SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Markstrom Draft Take 2

Created by: CD25
Published: Jun. 18 at 10:59 a.m.
Salary Cap: $88,000,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$5,967,742011-------00
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$20,124,1671933505910
Change$5,967,742-1-1-1000
Final$26,091,909 (↑)18 (↓)32 (↓)49 (↓)5910000

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobMontreal CanadiensNHL50%$2,983,871011-------00
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---100------
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$5,967,742011-------00
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---100------
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---010------
Initial$9,413,75019425851016
Change-$2,983,871000010
Final$6,429,879 (↓)194258511 (↑)16000

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---010------
Markström, JacobMontreal CanadiensNHL50%$2,983,871011-------00
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---100------
Initial$19,123,6031534503611
Change-$2,983,8711110-10
Final$16,139,732 (↓)16 (↑)35 (↑)51 (↑)35 (↓)11000
Jun. 18 at 12:46 p.m.
Lemay1998
As a habs fan i do it right now if we can draft iginla and eiserman ouf
Jun. 18 at 1:55 p.m.
Armchair GM
Habs say no imo.. retaining cap isnt the issue but going from 5th and 26th to 9th and 10th is a huge risk. drafting someone like Demidov, Lindstrom, Parakeh is an option at 5 but not at 9&10. Sure Iginla and Eiserman is great, but id rather the habs package some of their many prospects with the 26th to move into the top 12 instead.
Jeff902 liked this.
Jun. 18 at 2:08 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarr
Habs say no imo.. retaining cap isnt the issue but going from 5th and 26th to 9th and 10th is a huge risk. drafting someone like Demidov, Lindstrom, Parakeh is an option at 5 but not at 9&10. Sure Iginla and Eiserman is great, but id rather the habs package some of their many prospects with the 26th to move into the top 12 instead.

I agree with you to some extent. If I were KH, I would not do if Demidov or Parekh is still available and they truly believe that they can be game changers. Lindstrom, I don't know; I was super keen to draft him before it came out that his back injury was in fact a herniated disc... If this is indeed true, it seems like a huge risk.

If I had the choice between drafting a LHD at 5 OA, or two forwards at 9 and 10 OA, then I'd take the latter.
Jun. 18 at 2:29 p.m.
look another deal that's totally crap for New Jersey
Jun. 18 at 3:48 p.m.
Quoting: Element23VM
look another deal that's totally crap for New Jersey

Frankly, I don't know why you think so. NJ gets a goalie that can actually carry them through rough patches, all for the price of going from 10 OA to 26 OA. And the goalie comes with a price tag that allows NJ to make other moves to improve the team... The 10 OA is, in all likelihood, not going to make you a better team before at least 2-3 years

Now maybe you think 2-3 years is a better timing than now for NJ, and that's ok. But "totally crap", really?
Jun. 18 at 5:51 p.m.
Quoting: CD25
Frankly, I don't know why you think so. NJ gets a goalie that can actually carry them through rough patches, all for the price of going from 10 OA to 26 OA. And the goalie comes with a price tag that allows NJ to make other moves to improve the team... The 10 OA is, in all likelihood, not going to make you a better team before at least 2-3 years

Now maybe you think 2-3 years is a better timing than now for NJ, and that's ok. But "totally crap", really?

NJ would be trading for Jacob Markstrom of 2022-23... because he played insulated behind a Darryl Sutter coached team that actually plays well on the board and in front of their net, and he still was horrible. Now that he's playing for nothing this year, oh well he's "okay" again, not great, not MVP... just okay... and then Tanev gets moved, and he sucks ass again.

I will never forget 2022-23... he was horrible, and I just know that's going to be the Markstrom the Devils trade for. Most he's worth is a pick from 22-35 this year just because when he plays at his highest, he's a starting goaltender. NJ is the wrong team for this guy... they don't insulate their goaltenders worth crap and he needs insulation in the worst kind of way or he gets down on himself and starts to really suck... NJ meanwhile have a bunch of 4-5 type defense on their team and the only guy right now who can actually handle top 3 minutes adequately is Hamilton.

NJ trading for a goaltender is a waste of assets until they acquire a defenseman and some forwards who can help insulate the crease with good play on the boards and in front of their net. Until then, they need Nemec to advance two year, Luke to advance four years, and Siegenthaler to actually start winning battles and handling bigger minutes. Bahl also has to play more aggressively and break plays up with his length a lot more.
Jun. 19 at 6:10 a.m.
NJ would be trading for Jacob Markstrom of 2022-23... because he played insulated behind a Darryl Sutter coached team that actually plays well on the board and in front of their net, and he still was horrible. Now that he's playing for nothing this year, oh well he's "okay" again, not great, not MVP... just okay... and then Tanev gets moved, and he sucks ass again.

I will never forget 2022-23... he was horrible, and I just know that's going to be the Markstrom the Devils trade for. Most he's worth is a pick from 22-35 this year just because when he plays at his highest, he's a starting goaltender. NJ is the wrong team for this guy... they don't insulate their goaltenders worth crap and he needs insulation in the worst kind of way or he gets down on himself and starts to really suck... NJ meanwhile have a bunch of 4-5 type defense on their team and the only guy right now who can actually handle top 3 minutes adequately is Hamilton.

NJ trading for a goaltender is a waste of assets until they acquire a defenseman and some forwards who can help insulate the crease with good play on the boards and in front of their net. Until then, they need Nemec to advance two year, Luke to advance four years, and Siegenthaler to actually start winning battles and handling bigger minutes. Bahl also has to play more aggressively and break plays up with his length a lot more.

Now I learned something wink
Jun. 19 at 6:57 a.m.
I agree with you to some extent. If I were KH, I would not do if Demidov or Parekh is still available and they truly believe that they can be game changers. Lindstrom, I don't know; I was super keen to draft him before it came out that his back injury was in fact a herniated disc... If this is indeed true, it seems like a huge risk.

If I had the choice between drafting a LHD at 5 OA, or two forwards at 9 and 10 OA, then I'd take the latter.

Even at RD we already have Reinbacher and Mailloux. No need for Parekh.

Quoting: Bcarr

If the Flames are trading up to 5 it's for Iginla. We would have to hope Catton is available. I guess Eiserman would be the other pick. Who else is even an option? Helenius, maybe. or a dman - one of Parekh, Dickinson, or Buium.

This is not even something I consider until I know who CBJ is taking.
Jun. 19 at 11:18 a.m.
Quoting: doaftheloaf

Even at RD we already have Reinbacher and Mailloux. No need for Parekh.

If the Flames are trading up to 5 it's for Iginla. We would have to hope Catton is available. I guess Eiserman would be the other pick. Who else is even an option? Helenius, maybe. or a dman - one of Parekh, Dickinson, or Buium.

This is not even something I consider until I know who CBJ is taking.

We need 3 RHD wink Not sure Mailloux will pan out as a top 4....

But I agree, it's the kind of trade you decide upon at the very last minute.
Jun. 19 at 2:52 p.m.

So? How do you like the actual deal you got on Markstrom?
Jun. 19 at 4:14 p.m.
So? How do you like the actual deal you got on Markstrom?

frown

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll