, it doesnt work like that

I never said Kessel alone would get a guy like Saad. I said a package that includes Kessel and Saad. A package that could include Columbus receiving some young guys and/or picks for the future. You never know. That's precisely how "it" works.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 9:31 p.m.

I never said Kessel alone would get a guy like Saad. I said a package that includes Kessel and Saad. A package that could include Columbus receiving some young guys and/or picks for the future. You never know. That's precisely how "it" works.

you are one of the most ridiculous posters on this site, first you are clamouring how Saad isn't better, just youth on his side, then adamant that Kessel would hands down get you an elite scorer in a trade, and now you are saying Kessel alone wouldnt get a guy like Saad? You go all over the place with your trade value and assessments.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 10:40 p.m.
Pens
Edited Feb. 13, 2016 at 10:58 p.m.

you are one of the most ridiculous posters on this site, first you are clamouring how Saad isn't better, just youth on his side, then adamant that Kessel would hands down get you an elite scorer in a trade, and now you are saying Kessel alone wouldnt get a guy like Saad? You go all over the place with your trade value and assessments.

You contradict urself. You understand the fact that Saad is younger, but dont get the fact that they Columbus wouldnt trade Saad straight up for Kessel. Why would Columbus trade for an exact replica of Saad, but 5 yrs. older when they could just have 5 more years of playing time in Saad. You said it urself in a previous comment, but I guess u dont even understand what YOU are saying. Yes, i said Saad isnt better, but I never said Kessel is better either. The only way the pens get Saad is if it involves a package going to both teams. Its the exact same situation with a Crosby for McDavid trade. Crosby is 10 yrs. older, so why would Edmonton trade away a replica of Crosby when they could just have McDavid for 10 more years. It's a simple concept, but for whatever reason you are having a hard time comprehending. All you have to do is use ur brain, think, and comprehend. You should try that same strategy when you comment again because you definitely havent done that so far. Lastly, im the most ridiculous posters on this site?!? Haha dont make me laugh. You should look in a mirror and repeat that. You just dont like me because I prove you wrong and make you sound foolish.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 11:28 p.m.

You contradict urself. You understand the fact that Saad is younger, but dont get the fact that they Columbus wouldnt trade Saad straight up for Kessel. Why would Columbus trade for an exact replica of Saad, but 5 yrs. older when they could just have 5 more years of playing time in Saad. You said it urself in a previous comment, but I guess u dont even understand what YOU are saying. Yes, i said Saad isnt better, but I never said Kessel is better either. The only way the pens get Saad is if it involves a package going to both teams. Its the exact same situation with a Crosby for McDavid trade. Crosby is 10 yrs. older, so why would Edmonton trade away a replica of Crosby when they could just have McDavid for 10 more years. It's a simple concept, but for whatever reason you are having a hard time comprehending. All you have to do is use ur brain, think, and comprehend. You should try that same strategy when you comment again because you definitely havent done that so far. Lastly, im the most ridiculous posters on this site?!? Haha dont make me laugh. You should look in a mirror and repeat that. You just dont like me because I prove you wrong and make you sound foolish.

I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension, but thanks for coming out and going on a long winded rant about nothing that hasn't already said stated in my earlier posts. From the 1st to the last I said it was a bad trade for Columbus and no reason to trade for Kessel, I guess you are having trouble grasping the concept and rhetorical questions when someone says, why would columbus do that.

Keep on fighting the good fight, I look forward to the next Bennett, Cole, 2nd round pick block buster for a young stud winger that you seem to keep on posting.
Feb. 13, 2016 at 11:45 p.m.
Pens
Edited Feb. 14, 2016 at 3:32 a.m.

I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension, but thanks for coming out and going on a long winded rant about nothing that hasn't already said stated in my earlier posts. From the 1st to the last I said it was a bad trade for Columbus and no reason to trade for Kessel, I guess you are having trouble grasping the concept and rhetorical questions when someone says, why would columbus do that.

Keep on fighting the good fight, I look forward to the next Bennett, Cole, 2nd round pick block buster for a young stud winger that you seem to keep on posting.

Just keep twisting my words and trying to use them against me. It makes you sound smarter. At least im trying to think of some deals. You just sit on here and wait for OTHER people to make rosters and just whine and complain on how bad they are, but never create any roster yourself. You are doing great, though. Spot on analysis. You should be a GM because you clearly know everything (said no one ever.)
Feb. 14, 2016 at 1:48 p.m.
I would take Saad 10 times out of 10, way more upside in Saad, and arguably better entering the prime of his career...

Kessel has been a beast for so many years, but I don't think he is getting a premier forward in any package, look at the package that the pens got him in.

Yeah pretty much this. Neither is a bad player. But Saad is the guy you take due to age. He even now probably has a better 'all around' game than Kessel. Nothing wrong with that just how it is.
Feb. 15, 2016 at 7:51 p.m.
mostly harmless
Saad for Kessel is lateral at best and a serious downgrade at worst due to different ages.
Rychel for Bennett is a major downgrade, in capability, availability, and (ultimately) cap hit since Bennett needs to be resigned.
The Jackets can't take on additional cap next year because of RFAs that need to be signed.
A 2nd in 2017 doesn't go anywhere near making up the difference.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of this deal being done.
Feb. 16, 2016 at 9:24 a.m.
Agreed there is no chance this deal ever happens and hopefully was not offered as something mildly realistic.
The Pens are stuck with Kessel. It was a homerun swing that has kind of come up short. When you look when Kessel is on the ice watch how hard his linemates work to set him up to score easy goals. Kessel doesn't work hard and create chances on his own. Sure he hustles when he is in a 2-1 with hagelin or Malkin but thats about it. That isn't an elite level player to me and I'd much rather have Saad who will work and not be complacent. Saad is a much better overall player than Kessel. Kessel just has the speed. Speed is great but if you don't work on the ice its not worth it.
If Columbus would trade Rychel for Bennet Rutherford should be blowing up their phones. Rychel is a much better prospect than Bennet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll