Forums/Armchair-GM

Signing UFA's to replace deadline TEARDOWN

Created by: Theflash9193
Team: 2017-18 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 30, 2017
Published: Aug. 30, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Sign a lot of free agents at the beginning of the season to prepare for deadline moves. Trade many players for picks & prospects. Stack up the prospect pool.

This year may be terrible to watch but in Utica there will be a championship team. Utica will be an absolute force with players ready to make the jump next year.

At the draft canucks do a great job drafting in what is a stacked draft.

The year after canucks ship off more free agents to give our prospects more time to develope. ITS NOT RIGHT TO KEEP PROSPECTS IN A LOSING ENVIRONMENT SO SEND THEM TO UTICA. We want them over ripened and coming out like attack dogs!

Uticas lineup could be

Scherbak Dahlen Boeser
Goldobin Boucher Virtanen
Chaput Gaunce MacEwen
Megna Molino Carcone
Juulsen Subban
Pedan Chatfield
Brisbois Biega
Demko
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$5,300,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
1$2,500,000
1$1,500,000
1$1,500,000
3$2,500,000
1$2,000,000
3$1,500,000
Dahlin, Rasmus
3$925,000
Groulx, Benoit-Olivier
3$925,000
Addison, Kale
3$925,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Sedin, Henrik ($3,500,000 retained)
  2. Sedin, Daniel
  3. 2018 3rd round pick (VAN)
VAN
  1. 2018 1st round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
If Pittsburgh doesn't win the cup then the pick becomes a 2nd
VAN
  1. 2018 1st round pick (TOR)
  2. 2018 2nd round pick (SJS)
TOR
  1. Tanev, Christopher
Additional Details:
Toronto's defence is it's only deficiency with Tanev and Reilly it becomes a strength.
VAN
  1. 2018 2nd round pick (NJD)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$61,685,000$0$0$13,315,000

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
C
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,375,000$4,375,000
RW, C
NTC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 30, 2017 at 3:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
DelZotto a second rounder? Especially could be 40th overall....C'mon. I doubt if Pittsburg or even the Leafs want those cap hits of Elder and Tanev in 2019. I'm sure the Sedins would only want to go a contender, and it's not the Habs.
clark liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 3:55 p.m.
Canucks contenders
Quoting: palhal
DelZotto a second rounder? Especially could be 40th overall....C'mon. I doubt if Pittsburg or even the Leafs want those cap hits of Elder and Tanev in 2019. I'm sure the Sedins would only want to go a contender, and it's not the Habs.

Gosh ur comment made me laugh

1) if del Zotto plays well next to Tanev which he will. A 2nd rounder at the deadline is realistic. Del Zotto is young as well

2) Edler for a conditional first is quite a nice deal. Its no secret Pittsburgh left side needs another top 4 guy. If they do win that 1st will basically be a 2nd anyways. PLUS IF TRADED AT THE DEADLINE PITTSBURGH WILL ONLY TAKE HALF HIS SALARY.

3) leafs fans know how good Tanev is and they would love to see Tanev and Reilly togther. Maybe id change the 2nd to conditional. But the first makes sense. Tanevs better than hamonic and Gudbranson and look what they got. PLUS IF TRADED AT THE DEALDINE LEAFS WILL TAKE HALF HIS ALREADY CHEAP SALARY.

4) Sedins would love a contender and since montreal has a Weber and price all they are missing is a top 6 cente and winger. Montreal is closer than u think they are just missing a top 6 centre. IF SEDINS ARE TRADED AT THE DEADLINE MONTREAL WOULD ONLY TAKE ABOUT HALF THEIR SALARY. AND ONE IS ALREADY RETAINED.

If you don't watch hockey enough to know any of these why respond? wink
Aug. 30, 2017 at 4:04 p.m.
Quoting: Theflash9193

1) if del Zotto plays well next to Tanev which he will. A 2nd rounder at the deadline is realistic. Del Zotto is young as well

2) Edler for a conditional first is quite a nice deal. Its no secret Pittsburgh left side needs another top 4 guy. If they do win that 1st will basically be a 2nd anyways.

3) leafs fans know how good Tanev is and they would love to see Tanev and Reilly togther. Maybe id change the 2nd to conditional. But the first makes sense. Tanevs better than hamonic and Gudbranson and look what they got

4) Sedins would love a contender and since montreal has a Weber and price all they are missing is a top 6 cente and winger. Montreal is closer than u think they are just missing a top 6 centre.

Yeah Flash, I don't think you are all that far off with the Toronto deal. Although I think it would have to happen before the start of the season, a first, along with a prospect, (Rychel, Nielsen, Lindberg, etc. ) or a pick (might have to be a 3rd or 4th) is probably about right. I do agree with Pal though, you'll never get a 2nd for Del Zotto, especially on a young team like NJ. Montreal trade is interesting, but I don't see them in the mix at the deadline so that might have to happen early. Aggressive ask!
Theflash9193 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 4:29 p.m.
Banned
It is a Very good team well done and definitely what the Canucks need. Del Zotto could get a second especially playing top minutes but i have to agree no way in hell the leafs would give up anything close to that for Chris Tanev maybe a second and one of their many forward prospects they don't have room for. But yeah other then that it's a very interesting team better then the current Canucks management has been doing since the fatal loss to Boston.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Canucks contenders
Edited Aug. 30, 2017 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: Doug7004

Yeah Flash, I don't think you are all that far off with the Toronto deal. Although I think it would have to happen before the start of the season, a first, along with a prospect, (Rychel, Nielsen, Lindberg, etc. ) or a pick (might have to be a 3rd or 4th) is probably about right. I do agree with Pal though, you'll never get a 2nd for Del Zotto, especially on a young team like NJ. Montreal trade is interesting, but I don't see them in the mix at the deadline so that might have to happen early. Aggressive ask!

Thank you!

I didn't really know who to ship del Zotto to buts let's just pretend it's to a team that's needs a LHD at the deadline.

And palhal I get what ur saying now, del Zotto and new jersey wouldn't be good matches
Aug. 30, 2017 at 4:51 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Aug. 30, 2017 at 5:11 p.m.

2) Edler for a conditional first is quite a nice deal. Its no secret Pittsburgh left side needs another top 4 guy. If they do win that 1st will basically be a 2nd anyways. PLUS IF TRADED AT THE DEADLINE PITTSBURGH WILL ONLY TAKE HALF HIS SALARY.

3) leafs fans know how good Tanev is and they would love to see Tanev and Reilly togther. Maybe id change the 2nd to conditional. But the first makes sense. Tanevs better than hamonic and Gudbranson and look what they got. PLUS IF TRADED AT THE DEALDINE LEAFS WILL TAKE HALF HIS ALREADY CHEAP SALARY.

4) Sedins would love a contender and since montreal has a Weber and price all they are missing is a top 6 cente and winger. Montreal is closer than u think they are just missing a top 6 centre. IF SEDINS ARE TRADED AT THE DEADLINE MONTREAL WOULD ONLY TAKE ABOUT HALF THEIR SALARY. AND ONE IS ALREADY RETAINED.

Glad to know you have to FIB to try win an argument. I had suggested that that Leafs and Pens would not want pay Tanev and Elder in 2019 and 2020. But somehow you have this great argument that in your second comment that the Pens only have to pay half his salary. Cmon we aren't buying her lack of knowledge about players contracts.

I'm a Leaf fan and I know how good Tanev would look in life lineup. He's barely 4.4m good and certainly not giving two top draft picks. The Leafs likely don't have the cap room now and in the future for such a trade. Leaf could certainly find a another Dman cheaper and not have too give up so much. It's Canucks fans that have pushing for a Tanev trade to the Leafs. 95% of Tanev trades are to the Leafs. If Tanev has any trade value, can't he be traded to another team? I guess not.

Philly fans were glad to get rid of delZotto, If the Devils or any team were so glad to have him, he could have been resigned by another team. You'll see Canucks overpaid for a marginal player.
So you suggest that I don't watch any hockey. May I suggest that you get cable or dish and maybe you watch games in the Eastern Conference. You allegiance to own players is laughable and your lack of knowledge of Eastern Conference is kinda futile when making trades to that Conference. And please learn about the rules of contracts, trades and salary cap.
clark liked this.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 5:21 p.m.
seems like more vancouver hate for a leaf fan theflash9193, has"canucks contenders " under his name. and he suggested pallhal doesn't watch hockey wake up flash it's 2017
Aug. 30, 2017 at 5:29 p.m.

I'm a Leaf fan and I know how good Tanev would look in life lineup. He's barely 4.4m good and certainly not giving two top draft picks. The Leafs likely don't have the cap room now and in the future for such a trade. Leaf could certainly find a another Dman cheaper and not have too give up so much. It's Canucks fans that have pushing for a Tanev trade to the Leafs. 95% of Tanev trades are to the Leafs. If Tanev has any trade value, can't he be traded to another team? I guess not.

It's really not actually. If you do pay attention in the forums or radio it was possible landing spots for Tanev pre July 1 so people just jump on the bandwagon like using him to go to Dallas. IMO we can get a much better haul from other teams than that of the leafs. And AS A CANUCKS FAN. WHY THE F WOULD WE EVER WANT TO HELP OUT THE LEAFS. Plain and simple no way I trade Tanev to the leafs unless we rob them blind for Nylander, Kapanen and a 1st but thats not happening.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 5:43 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
playercoachreggiedunlop: thanks for replying. Now that teams have basically spent to their cap for the upcoming year, it is difficult to make trades.....just for picks. I'm doubting that Leafs could fit in Tanev this year or even next year without making other moves. Same with the Pens. Best thing for a Tanev trade for the Canucks is that he stay healthy and play well this season. Then maybe his remaining two years is very tradeable.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.

Del Zotto hasnt played a full season since 2011. There is no reason to think he will believe on a roster that atrocious. He would be worth a mid round pick at the most as he is nothing but a depth guy for a contending team. (NJD aren't contending, why would they want a prime defender who is a bad influence in the dressing room on their young core)

Edler isn't the same player he used to be, and its not even close. Again on a contending team he is worth nothing more than a mid round pick as he would be a #4 guy at best and he has a contract that is far to big for what you get out of him. The pens aren't worried about the amount they actually pay him (2.5m at the deadline) they're worried about the Cap Hit which is $5m unconditionally.

I don't know many leafs fans who want Tanev, because on a cup contender he's a good #3 or 4 guy (maybe a #2) but he's not the #1 D the leafs need. With his cap hit they will also be compromising 2 or 3 of Bozak, JVR, and Gardiner which is far too much for a player of Tanevs quality. Not to mention he hasn't played a full season ever. The Leafs have a young D-core and unless they can bring in a young #1D which Is extremely unlikely, I expect them to stick with what they have. Rielly Gardiner and Zaitsev are all top 4 D, Carrick, Neilsen, Dermott and Liljegren all have the potential to develop into to 4 D, and then they have Rosen, Borgman and Marincin for depth if needed. The leafs are in no rush to win a cup, they have Marner, Nylander and Matthews locked up for a minimum of 5 seasons, why go all out right now and compromise the squad depth, or the potential to resign all of them? Illogical.

The sedins aren't the players they used to be, and that package isn't nearly enough to take on 10+million in cap hit. Unless Montreal goes all in for this season they would be better off with the 2 prospects.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll