SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Buyers/Sellers

Feb. 20, 2018 at 2:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Major Buyers (looking at big name UFAs): Nashville, Tampa Bay
Possible Major Buyers (major buyers kind of but not as much): Washington
Buyers (any rentals that make sense): Boston, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Dallas, St. Louis, San Jose
Minor Buyers Who Could Still Add A Big Name Player (adding a bigger name rental is unlikely but still could happen): Anaheim, Philadelphia, New Jersey
Minor Buyers: Toronto
Probably Keep The Team Mostly The Same Except Maybe Minor Buyers (could make maybe one smaller deal for a rental): Vegas, Minnesota
Non-Rental Buyers (trying to add non-rental players that can help them now): NY Islanders
Buyers And Sellers: Carolina
Not Buyers Or Sellers: Los Angeles, Columbus, Calgary
Either Sellers Or Neither (won't be buyers ... could be sellers but could be neither also): Colorado
Sellers Only For The Right Offers (sellers but have to be careful sellers): NY Rangers, Edmonton
Sellers But How? (sellers but no idea what they'll do): Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa
Sellers: Florida, Detroit, Vancouver
Rental And Non-Rental Sellers: Arizona
Major Sellers: Buffalo

I think i've got every team, tell me if i missed any!
Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:27 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Buyers (any rentals that make sense): Boston, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Dallas, St. Louis, San Jose
Minor Buyers Who Could Still Add A Big Name Player (adding a bigger name rental is unlikely but still could happen): Anaheim, Philadelphia, New Jersey
Probably Keep The Team Mostly The Same Except Maybe Minor Buyers (could make maybe one smaller deal for a rental): Vegas, Minnesota
Non-Rental Buyers (trying to add non-rental players that can help them now): NY Islanders
Either Sellers Or Neither (won't be buyers ... could be sellers but could be neither also): Colorado
Sellers Only For The Right Offers (sellers but have to be careful sellers): NY Rangers, Edmonton
Sellers But How? (sellers but no idea what they'll do): Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa

Armstrong isn't a big believer in 1-yr rentals, and he's explicitly said this year that it doesn't make sense / won't magically make the Blues contenders... I'd put the Blues in the category of "Minor buyers who could still add a big-name player"- specifically looking at a top 6 forward like Hoffman, Brassard, Tatar, or even someone out of left field.

“I don’t think we’ll be in the rental market,” Armstrong said. “Anything can change on that but I think if we’re going to make changes, we’re going to do it with someone who can come in and help us for a couple years at least.” This was from late December, and it's anyone's guess as to what he's really going to do (he plays most things close to the chest), but I don't see any rentals making sense.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: AK_tune
Armstrong isn't a big believer in 1-yr rentals, and he's explicitly said this year that it doesn't make sense / won't magically make the Blues contenders... I'd put the Blues in the category of "Minor buyers who could still add a big-name player"- specifically looking at a top 6 forward like Hoffman, Brassard, Tatar, or even someone out of left field.

“I don’t think we’ll be in the rental market,” Armstrong said. “Anything can change on that but I think if we’re going to make changes, we’re going to do it with someone who can come in and help us for a couple years at least.” This was from late December, and it's anyone's guess as to what he's really going to do (he plays most things close to the chest), but I don't see any rentals making sense.

Like i said, any rentals that make sense ... for example, look at a guy like Maroon. He could be a good add by St. Louis if the price isn't too high.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:04 p.m.
Yzerman won't mortgage the future for a chance to win now. He wants to be competitive for years to come, not just 1 or 2.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
Yzerman won't mortgage the future for a chance to win now. He wants to be competitive for years to come, not just 1 or 2.

Yes, there's that too ... i mean guys like Green for example. he's a big name UFA
Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Rob Blake specifically said that the Kings are looking for a mid-level scoring winger, but also won't be trading for any rentals.. I think that fits the non-rental buyer category not the not buyers or sellers category
Feb. 21, 2018 at 12:47 p.m.
Below Market Value
These descriptions are more confusing than helpful.
tad77 and Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
Has anyone else noticed that there are maybe five teams in the rental market? With so many rental wingers (Nash, Kane, Grabner, Maroon), it kinda seems like there's going to be a bursting bubble. If buyers play their cards right, they could get some deep discounts.
Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Except for Tavares who may or may not be available are there are any players that are going to that much of "difference makers" this season. I just don't see it, especially if it means taking a player or two from the current roster. Now there is injury in the next few days, some teams might be more desperate to fill a position.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll