SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

WillyMackyWilly Mock 2.0

WillyMackyWilly Mock 2.0

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: WillyMackyWilly
Published: Jun. 6 at 6:35 p.m.
Description
2nd version! A little different order, this time with pro comps!
*DISCLAIMER* This is all based on my opinion on who I think teams will take and who could benefit that team in the long run, I'm sorry if we don't agree.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Nothing to explain here, Sharks future has officially started. Comp - Sidney Crosby
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Although many others have jumped on the Demidov train to Chi-town. I like Levshunov here with the uncertainty in Seth Jones' game. Comp - Brent Burns but sturdier defensively.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim has so many good young players of all calibers and styles, but none like Silayev. Someone who could be a key piece down the road for this young team as opposed to being in a log jam of talent. Comp - A very raw Victor Hedman
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Slips to CBJ in my mock again, who finally find another polarizing winger with their future stud centers. Comp - Nikita Kucherov
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Brutal floor but endless upside, needs a lot of refinement to his game. Still think they'd consider Dickinson here but in the end they find their hopeful 2C of the future. Comp - P.L. Dubois minus the headache.
6Logo of the Utah Hockey Club-Cornerstone D-man #1 for the future (hopefully) Yetis. A guy who can do a bit of everything at a fantastic level. Can't wait to see his development. Comp - Roman Josi
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Yakemchuk brings the skill of todays NHL with the size and physical play of "old school hockey." Perfect fit with Ottawa. Comp - Physical Evan Bouchard
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Never seen Iggy Jr. mocked to the Kraken but I absolutely love the fit. Tij moved to the wing for the last part of the season and that's where he truly exploded. A guy as smart and talented as Tij shouldn't fall this far. Sorry Calgary. Comp - Matthew Tkachuk with a better shot.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Looking at the flames, I think they just need to take best available upside and Catton gives me Logan Cooley vibes from a couple drafts ago, Uber talent, just needs to bulk up and learn how to adapt to the NHL size. Comp - More deceptive Nikolaj Ehlers
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Ultimately I think the Devils trade down here, but as that's not an option... I think Eiserman's scoring prowess could absolutely thrive with Hughes and the rest of the elite playmakers the Devils have. Comp - Andrei Svechnikov with a better shot
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Something buffalo doesn't have enough of. Smart, responsible two-way centermen. Helenius is the true package of someone who could absolutely thrive as a 2C or 3C. Him and Cozens as the line 2 & line 3 Centers for years to come would be absolutely lethal. Comp - RH Sebastian Aho
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A dynamic winger who's only sky-rocketed up everyone's boards. Him and Michkov for years to come will be salivating. Comp - More methodical Quinton Byfield.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Aging d-core gets a much needed boost with an absolute stud who should have no business outside the top 10. Comp - Quinn Hughes
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsA defense needy team (who will probably trade up). Gets another absolute stud to fall to them and they are laughing to the bank with Parekh. Needs to bulk up and work on his defensive game, but man does he ooze talent. Comp - Defensively worse Adam Fox
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-A true Red Wings type of player, tons of talent, NHL caliber shot and he's quite a smart player on the ice. Needs time to develop his skating but he's a great player. Comp - Jason Robertson but slower
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues take a flyer on a true boom or bust player. Whose true potential is extremely high, but his floor is very low if he doesn't develop. Comp - Matt Barzal
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-A raw player with a very good shot and a shoot-first mentality. Could be a very good player next to Ryan Leonard for years to come. Comp -
18Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York IslandersI think Jiricek could be a top-15 pick based on his upside which is what the hawks go for here. Comp - Less offensive P.K. Subban
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-A scrappy, hard working, fast as hell, competitive winger who can help elevate any championship team. Comp - Zach Hyman but less physical
20Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningHigh IQ, NHL-caliber shot, Solid frame. Could be an NHL player in a year or 2. Love this to the Isles. Comp - Mark Stone with more offense
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-A project player for sure, but the talent, skating, and creativity levels are off the chart. Not scheduled to go to college until 25/26 season. Comp - Less explosive Jack Eichel
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-NHL size winger, has played in a mens league for 2 years now. Fights for space, plays physical. Preds will love him for years to come. Comp - Mix between Tom Wilson & Brady Tkachuk.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs try to fill an immediate need with a young, strong, smart defenseman who may just fit perfectly alongside Rielly. Comp - Erik Cernak
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Avs go for their future 2nd line center again, and Beaudoin is a DAWG. NHL strength, high IQ, terrific motor. Absolutely love this fit. Comp - Current John Tavares
25Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsSens swing for the fences with the uber talented Basha. Kid oozes talent everytime he has the puck, Projects as a middle 6 winger who can explode on the PP. Comp - More skilled Ondrej Palat
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsAlthough Hutson is on the board and that would be so fun.. Hemming just gives Montreal another absolute sniper. NHL-caliber shot right now. Exciting player. Comp - better rounded Patrik Laine
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Why not add a guy who was widely considered a bonafide top-5 pick leading up to this season to an already STACKED prospect pool? Talent in layers for Carolina. Comp - injury riddled version of Luke Hughes
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksBest available player every pick for Calgary. Build your future foundation. Hutson will be tremendous for them alongside Brzustewicz. Comp - Adam Fox without the defense.
29Logo of the Dallas Stars-Are they going to do it again with Stiga? The potential is absolutely there, now can Dallas help him refine the weaker parts of his game to make him the next Wyatt Johnston? Comp - Smaller LH Wyatt Johnston
30Logo of the New York Rangers-Thought about Solberg going in the top-20 due to his electric defensive play, but this fit is too intriguing with the Rags. Comp - More Physical Jonas Brodin
31Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersSpeed, speed, and more speed. Easily one of the fastest and twitchiest players in this whole class. Bring the rest of your abilities to the NHL level and he could be a dangerous player for Philly. Comp - More skilled Joel Eriksson Ek.
32Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersWith the level of prospects the Ducks have you can never have enough Charlie Elick's. Big strong and mean. Incredible in front of his own net. Comp - Braden Schneider
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-A bottom-5 defensive prospect pool gets a lot better with Parekh and Mews. Sharks will be scary for years to come if these guys develop. Comp - Avs Tyson Barrie
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Super talented. Pair him back up with Bedsy could create some real magic for Chi-town. Comp - non-rat version of Brad Marchand
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Should be a first rounder, Ducks pull the trigger on the best available or may even look to trade out of this pick. Comp - Conor Garland
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsVery very talented skater and puck mover on the back end. Needs to bulk up and work on his defensive game but he has the makings to be a very good player. Comp - John Klingberg
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal CanadiensVery crafty, and high IQ player. Knows where to be and when to jump in. Comp - Oliver Kylington
38Logo of the Utah Hockey Club-Massive frame, good skater, and great offensive tools. Fits right in with the Utah/AZ management teams style. Comp - Extremely raw Tage Thompson
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
41Logo of the Calgary Flames-
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
43Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
45Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
46Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
47Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
48Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
49Logo of the Utah Hockey ClubLogo of the Washington Capitals
50Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York Islanders
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
53Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
54Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
58Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
59Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
60Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
61Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
62Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
63Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
64Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
65Logo of the Utah Hockey ClubLogo of the Florida Panthers
Jun. 6 at 7:13 p.m.
Snowhawk
I don’t see Chicago going D at both # 2 and #18.
Jun. 6 at 7:23 p.m.
Can we just lock this in and send the players to their respective teams lol. Sharks would walk away from this draft skipping if they could land Celebrini Parekh and Mews with their first 3 picks and Pulkkinen possibly with their 2nd 2nd.
They would be a good Goalie or two and a high level RW away from having a Dominant prospect pool.
Jun. 6 at 9:14 p.m.
The Blues can't really afford to take a flyer on someone like Connelly
Jun. 7 at 3:46 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Quoting: Snowhawk18
I don’t see Chicago going D at both # 2 and #18.

I thought the same, but looking at the forward names who were still on the board, I believe Jiricek had the highest ceiling and in terms of young right shot defensemen, Chicago doesn't have many. Why not add two incredible prospects to that mix. Maybe Demidov makes more sense at 2 if they're planning on a defenseman at 18. You'd get both a winger & right handed D in the draft then. Either way Chicago has a great draft imo.
Jun. 7 at 3:59 p.m.
Silly Willy Macky
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Can we just lock this in and send the players to their respective teams lol. Sharks would walk away from this draft skipping if they could land Celebrini Parekh and Mews with their first 3 picks and Pulkkinen possibly with their 2nd 2nd.
They would be a good Goalie or two and a high level RW away from having a Dominant prospect pool.

I agree it would be incredible with those first 2. Mews I'm not that high on, I've seen some questionable defensive looks from him while watching the 67's, but I also see the potential and his puck moving ability while being a RHD could be important to the sharks. Especially if we don't get a Parekh or another defenseman at 14. Exciting time to be a sharks fan nonetheless and I can't wait to see what GMMG has up his sleeve!
Jun. 7 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: WillyMackyWilly
I agree it would be incredible with those first 2. Mews I'm not that high on, I've seen some questionable defensive looks from him while watching the 67's, but I also see the potential and his puck moving ability while being a RHD could be important to the sharks. Especially if we don't get a Parekh or another defenseman at 14. Exciting time to be a sharks fan nonetheless and I can't wait to see what GMMG has up his sleeve!

Agree! Mews to me has 2nd pair upside 3rd pair reasonabke expectation but is decent size good offensivly just needs more muscle and confidence defensively.
WillyMackyWilly liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll