Sharkie’s FINAL 2024 Mock

Sharkie’s FINAL 2024 Mock

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Sharkie69
Published: Jun. 16 at 10:05 a.m.
Description
Also my first mock of 2024 but let’s not worry about that
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-LETS GO! Though I’d be happy with Levshunov as well.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-no surprises yet.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-ANA doesn’t take a LHD since they already have Mint and Zellweger. I also don’t see ANA taking Demidov, so we’re left with either them being stupid and reaching for Parekh, or taking who was once my favourite player in the draft. I guess I’ll let them take Lindstrom. Hopefully his injury doesn’t completely derail his career.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-With a Laine trade, CBJ’s top 3 RWs in the future could be all Russian (Marchenko, Demidov, Chinakov).
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Their LHD system would be clogged, but they can easily trade Matheson for slightly over a first round pick (2 firsts if you are an unhinged Habs fan.
6Logo of the Utah Hockey Club-No way Dickinson falls past 6.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-After missing on Dragicevic last year, I see Seattle taking a swing on another, safer, RHD.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Yeah, we all know who the Flames are taking
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-NJD goes BPA, making sure Catton doesn’t fall out of the top 10. If the Devils trade this pick, I could see either Catton, Eiserman, Helenius, or Buium taken here
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I think an unstoppable force of goals is the exact player that Buffalo needs at this point, so Eiserman is absolutely the guy to take.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-PHI stumbles upon an unbelievable steal with this pick. Shoutout to @BigBallsBriere who started championing Buium long before he was projected to go top 15.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-With their dream pick in Buium selected directly before them, MIN takes a large reach on Jiricek, which is generally a boom or bust pick, I really like Jiricek, but I’m not absolutely sure taking him this high is the way. I could see Sennecke taken around here as well.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBPA
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Seems like a Stevie Y pick to me.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-BPA
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-BPA
18Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York IslandersGreat steal, here.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-GIVE VEGAS THE SCUMBAG. DO IT. THIS MUST BE DONE.
20Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Complete steal
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-The leafs have a good track record of taking Russians that can be possible steals.
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
25Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jetshehe funny
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
29Logo of the Dallas Stars-
30Logo of the New York Rangers-
31Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersWho do you think I’m missing in this mock?
Jun. 16 at 10:19 a.m.
the only thing i imagine is less likely to happen than taking a LHD at 5th over, is a goalie.

no. the habs are not drafting a defenseman, ESPECIALLY in the position we are deepest in. you can drown a giraffe in our lhd pool
Jun. 16 at 10:32 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: my_name_is_Fil
the only thing i imagine is less likely to happen than taking a LHD at 5th over, is a goalie.

no. the habs are not drafting a defenseman, ESPECIALLY in the position we are deepest in. you can drown a giraffe in our lhd pool

I just can’t see Montreal reaching for Catton at 5. Perhaps they trade down in the case that they can’t get Demidov.
Jun. 16 at 10:39 a.m.
Quoting: Sharkie69
I just can’t see Montreal reaching for Catton at 5. Perhaps they trade down in the case that they can’t get Demidov.

Think you're forgetting about Tij who teams are reportedly drooling to get their hands on.
Jun. 16 at 11:27 a.m.
R.I.P Yotes
If Buium falls to 9 and Conroy passes on him… that’s a generational fumble.
Jun. 16 at 11:34 a.m.

im hoping we reach for a safe forward (iginla, sennecke?) or we trade down and grab a few potential gems.

i like our scouts, weve have good draffts lately
ggha777 liked this.
Jun. 16 at 3:39 p.m.
Montreal already have Guhle and Hutson at LHD with top 4 potential, and Guhle already showing that he can play in the top 4. Even when Montreal trades Matheson we’ll have Hutson and Guhle. No need to use the 5th pick on a position we don’t need. I think in this scenario they go Iginla. Heck I even see them taking Sennecke at 5 before they take another LHD.
Jun. 16 at 7:09 p.m.

Ipersonally don't see Catton as a reach at 5 imho I think Catton may become the top forward to come out of this draft
Jun. 17 at 10:39 a.m.
Evans truther
I'm so scared Silayev ends up like the new Tyler Myers and not the next Chara/Hedman everyone think he'll be. Don't get me wrong, Myers' been a serviceable defender for over a decade but would I really look at him at 5OA? Give me Dickinson all day as a future fixture of my top 4, better project-ability, better rounded and easier to scout/meet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll