SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Ferraro Rumors not sure on value

Created by: WillyMackyWilly
Published: Jun. 11 at 7:54 p.m.
Salary Cap: $88,000,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ferraro, MarioSan Jose SharksNHL-$3,232,527011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Liljegren, TimothyToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$0011---0000--
Timmins, ConorToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$1,094,086011---0000--
Cowan, EastonWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsJunior-$0001---0000--
2026 3rd round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$36,370,8331433515511
Change$2,138,441102010
Final$38,509,274 (↑)15 (↑)3353 (↑)56 (↑)11000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Liljegren, TimothyToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$0011---0000--
Timmins, ConorToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$1,094,086011---0000--
Cowan, EastonWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsJunior-$0001---0000--
2026 3rd round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ferraro, MarioSan Jose SharksNHL-$3,232,527011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$18,830,3331633452111
Change-$2,138,441-10-20-10
Final$16,691,892 (↓)15 (↓)3343 (↓)20 (↓)11000
Jun. 11 at 7:54 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
I'm not sure of Ferraro's true value so don't crucify me for trying..
Core4nomore liked this.
Jun. 11 at 8:04 p.m.
Quoting: WillyMackyWilly

I’m not either, but Cowan is Toronto’s best prospect by far, and Liljegren is at least a proven NHL regular, so for this to make sense for them, Ferraro would need to be somebody who is underpaid and a significant upgrade from Liljegren.
Jun. 11 at 8:07 p.m.
Not even close. No way Toronto does anything even close to that.
Jun. 11 at 8:40 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Quoting: jr400
I’m not either, but Cowan is Toronto’s best prospect by far, and Liljegren is at least a proven NHL regular, so for this to make sense for them, Ferraro would need to be somebody who is underpaid and a significant upgrade from Liljegren.

I'm sure Ferraro is a big time upgrade over Liljegren, especially on the defensive side of the puck. Which the leafs desperately need. I went Cowen over Minten due to Cowan being teammates and linemates with Halttunen in London, figured maybe Sharks would try to connect the two. Value wise Minten would probably make much more sense.
Jun. 11 at 8:42 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Quoting: Rhea
Not even close. No way Toronto does anything even close to that.

Why not? I'm not saying it's a perfect trade or anything but I'm not sure it's as far off as you think. Ferraro is a locker room leader, which you can never have enough of those, especially on cup contending teams. His defensive ability is so much better than anyone else on the Leafs d-core and can take those top PK units without a doubt. I may have gone over the top with San Jose's return but I don't believe it's as far off as you think.
Jun. 11 at 9:01 p.m.
I'm sure Ferraro is a big time upgrade over Liljegren, especially on the defensive side of the puck. Which the leafs desperately need. I went Cowen over Minten due to Cowan being teammates and linemates with Halttunen in London, figured maybe Sharks would try to connect the two. Value wise Minten would probably make much more sense.

Minten instead of Cowan seems more reasonable, if Ferraro is as good as you say he is. Toronto’s prospect pool is pretty thin though, so I think they may be reluctant to part with Minten even if Ferraro is a fair return for this package.
Jun. 11 at 9:35 p.m.
Why not? I'm not saying it's a perfect trade or anything but I'm not sure it's as far off as you think. Ferraro is a locker room leader, which you can never have enough of those, especially on cup contending teams. His defensive ability is so much better than anyone else on the Leafs d-core and can take those top PK units without a doubt. I may have gone over the top with San Jose's return but I don't believe it's as far off as you think.

Because we would be trading one of our only RD a smaller.dman. yes he is good but I still want to see TL used properly to see what he have. His handedness alone makes him valuable to us. We need to be careful throwing around the term "locker room leader" because really none of us in the room to see it. I hear Rielly is a locker room leader...is he? Who really knows.

No way they trade Cowan either.

I'm not saying he is a bad dman because I do like him, but smaller dmen don't really hold up in the playoffs either...which is our real problem (ok one of many).
Jun. 12 at 7:14 a.m.
Goggles86
Cowan alone is too much.
Jun. 12 at 5:02 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Because we would be trading one of our only RD a smaller.dman. yes he is good but I still want to see TL used properly to see what he have. His handedness alone makes him valuable to us. We need to be careful throwing around the term "locker room leader" because really none of us in the room to see it. I hear Rielly is a locker room leader...is he? Who really knows.

No way they trade Cowan either.

I'm not saying he is a bad dman because I do like him, but smaller dmen don't really hold up in the playoffs either...which is our real problem (ok one of many).

Totally valid points. Only thing I don't agree with is Ferraro isn't small. 6' 208 and plays much bigger and more physical than that stature could indicate. For a cheaper price he'd be a perfect fit in Toronto.
Jun. 12 at 5:07 p.m.
Totally valid points. Only thing I don't agree with is Ferraro isn't small. 6' 208 and plays much bigger and more physical than that stature could indicate. For a cheaper price he'd be a perfect fit in Toronto.

Wow I have watched sharks game and never really noticed he was that big, but you are right he is physical. I do really like the player and would like him on my team, but Cowan is a non-starter.

Thanks for the correction. 🙂
Jun. 12 at 6:46 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Wow I have watched sharks game and never really noticed he was that big, but you are right he is physical. I do really like the player and would like him on my team, but Cowan is a non-starter.

Thanks for the correction. 🙂

Absolutely agreed now. I wasn't sure how Cowen was valued so thank you for clearing that up!
Rhea liked this.
Jun. 12 at 7:15 p.m.
Hockey

We wouldn’t give u Cowan let alone the rest but nice try.

Take out Cowan, add kampf Cade webber a fifth and maybe another B- prospect like tverberg
Jun. 13 at 12:38 a.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Quoting: Core4nomore
We wouldn’t give u Cowan let alone the rest but nice try.

Take out Cowan, add kampf Cade webber a fifth and maybe another B- prospect like tverberg

Moronic opinion

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll